Very Hairy Buds

ThricomeInsutituteStudent

He Everyone, I am a new grower, second grow currently, Growing Gorilla Auto from Dynafem, going into 4th week of flower, Buds are very hairy and funny looking, My second plant looks (normal). They have been on the same Cycle and feeding. I need to know if its normal and good? Am I doing something wrong?

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 12.20.02 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 12.20.02 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 12.20.02 PM.jpeg

He Everyone, I am a new grower, second grow currently, Growing Gorilla Auto from Dynafem, going into 4th week of flower, Buds are very hairy and funny looking, My second plant looks (normal). They have been on the same Cycle and feeding. I need to know if its normal and good? Am I doing something wrong?

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 12.20.02 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 12.20.02 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 12.20.02 PM.jpeg
Welcome my friend to 420magazine. :welcome: Your buds look like they are sativa leaning and and stretched in between the buds.
You have nice spiral growth, and they are starting to build.
Those long white hairs are normal and will turn red and crinkle in at the end.
They look like they might need a bit more light. What are you using?

Welcome my friend to 420magazine. :welcome: Your buds look like they are sativa leaning and and stretched in between the buds.
You have nice spiral growth, and they are starting to build.
Those long white hairs are normal and will turn red and crinkle in at the end.
They look like they might need a bit more light. What are you using?
Thanks Bill, I am using a full spectrum 1000W LED, it currently is on Flower which seems to give off more red spectrum. Should I maybe change back to more blue spectrum? The site I got the seeds from said Gorilla Auto is Indica Dominent, but these leaves surely lean much more toward narrow leaf dominant. Am I wrong?

Thanks Bill, I am using a full spectrum 1000W LED, it currently is on Flower which seems to give off more red spectrum. Should I maybe change back to more blue spectrum? The site I got the seeds from said Gorilla Auto is Indica Dominent, but these leaves surely lean much more toward narrow leaf dominant. Am I wrong?
Hey @ThricomeInsutituteStudent I love that name. I hope you are well my friend.
What i see so far-
How is your temp and rh? Good air flow?
Nutrients? Schedule? Are you following it?
You should have both spectrums on at all times flower and veg. Regardless
Is it an Azone special? Or a brand name? I don't think its doing a great job. How far away is it?
If its an auto whats your timer set at. 20 on 4 off is very popular with good auto growers.
She def stretched while forming buds and has the spiral traits of a sativa.
But with a weak light and suspect genetics could be anything?
Bill

Hey @ThricomeInsutituteStudent I love that name. I hope you are well my friend.
What i see so far-
How is your temp and rh? Good air flow?
Nutrients? Schedule? Are you following it?
You should have both spectrums on at all times flower and veg. Regardless
Is it an Azone special? Or a brand name? I don't think its doing a great job. How far away is it?
If its an auto whats your timer set at. 20 on 4 off is very popular with good auto growers.
She def stretched while forming buds and has the spiral traits of a sativa.
But with a weak light and suspect genetics could be anything?
Bill
Hi Bill284, Room temp is at 24 Degrees C, RH has been a little high for one day, it hit 65%, but I managed to get it under control quickly, Air flow is good, Nutrient schedule is to the tee. I will put both light spectrums on and keep it that way, I have been following a 12 / 12 cycle for flower, but will throw it back to 20 / 4. Really wanna get these to a good harvest. Thank you for your guidance in the matter. I will drop some Pictures later on in flower to show the progress.

Every two hairs is a calyx, every calyx packing on is a bigger thicker bud.
Ideally you want to see as many hairs as possible.
It looks like you could use more intense lighting.
And you might be a little high in nitrogen, or possibly over drying soil that might be concentrating nutrients.
Thanks for the feedback, I will increase the light intensity for sure and also change the light cycle back to 20 / 4.

Every two hairs is a calyx, every calyx packing on is a bigger thicker bud.
Ideally you want to see as many hairs as possible.
It looks like you could use more intense lighting.
And you might be a little high in nitrogen, or possibly over drying soil that might be concentrating nutrients.
I water the plants every second evening once the lights go off, the top soil 24hours after watering is still very moist, should I maybe start watering daily?

I water the plants every second evening once the lights go off, the top soil 24hours after watering is still very moist, should I maybe start watering daily?
Is it coco? Every day
Soil requires a dry period in between watering?

Is it coco? Every day
Soil requires a dry period in between watering?
Hi Bill, I am using a super soil it consists of the following...

Compost, Vermicompost, Coco peat, Sphagnum peat moss (sustainably harvested) and perlite.

Amendments:

Alfalfa meal, Aloe meal, Basalt Rock Dust, Bio-Char (preloaded with microbes), Canna-Kashi, Calcitic Lime, Copper Powder, Dolomite Lime, Guano (seabird), Gypsum, Humic Acid, Fulvic Acid, Frass, Kelp Meal, Malted Barley, Manganese Oxide, Montmorillonite Clay, Soft Rock Phosphate & Zeolite.

Inoculant:

Cannabis Microbial Consortium.

Hi Bill, I am using a super soil it consists of the following...

Compost, Vermicompost, Coco peat, Sphagnum peat moss (sustainably harvested) and perlite.

Amendments:

Alfalfa meal, Aloe meal, Basalt Rock Dust, Bio-Char (preloaded with microbes), Canna-Kashi, Calcitic Lime, Copper Powder, Dolomite Lime, Guano (seabird), Gypsum, Humic Acid, Fulvic Acid, Frass, Kelp Meal, Malted Barley, Manganese Oxide, Montmorillonite Clay, Soft Rock Phosphate & Zeolite.

Inoculant:

Cannabis Microbial Consortium.
Lots of good stuff in there . So soil must have a dry period in between watering.
Bill

Lots of good stuff in there . So soil must have a dry period in between watering.
Bill
Ok great, I have changed the lighting as well as the timer back to original settings. Lets see what these beauties can produce, I am just glad that its adjustable issues, that can be sorted quickly. Thanks for all your help.

Ok great, I have changed the lighting as well as the timer back to original settings. Lets see what these beauties can produce, I am just glad that its adjustable issues, that can be sorted quickly. Thanks for all your help.
Check the tutorials watering blt methods in @Backlipslide signature
Also how to water a potted plant in @Emilya signature.
Read both those before you water again please.
Bill

Check the tutorials watering blt methods in @Backlipslide signature
Also how to water a potted plant in @Emilya signature.
Read both those before you water again please.
Bill
Thanks Bill, That was sound advice, I learnt a lot from those reads. I have been working on bad advice and thumb sucking most of the watering, this is only my second grow, but I really wanna take in as much info and understand it as possible, I think joining this forum was a good call, one step closer to that award winning bud. Thanks for your help Bill!

Thanks Bill, That was sound advice, I learnt a lot from those reads. I have been working on bad advice and thumb sucking most of the watering, this is only my second grow, but I really wanna take in as much info and understand it as possible, I think joining this forum was a good call, one step closer to that award winning bud. Thanks for your help Bill!
Did you look at the contests. You need to get 50 posts. Then you can enter your beautiful work. Check them out if you haven't. 420contests
Bill

Back
Top Bottom