Using Roots Lush

Hey @davidw44.

I've never been able to let a plant go for 10 weeks with just Lush and water! So I've got more questions than I have answers.

What are you growing?
How big are the pots?
What size lights?
Have you added any calmag?
Can you post some pics?

I supplement the Lush with Roots Organic dry nutrients beginning around week 5 or 6 and have found it to work pretty well. @lootznbootz supplements his with Roots Organic liquid nutrients and that seem to work well also.

Thanks for the tag Stone!

Agree with GDB.
Especially about pot size, pot size is everything if you're talking water only.
If you have a properly amended living Organic Soil in 3'x3' fabric bed with a cover crop and thick mulch and a handful of worms then you could just do water only from seed to harvest.
Although it would still be best to replenish the soil throughout the grow.

Add some Bokashi in veg and a nice top dress of Craft Blend right before flip to flower watered in with Buildabloom.

If you're like most and you're in a 5 gallon plastic pot then you should never come close to 10 weeks water only without some ill effects.
Maybe if you're running a 100w light so the plants aren't feeding heavy.
Also some strains are very lite feeders.

Hey @davidw44.

I've never been able to let a plant go for 10 weeks with just Lush and water! So I've got more questions than I have answers.

What are you growing?
How big are the pots?
What size lights?
Can you post some pics?

I supplement the Lush with Roots Organic dry nutrients beginning around week 5 or 6 and have found it to work pretty well. @lootznbootz supplements his with Roots Organic liquid nutrients and that seem to work well also.

Hey @davidw44.

What are you growing?
How big are the pots?
What size lights?
Can you post some pics?

I am using seven gallon fabric pots. Growing three allen of three lemon sour diesel three chocolate mimosa one strawberry banana cheese. Using two 650r HLG. Also using recharge . First time using leds to. Transfer to seven gallon pots on oct 1. Any advice would be appreciated.

B6B0FFD5-C559-4139-9090-967042B7AD04.jpeg

025410D7-F3DD-40D8-B3D5-6107DF9BDED1.jpeg

44AD84DA-69E7-4F17-B708-79DB3A0DD6CF.jpeg

B0169030-F46A-4919-A22F-303CBCF31FDD.jpeg

9E1024F5-B365-43A2-95F7-596E83B98864.jpeg

469021B4-0285-4C7C-AACC-FE7778490A76.jpeg

A56005FE-8366-4F94-AD30-F6ECA9875C42.jpeg

11057121-53AC-473A-A4D0-3306241045ED.jpeg

6EE47703-A88D-4DB7-976B-9A297A16E89E.jpeg

FEC41F62-58C2-47A2-A442-8EE43744CF32.jpeg

Frist time using just water soil. They said that it was good for about eight weeks. Been going for about ten weeks now and everything is still green and flowering good. Is there anything that I can add to boost the plants
A lot of successful members are using @Prescription Blend with great results and I’m going to be using them for my first indoor grow. Happy Growing. Also members are entitled to a discount code. CL🍀:goodluck::420:

Hey @davidw44.

What are you growing?
How big are the pots?
What size lights?
Can you post some pics?

Thanks GDB sorry I’m late!

I would definitely start feeding something if it’s been that long.
Especially going into flower.

The Roots liquid nutrients have been pretty good to me this far. Tho it is a lot of work vs the dry nutes like GDB uses.

You could keep it minimal and maybe grab just what you need.
I can only speak on the bottles as that’s what I’m familiar with.
If your trying to stick with roots and want to go the liquid route I’d grab the
GROW BLOOM HP2 & HPK

The GROW and BLOOM together would be your 2 part system all the way through cutting back the GROW by half in late flower.
the HP2 would be an early flower and late flower booster. (Cutting it out completely during mid flower)

HPK would be your late flower booster.

Not sure what water source your using but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to grab a bottle of cal/mag too 🤷🏽‍♂️ using I forgot to add it early on in veg using r/o water and ran into problems

Like I said way more work

Just grab you a bag of the terptea and keep all the work in my explanation of it. 😉 😂

That's a nice bunch of plants @davidw44! :Rasta:

The Lush must be similar to LOS, in that the more you use the better. Clearly those plants have done well and you're well past 6 weeks!

I use it in 3gal pots and that's probably why it runs out of gas so much sooner than yours in 7gal pots. That's my guess anyway.

I still think you'd be wise to start feeding them something, and the sooner the better. When the soil loses it's punch things tend to go south quickly.

I'm going to hang around and see how this ends!

Happy Growing!

Back
Top Bottom