• Yeah, harvest right away!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, wait another week.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, wait more than one week.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Etzmishpat

Just wondering the forum consensus as to whether these buds are ready to harvest.

It’s about 7.5 weeks into flower.

Should I give it another week or two?

Any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• 4E005794-4276-4DEE-9E0F-06198F92661E.jpeg
    4E005794-4276-4DEE-9E0F-06198F92661E.jpeg
    819.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 7242954C-A10C-481D-AE68-DB248C81ECA5.jpeg
    7242954C-A10C-481D-AE68-DB248C81ECA5.jpeg
    941.4 KB · Views: 96
  • E4E06DF4-DDE9-4CBA-B03D-6FD9B21A5965.jpeg
    E4E06DF4-DDE9-4CBA-B03D-6FD9B21A5965.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • 78718AB5-1BD4-4E01-8881-08DA9A386CBF.jpeg
    78718AB5-1BD4-4E01-8881-08DA9A386CBF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
Do you have pictures of the trichomes? I've harvested and 7.5 weeks but not by choice. Usually if you let it go a bit longer it will bulk up. You would have to account for a "flush" also if you are still feeding it nutes.

When I say "flush" I mean just feeding plain water for 1-2 weeks.

Do you have pictures of the trichomes? I've harvested and 7.5 weeks but not by choice. Usually if you let it go a bit longer it will bulk up. You would have to account for a "flush" also if you are still feeding it nutes.

When I say "flush" I mean just feeding plain water for 1-2 weeks.

I can get a close up of the trichs for sure. I haven’t done the amber test yet but I do have a 50-1000x digital scope.

I’ve already harvested, dried and smoked over a zip from these plants over the last month (I know, I know!) and they’ve proven quite potent.

The trichs were all cloudy with zero amber two weeks ago when I checked last.

The buds, when dry, from two weeks back to a month back were definitely too airy to have been fully ripe.

Oh, also - no nutrients all all at any point in this grow.

100% organic soil and tap water only. not even PH’d water - just tap water all through.

Have you ever ran amber trichomes? Me personally I always harvest at full cloudy. Ok nice so that helps to save a few weeks. I've tried letting some go to amber but sometimes they will not change but the trichomes starts to "lean over" so I harvest before that.

Honestly you'll have to harvest some and see which stage you like best for her. She might bulk up more although she looks bulky. You can always try a double harvest if you have the time. Chop off the big colas and let some of the smaller nugs get light for a few weeks and see if they change color. See which is best.

Nothing wrong with trying it out before hand haha just keep in mind it will not be the same as later on during flower. So when you cut some down how did she respond? Did she stress and show nanners at all?

I like the double harvest idea and I’ll be doing that for sure.

The huge towers come down and then I have an even canopy again.

Really appreciate the advice, will put pics up when the towers come down.

Glad I could help. That's what I do when I have big colas or run a new strain and want to check. Also for popcorn nugs to bulk up. I look forward to seeing your pictures. Take care.

Nothing wrong with trying it out before hand haha just keep in mind it will not be the same as later on during flower. So when you cut some down how did she respond? Did she stress and show nanners at all?

These genetics are bullet-proof.

This is technically my second grow as my first one went all hermies. Lost the entire thing and started fresh.

No gender stress response from even a partial harvest on each plant. The main difference is no nutes for this grow.

I think it was the nutes that caused the hermies last time.

That sucks! sorry to hear that. I hate when that happens. You are doing the right thing deducing the possibilities hehe. I had some nanners my last grow. on some plants due to what I think was a light leak but we'll see this time. I also cut back on nutes just in case.

Before that my whole harvest was cut because monsoons season shut power off for over 12 hours and I didn't have my generator at the time. *always have a jenny ready* hehe

Back
Top Bottom