Vaporizing vs Decarbing

Nope it's some French stuff.. Thymus Vulgaris, Malva Sylvestris, Sambucus Nigra, Salvia Officinalis...
Off the top of my head, Sambucus Nigra is elderberry, salvia officinalis is a mint.

FDA didn't they raid places for raw milk?
The cops just raided a farm in Pennsylvania selling organic food and raw milk directly to private buyers. Some say the farm's store was shut down. The cops are working for the corporations who sell crap poisonous food at the supermarkets.

and oh that proposition 65 from Cali, that's printed on stuff on this side of the ocean as well these days.. my studio monitors are cancer causing according to it.. ah the terpene mycrene as well, probably the others too.
I have mixed feelings about Prop. 65. Cali has a strong environmental protection agency, which is good. Contaminants in food are a big problem: glyphosate, pesticide and herbicide residues, heavy metals, PFAs, etc. Most all molasses containers show Prop. 65 warning because of heavy metals, mostly lead I guess. But lately I've heard that they are listing anything with minute amounts of THC, namely hemp food products, as causing reproductive harm, but to my knowledge there's been no study linking THC to reproductive harm, certainly not at those tiny amounts. Maybe I got mixed signals on that, because hemp foods do pick up heavy metals – hemp is well known to pull toxins out of the soil and into the seeds and resin. I investigated hemp oil and hemp seeds a bit, and concluded that Manitoba Harvest's products were safe. I have some of their culinary oil, which I take as a supplement for omega oils.

As for the vape how long are the things that are vaporised effective? and well convection vapes as then you kinda extract on the draw so you inhale all the compounds that get vaped.. with conductive vapes I can see compounds escaping into the air but also depending on the design as well the things that get volatile before you reach the temperature are in the vape and you get them with the first drag no?
Good questions. When you pull on the vape, are the terp molecules actually reaching your lungs where they are then absorbed into your blood stream? What percent of the terp molecules actually in the bud material are reaching your lungs, and what percent of that winds up in the blood?

Now that you mention it, I will be more conscious to pull on the vape prior to the PAX's green light turning on, as a way to consume more of the terps. After all, they are off-gassing quite a bit even at 120°F. Then again, my bud drying method right now is quite poor – food dehydrator at 90°F, so I'm losing a lot of terps that way. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to set up a drying system here in my insanely humid environment in Hawaii, off-grid with not a lot of solar power. At the moment, I'm still convinced that a closet-size drying room with dehum and AC is the way to go, and I have the equip but haven't set it up yet. The crucial component will be a Rasperry Pi computer to monitor the available solar power and activate the dehum and AC only when there's enough power available. Mostly the AC is the crucial factor there – I want to run below 68°F as much as possible. I don't think I'll be able to keep it there, especially not in the winter when solar exposure is so low.

salvia officinali
That's the sage, and Salvia divinorum version is the Mexican trippy sage.
Yeah to get to the English I need to throw it in a translator I know most kitchen herbs & spices in English but that's it, some things translate like Thyme is Thijm in Dutch as well.
But then like that Malva Sylvestris turns out to be Common Mallow never heard of that and like in Dutch it's Groot Kaasjeskruid.. go figure.

Oh I'm for environmental regulations too! but seeing it pop up on so many things over here probably because they also go to the US market, everything may cause cancer according to it it seems.. even for it to be so, I have to open the device, get to a specific component, and then find a way to get the harmful compound out of the binding it's in in that component so I can somehow ingest or inhale it.

I have a bong attachment for the Pax and well yeah any movement in the heating up phase you can see heat or a puff of vapour escaping from the device.
Indeed the right dry & cure is very important for vape, the right bud can produce huge rips and the flavour! so pure and complex.

I'd also recommend Dynavap to any vape aficionados.. it keeps on impressing me when it comes to flavour and effect. I feel like I'm getting the entire spectrum of goodness with it.
but it's like playing an acoustic instrument not an electric one, environment influences behaviour and it's all on your torch heating technique and dragging and airing it to get a great extraction.
So bit of a learning curve but well that's kinda with electric vapes as well it really boils down to temperature and drag/extraction control that completely changes what's happening in the device and what boiling points you're hitting and indeed effectively reach your bloodstream.
IMG_1704696848115.JPEG

1704666424251.png

Very interesting terps there... looking at the percents. This is the first time I've seen camphene up that high, .57%, and guaiol as well, .36%. You've got total pinene of .60%. Meanwhile, caryophyllene and limonene are on the low side. But myrcene is up there as well. Very interesting. I would guess that this pheno is quite leaf mold resistant. Possibly also bud rot resistant. (Keeping in mind that another pheno of Dinamed Plus may have a completely different terp profile.)

Thanks for this, because it's the first time I have realized that both camphene and guaiol can be considered "pine terpenes" – they are both found in pine trees and/or other conifers. So you've got in this case a pine/non-pine ratio of 1.53%/0.77%. Yet terpinolene is not dominant, as is typical for a lot of pine-terp dominant phenos, and there's no terpinene or terpineol. (I have been correlating terpinolene dominance with bud rot resistance.) This is an eye opener for me, for my research in this area.

It looks like camphene being this high is very rare. Out of 169 strains in Kannapedia, 124 contain some measurable camphene. Of those, only 16 have camphene above 0.02%, and the highest is Shark Shock at 0.027%. Lo and behold, Shark Shock is high in CBD at 9%, but also contains THC 7.6%. (Shark Shock is a chemotype II, while your Dinamed Plus is chemotype III). I'll make a guess now that camphene being above, say 0.05%, may only occur in chemotype III plants – high CBD and THC < 1%.
I just wanted to add that Dinamed was derived from CBD Dancehall. Both are from Spain. Dancehall is a 1:1 CBD/THC variety (chemotype II). I found one terp profile at ASKGROWERS showing a similar terpene profile for Dancehall as compared to Dinamed Plus, with camphene at 0.24%, which blows my prediction above, assuming ASKGROWERS is correct. (I guessed high camphene wouldn't show up in a chemotype II plants.)

I just wanted to add that Dinamed was derived from CBD Dancehall. Both are from Spain. Dancehall is a 1:1 CBD/THC variety (chemotype II). I found one terp profile at ASKGROWERS showing a similar terpene profile for Dancehall as compared to Dinamed Plus, with camphene at 0.24%, which blows my prediction above, assuming ASKGROWERS is correct. (I guessed high camphene wouldn't show up in a chemotype II plants.)
Sad that Dinafem got busted. I think I saw somewhere that they have made their genetics available to others. Since my plants are feminized and I'm dealing with mothers/clones my only hope to preserve the genetics for further breeding would be to force a plant to make male flowers and self them for seeds. My friend who gave me the Dinamed Plus plant got 10 seeds and planted them all and didn't know what to do with them all - so I ended up with that one, the other 9 are lost.

He also got a pack of CBD Crew "Indica Mix Pack" - a variety package of their strains that grow out to 1:1. I ended up growing a couple for him and have kept them (again, the others are lost). From comparing descriptions of CBD Crew "1:1 strains" to the characteristics of the 2 plants I grew, I'm pretty certain that I have a Critical Mass CBD and a Shark Shock CBD. I just label them IM#1 and IM#4 since I don't know for certain the strains. I love and use the IM#1 so I got that one tested too - couple of screenshots attached. Very terpy, high in guaiol and pinenes, no camphene. 2CBD:1THC. This one does have a tendency to get WPM and some bud rot in the mid/late season in most seasons but I get plenty of clean buds anyway. The WPM definitely drops off in the cooler days of mid-Sept and October so it doesn't affect the flowering, and bud rot also drops off in the cool fall and doesn't spread.

My "IM#4" may be Shark Shock CBD. Matches the CBD Crew description of form and timing and aroma of "a skunk in a garlic field". I haven't had this one tested but it is VERY mold resistant and produces a massive bush and large, clean, hard buds/colas. Probably should get it tested too, just pacing the testing since it is $50 for cannabinoids and $25 for terps.

IM#1 - Critical Mass Terpenoids.png

IM#1 - Critical Mass Cannabinoids.png

FreeOrganicProduce-2.jpg

Oh, just read up on dinafem can we expect this for other seedbanks in Spain?
As well apart from any shenanigans on their part, Charges include promoting an illegal substance, selling seeds, promoting and advising on social media..I mean damn... although I'm not surprised last time I had problems with the police concerning pot was with the Spanish police. fggrs
But if they decide to go that route they might be out for the others too?
If that's the case I'm gonna stock up on Channel+ and maybe some bulk Deep Neville regular from Medicalseeds.

I found out that Dinafem was resurrected as Silent Seeds in 2021, as per report by GrowBarato. Apparently Silent Seeds intends to bring back the Dinafem strains. So far I don't see any of the Dinafem CBDs on the Silent Seeds website. I see that Dutchman Seeds still has a lot of Dinafem seeds, including a lot of CBDs, but the Dinamed CBDs are sold out.

I found out that Dinafem was resurrected as Silent Seeds in 2021, as per report by GrowBarato. Apparently Silent Seeds intends to bring back the Dinafem strains. So far I don't see any of the Dinafem CBDs on the Silent Seeds website. I see that Dutchman Seeds still has a lot of Dinafem seeds, including a lot of CBDs, but the Dinamed CBDs are sold out.
Thanks for that. I will keep an eye on Silent Seeds. They seemed to know what they were doing and I loved their community spirit. Maybe the Dinamed series are just getting outdated? I know I see things advertised now with higher CBD but, for medical use, a plant in hand and a test report gives me comfort. If I want more CBD, I just consume a bit more bud.

I'm in a rough patch in maintaining mothers - I think I messed up with a fertilizer mix and they didn't like pH 8.2; I'm freaking out about this hop latent virioid and hoping my mothers are clean. We need seeds from time to time. I do grow a few hops, but my mothers never go outdoors. Will be removing the hops. I've been thinking a lot lately about the carbon footprint of beer compared to a seasonal outdoor garden. Hard to continue to even do homebrewing. But is there a strain that tastes like a New England IPA, with fizz?

Cheers!

Thanks for that. I will keep an eye on Silent Seeds. They seemed to know what they were doing and I loved their community spirit. Maybe the Dinamed series are just getting outdated? I know I see things advertised now with higher CBD but, for medical use, a plant in hand and a test report gives me comfort. If I want more CBD, I just consume a bit more bud.
I'm with you on that. Add in fungus resistance, too, in my case. My CBD #18 pheno get about 10% CBD. She's hearty, compact, high resin production, and decent fungus resistance. Sweet Critical is promising... I did get 15% from her over the summer "without really trying". I'm growing again now in 10 gal. As I recall, she wasn't super fungus resistant (indica leaning), but pot size could help with that; i.e. better availability of nutrients, better root structure, could lead to more resin production => terpenes. Withholding water toward the end could boost terps, and hence boost resistance.

I'm in a rough patch in maintaining mothers - I think I messed up with a fertilizer mix and they didn't like pH 8.2; I'm freaking out about this hop latent virioid and hoping my mothers are clean. We need seeds from time to time. I do grow a few hops, but my mothers never go outdoors. Will be removing the hops. I've been thinking a lot lately about the carbon footprint of beer compared to a seasonal outdoor garden. Hard to continue to even do homebrewing. But is there a strain that tastes like a New England IPA, with fizz?
I seem to recall that Kevin McKernan had some recent info about HLV-resistant cannabis genetics... maybe something about purple strains.

I've been thinking about brewing a hard kombucha with hops.

Back
Top Bottom