Very upset

ade25

is my plant for the chop??? found seeds bottom branches, and then yellow things out of the buds on maim cola, took out of grow thinkin the wosrt shook full of yellow powder is that pollen???? dont no, dont like

is my plant for the chop??? found seeds bottom branches, and then yellow things out of the buds on maim cola, took out of grow thinkin the wosrt shook full of yellow powder is that pollen???? dont no, dont like

Yer definitely not all is lost. I had 4 plants hermie on me and all the popcorn got seeded. The head buds are mostly seed free though and I got a bumper yield. I'd only worry if I saw seeds forming on your prize colas. Anyway, if you want to nuke those flowers and stop further seed production, you can get hormones for floral blooms that will stop male growth and encourage female growth. Such products as Reverse (I think its dutchmaster) and Budwise Blast.

Now, these hormone products are controversial, some countries have banned their use on food producing plants, others still use them. Your call, depending on your outlook, you probs wouldn't consider this stuff for an organic crop for instance. Then again, handy to have a can/bottle of this stuff around to save your yield if you feel it is necessary. And as with all chemicals etc, follow the advice on the can and limit/minimize your exposure to them. All reports I have found about these products say they will nuke your bananas with one application. So this stuff does work, and I do own a can of blast, although I haven't used it yet.

EDIT: I actually have used Budwise Blast for encouraging floral regrowth, I am watching a plant I harvested the top 2/3rds of and left the popcorn to mature start to throw out some new pistils. Not sure its been worth the extra week but we'll see if one more week does any good.

Thanks Kandahari, for the info i am going to look for reverse products and give it go, let me no how you got on with the extra week

When I discover balls on my plants, It's almost as bad as being kicked in my own:thedoubletake:At least it's not a total failure as it would be if you found balls early on:grinjoint:

I waited a few days and chopped ashamed to say. Honestly for floral regrowth I don't think its really worthwhile, but who am I to say? I chopped 2 thirds of the girl, threw what was left into shock and didn't wait very long to see the results. Totally unscientific test, I'd go so far to say not a test. I was only thinking about getting the room clear and the other cohabiting plant had matured.

But yer, for hermies, I believe this stuff and similar products work. You also have the added benefit of only hopefully having to use it sparingly and when needed (when you see balls) so any danger is minimised. Speaking of which, I smoked a bud that had been sprayed, about a week and a half later, no difference in taste , smell or stone. Can't say if it killed me a little more than any other smoke I have inhaled... some people will preach against the use of hormone products like this at all. They are banned in some countries for use on food crops, hence they pop up relabeled for floral crops which are presumed to be ornamental I guess. Use as little as you can get away with to err on the side of caution... and though some would advocate fixing the causes of the hermi-ing rather than using a band-aid solution like this, not everyone has perfect growing conditions or the power to change that situation. Not everyone has rock solid genetics to work with either.

Back
Top Bottom