Veg to Flower - Change in Nutients required?

Lasnow

Folks;
Hi and thanks.
Something from the 60ties, returning home and this is where I'm at. Never been a grower, but yes please, another newbie at a crossroad. Vegging is completed, time for flowering.
Have taken 3 sisters from 6 inch clones and miracuously raised them (2 Kush/1 Skunk) with 6-45 watt CFLs (4 HO and 2 Soft); just recently added a T5 6 lamp configuration (2 HO and 4 soft); on a recipe from donor using Miracle Grow 20-20-20 and soil on an 18\6 schedule. Feeding every 2 days or as required (by Moisture Meter).
After 3 additional weeks of cloning and 30 days vegging, these little girls are somehow standing a solid 2 feet each and have endured what I believe to be root burn from over nutrients (Nitrogen?) on a couple of occasions.
Is this barbaric?
Now have a Ph meter to check soil. Everything I've found, mostly relates to hydroponics and all indicates mixing of your own nutrients. Not a gardener by nature, some of this difficult to wrap my brain box around.
Questions I have are:
1. Should I be changing my food? Recommendations please. What? I've heard names like Jungle Juice A & B.
2. Is my lighting sufficient or too much?
Girls at home in a completely reflective and well ventilated/heat controlled 40 in X 40 in X 8 ft space indoors.
Give them life and help me bring them to maturity, :thanks:
Peace, love and lets get at it.
And thanks again. Blessed be.

Lasnow

Hey Lasnow, hope the grow is going well :goodjob:
1. I would personally change to a A and B type plant ferts for growing. I have noticed better results when I switched. There have been excellent plants grown with miracle grow but I personally (and many others) favor the seperate veg/flower ferts.
For types of ferts, I personally use dutch master but there are many types out there. It is all dependent on what type of grow you are doing be it coir, hydro, soil, etc
2. I would say that for 3 plants you might want a better lighting set up, although you will still get a yield off those bulbs. If you changed to higher watt LED or MH/HPS the yield would be larger.

With the root burn, less is more when it comes to nitrogen.
Also, when you say feeding every two days, if it is soil don't use ferts every time you add water. Try 1st day fert (with water), 2nd day water, 3rd day water, repeat.

Hope that helped, SxC :Namaste:

Hey;

And my thanks for taking the time.

Found a sympathetic Hydro supplier and he's got me on Pro Mix soil with Dutch Master A & B Bloom.
And yes to the watering schedule. Supplier discussed the effect(s) of light penetration with me. Have added 6 additional CFl's. Don't know if this is the complete answer, but for now am a little more comfortable with them vs HPS's. Am looking for improvement, so all this info is somewhere in my weary old head.

Again, my thanks and yes it did..

:peace: bro

Back
Top Bottom