Vaporizer Questions

Ugodmade

Hello I finally was able to get a vaporizer. I have been wanting one forever . But I am having a hard time finding optimum temperature . I read that it boils at 392 f but I find this to be to hot on mine it scorches it leaving a bad taste .
I have backed it off but now I worry i am not burning all the thc ? If I see vapor at all it is working .. Right ? And also how much should I pack in it ? Can I pack a bigger bowl and drop temp to slow vapor all of it or do i need to reach a 392 temp to boil the thc .. Any help with this would be much appreciated :thanks:

I start mine at about 317-320F.

Here's a post I made regarding vape temps, a link to the 9th post. But read thru the thread for some good info.

Thanks. Funny thing is I was playing around with it when i made this post and I backed it to 300 for starters went up 10 degrees and finally up 10 more and it was perfect . Then I woke up to see your post . What kind do u have ? Mine is a cheep vapor king payed 89 $ at a local head shop . Also great info there on your post thanks so much + rep

I also have some cheapo unit that my father purchased online. It's a box type with 2 separate heating elements for 2 whips. No blower. He purchased it because he heard it was the healthier way to medicate.

When I asked him if he liked it, he answered, I don't know, I don't have any grass.

LOL, I helped him out with that one. But a couple of weeks later we talked about it again and well .... I have the unit now.

I've tried the ones with the blower that fills the bag. I like those better because the fan controls how fast the bag gets filled. As opposed to when I pull off the whip too hard and get the herb to darken too quickly.

Thanks for the rep. Im not sure how that all works, but appreciate it none-the-less.

I found that 117 works best on my unit . I get like 6 tokes then i empty out the center and bump the temp up t0 119 to get whats left in the edges maybe 5 more tokes . Funny you should say that about your dad . My dad liked mine so much I went and bought him one yesterday .Now mine can stay at home . Its great once you get it figured out. I even bought a neat wood box and modified it where the vaporizer and whip fits like it was made for it. I will put some pics up later .

Just so you guys know, the temp displays on those things are a "feel good" temp. The sensors are never in the airpath where it should be. THC vaporizes somewhere above 300 to about 390 degrees fahrenheit, it varies. My vaporizer (DaBuddha - made in Colorado) has no temp display and I can use it with no issues. All vaporizers have a learning curve when it comes to using them. Just remember, practice makes perfect! Just start low, and increase the temps untill you get vapor, then leave it alone. When it is roasted, it's roasted. If you turn it up to high, or draw to slowly, it will burn. You will know as it taste like burnt popcorn. Now that I found the sweet spot on my settings dial, it turn it on to that spot and let it warm up. Then I start drawing slowly at first, then stronger when I see vapor. I take several hits on a fill till you notice the flavor & vapor either gone, or almost gone. You will know as that burn flavor will appear if you try to cook it beyond its life. The burnt bud will look pretty much the same, but roasted brown. You can also save this and cook with it, or so I am told. I have yet to try it. I think I pretty much suck mine dry of any goodness, LOL.
Also, not all vaporizers are the same. Stay away from the cheap, usually Chinese made vapes... they are junk and are unsafe to use. You want "glass on glass" connections whenever possible, high quality ceramic heater, an air path that is separated from the electronics, and a company that stands behind their product. Spend a little more and get a high quality unit that meets your needs. It will be worth it in the long run, plus your health depends on it. You don't want to inhale fumes or burning foreign materials. You want clean heat and THC goodness. As a bonus, I find that I go through about a third less on average, it has almost zero smell, I never need to find a lighter, and my lungs have never felt cleaner. I recommend vaporizing to anyone who now smoke it. If your like me, you wont go back to smoking. Give it a try! :riskybusiness:

yep, they need dialed in, different weed will take different temps. my sack of the good vapes 8* higher than the nasty ass brick i get ... :peace:

Thanks Bro I agree I totally love my new vap ! Iv about got it figured out now and have ordered a few spare whips and hoses , My dad has lung problems and was having trouble smoking so I hope it will help him with that. Me I just love the taste and how easily it is to clean and maintain so that every hit is as good as the first .. I was considering getting the iolite Portable Vaporizer its kinda pricey for me and I would like any feed back before jumping into a 250 $ vap without asking people that know their shit :)

If you are looking for an affordable portable pipe, try a Vapor Star. They run about $50 and the company that makes and sells them has excellent customer service, hell they will even send you free parts should it break (doubtful). it is very similair to a regular pipe, and does require a lighter. The learning curve is a little steeper as you control the amount of heat you give it. I use one while on vacation where I cannot take my electric vape. All of them are made from wood other than the bowl, they come in colors, natural, or exotic woods.

vaporgenie-colors-banner1.jpg

PS - I do not work for, or represent any brands I may mention. I am only a consumer of goods.

Back
Top Bottom