Venting with C02

Manic Mike

I run a sealed room with C02 that is automatically controlled to 1500ppm. Should I vent in fresh air when the system lights off? Mike

I'd be more worried about the room temperature and humidity. The plants don't consume CO2 in dark phase, so I don't think cycling the air in the room during dark phase is a bad idea.

I run a de humidifier and an a/c unit to control temp and humidity. Just wondering if they need a little fresh air occasionally. Mike

I have read about large closed grow environment grow operations that keep the same air in the room and carbon filter it and keep adding more CO2 to it to keep it at 1500 ppm. But I have to wonder if using the same stale air over and over, extra CO2 or not, isn't as good as bringing all fresh air and adding the CO2 to that instead.

I've asked the same question in the recent past. I only vent during lights out if I need to in order to control humidity/temps.

Someone also said the roots need o2, but I'm thinking thats not a reason to vent out your Co2. Some placed recommend scrubbing the room content internally, but this is more for the odor than anything else.

No need to vent. Ocassionally it can get a little stale in there if your scrubber isn't up to the task or your humidity gets too high.

Plus when you open the door are they getting fresh air or just more indoor air?

Back
Top Bottom