Very nervous, 1st harvest: are my buds ready yet

For me, I'd wait longer before harvesting but then I prefer the trichomes to start showing some amber before chopping, I couldn't really see much amber, your's seem still to have a little way to go to get to that level. But if you like the clear/cloudy level then they're probably good now, it's all subjective.
Re foxtails, I could be wrong but I thought this term was when the bud top grew out 2 or more thin tops
Re Caterpillars; I noticed on one or two of your earlier pics some fine caterpillar silk strands between sugar leaves, either that or some early spider mites maybe. I use caterpillar BT spray for that, works pretty well once a week or so, it's a bacteria that causes them to not be able to digest so they starve to death, non toxic to us. Good luck.

For me, I'd wait longer before harvesting but then I prefer the trichomes to start showing some amber before chopping, I couldn't really see much amber, your's seem still to have a little way to go to get to that level. But if you like the clear/cloudy level then they're probably good now, it's all subjective.
Re foxtails, I could be wrong but I thought this term was when the bud top grew out 2 or more thin tops
Re Caterpillars; I noticed on one or two of your earlier pics some fine caterpillar silk strands between sugar leaves, either that or some early spider mites maybe. I use caterpillar BT spray for that, works pretty well once a week or so, it's a bacteria that causes them to not be able to digest so they starve to death, non toxic to us. Good luck.
Yes caterpillars gone now but did have issues earlier
As this is my first grow outdoors as a smoker for over 30 years so in your opinion what type of stoned is the current trichs and clycs

And when I check over the whole girl every day my fingers are so gooey they stick together and that's Only really touching the stem , she Gunna be a good drop I reckon

I just know I like the kick when there's something like 15% - 30% amber. I am in NZ where for year's there was no choice of strains to be ordering, it all came down to either good shit or bad shit. But I particularly enjoyed a great high when the bud I grew was somewhat drought stressed and allowed to mature until the amber was in the above range. Some folks like their trichs to be clear for example, they may feel it leaves them more energetic or some other quality. I value bud that gets me ripped. Altho in future I would certainly like to explore all these different strains that are possible now (if only you can successfully order them that is!). I really like the thought of a variety that I can choose from depending on what sort of buzz I want at that particular time. So far I've only grown bag seed, White Widow, Gorgonzola and a cross of the two, as well as a Gorilla Glue Auto that I am currently growing but haven't tested yet. I have 3 new strains to try out next season so looking forward to seeing how different they are, or if they still fall into the good shit/bad shit categories.:hookah:

I just know I like the kick when there's something like 15% - 30% amber. I am in NZ where for year's there was no choice of strains to be ordering, it all came down to either good shit or bad shit. But I particularly enjoyed a great high when the bud I grew was somewhat drought stressed and allowed to mature until the amber was in the above range. Some folks like their trichs to be clear for example, they may feel it leaves them more energetic or some other quality. I value bud that gets me ripped. Altho in future I would certainly like to explore all these different strains that are possible now (if only you can successfully order them that is!). I really like the thought of a variety that I can choose from depending on what sort of buzz I want at that particular time. So far I've only grown bag seed, White Widow, Gorgonzola and a cross of the two, as well as a Gorilla Glue Auto that I am currently growing but haven't tested yet. I have 3 new strains to try out next season so looking forward to seeing how different they are, or if they still fall into the good shit/bad shit categories.:hookah:
Yea I have 4 northern Lights autos on the go , only 3 Rd grow indoors 2 photos 1 auto this one.
I don't know what to expect yet but we wait and see
Thankyou for your worthy insight

The trichs are definately turning a beigy colour when I can get a good look across the tops with loupe

What is BT spray??
Ossie we use pyrythrum spray
Are they the same shit

Yates is in Aussie, they do one, but there are lots using BT, here's Yate's blurb.

Yates Nature’s Way Caterpillar Killer is based on Bacillus thuringiensis. Bacillus thuringiensis var. kurstaki affects the insect’s digestive system. The bacteria produce a toxic protein that paralyses the insect’s gut. Once a caterpillar eats treated foliage, it stops eating but may take up to 3-4 days to die and drop from the leaf.

Sure, you're seeing some amber around the ends of some of the older sugar leaves but from what I can see in your pics the trichs are still mostly cloudy. At this stage it should be good if harvested, when to chop is all down to your personal taste, for me I'd probably wait for up to a week but that's just me.

Mmmmm what to do
I actually said earlier in the season that I would chop on Easter Sunday haha tomorrow

Thanks for that bro
Sorry to be such an annoying @#$_
Here are pics as at this morning
In comparison to earlier pics in thread
If I chop now should be ok smoko he

Attachments

• IMG_20200413_094335.jpg
    IMG_20200413_094335.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20200413_094320.jpg
    IMG_20200413_094320.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200413_094234.jpg
    IMG_20200413_094234.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 34
Your pics are too indistinct to really make out the trichomes well. But to answer your question it looks like it should be good and give you a rewarding buzz if you chop now. Let us know how it goes. :bong:

Do I need to pull whole root system out Of pot and wash clean and dry as whole tree or just chop her up

Some folk cut off the colas and hang them up to dry until ready for jar curing. Some pull up the whole plant (wash out the roots) and hang it up for a slower dry. Some dry it in paper bags long and slow in the fridge. When I can't wait for a dry and cure (like currently) I prune off a lower popcorn bud or two and chop it up fine and leave it in a glass bowl over night, by the next day it is ready to be vaped. Or if you want it straight away then finely chop up some herb and hold it over a flame while in some tinfoil, or heater or toaster or oven, it will dry and smoke rough but it will get the fecking job done.

I think I'm just Gunna hang above grow tent between the top of lamp and top that's where the filter is

Back
Top Bottom