Ventilation questions

Slothman

I just got a 6in carbon filter setup and was wondering what is the most efficient way to run it i have it sitting on the ground (picture attached) but id like to hang it is there really any difference in mounting ?

Attachments

• 20190420_211540.jpg
    20190420_211540.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 133
Make sure the fan sucks through the carbon filter and then out the hose to outside of the tent.

right now i have it sucking from the top it's strong enough it pulls air over the light and sucks the heat it puts off and exhausts out through the filter. its keeping any smell she puts off completely at bay cant even smell it next to the tent and im able to keep all the doors sipped so it gets 100% reflectivity. just wondering if hanging it increases its efficency at all

just wondering if hanging it increases its efficency at all
I have no idea. If all you're talkin about is removing odors I don't think it would matter where you put it.

I have no idea. If all you're talkin about is removing odors I don't think it would matter where you put it.

yeah because i'm using it as m y extraction fan to keep my RH down since the part of my house isnt hooked into the AC it doesn't get conditioned so its a little humid back there but i keep it at bay with those dehumidifier things with the silicone beads in em.

From what i know (i'm on my first grow right now this come from information i gather online)

Outside of the tent = more noisy but it give you more space in the grow room

inside = less noisy (db outside the room), take more space in the grow room , the exaust is closer to your grow tent then has more power where you need it

for the efficacity ,its depends how much CFM (cubic feet per minute) your ventilation blows
there is some calculator online too check with your tent size

normally most carbon filter will drop 20% your efficacity

TLDR!!! : Has long you have negative pressure in your tent (when you close it ist shrink on its self)
it will suck the heat and odoors and air movement in your tent should be from fan within the grow area

From what i know (i'm on my first grow right now this come from information i gather online)

Outside of the tent = more noisy but it give you more space in the grow room

inside = less noisy (db outside the room), take more space in the grow room , the exaust is closer to your grow tent then has more power where you need it

for the efficacity ,its depends how much CFM (cubic feet per minute) your ventilation blows
there is some calculator online too check with your tent size

normally most carbon filter will drop 20% your efficacity

TLDR!!! : Has long you have negative pressure in your tent (when you close it ist shrink on its self)
it will suck the heat and odoors and air movement in your tent should be from fan within the grow area

What's tdlr? And it wasn't like that until I got the carbon filter and fan

I just got a 6in carbon filter setup and was wondering what is the most efficient way to run it i have it sitting on the ground (picture attached) but id like to hang it is there really any difference in mounting ?
Hey slothman, my setup is exactly the same due to restrictions. I think most of the noise mine generates is from the air going through the ducting. If it was hung horizontally I do think it would help but you’d still have some noise from the fan no doubt.

I think it’s all good man. My biggest concern is the fact that the hot air being pushed out is staying in the room.

Hey slothman, my setup is exactly the same due to restrictions. I think most of the noise mine generates is from the air going through the ducting. If it was hung horizontally I do think it would help but you’d still have some noise from the fan no doubt.

I think it’s all good man. My biggest concern is the fact that the hot air being pushed out is staying in the room.

i did hang it i had it mounted and it made vibration sounds pretty loud all throughout my house lol so its back where it was on the ground and its fine that way really i didn't notice much of a difference honestly

i did hang it i had it mounted and it made vibration sounds pretty loud all throughout my house lol so its back where it was on the ground and its fine that way really i didn't notice much of a difference honestly

lol also it doesnt sound light a helicopter is landing on my kitchen floor

Back
Top Bottom