Virgin grower

Im no expert but somone will give you sound adivce on a proper cure. All i think i know is.. Humid is not the best place to dry* weed.. Cool dark dry ish ... A closet is best. With a fan pointed at the floor. Closet door slightly opened.

It dried long enough for the leaves to get pretty crunchy. One week. Perhaps more then? And yes, it’s been in the jar just a few days. I’ll check back in a few weeks and make sure to burp it.

Attachments

• A45204F0-5A7B-4414-B8A5-F12E028BFAC9.jpeg
    A45204F0-5A7B-4414-B8A5-F12E028BFAC9.jpeg
    662.1 KB · Views: 67
  • F4B9B28D-73A6-473D-82F0-75D3BF105DC6.jpeg
    F4B9B28D-73A6-473D-82F0-75D3BF105DC6.jpeg
    629.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 6A3392DD-EBB7-4D22-BD8C-779AF962B97D.jpeg
    6A3392DD-EBB7-4D22-BD8C-779AF962B97D.jpeg
    554.3 KB · Views: 80
I cut a little off last week to do a test run of drying. Hung it in a cool, humid place. I put it in a jar to cure but man, It sure smells like hay. As it hung to dry the odor seemed pretty normal but in the jar it’s hay. It works well and I don’t get that flavor through a water bong. I don’t know if this is normal or not.

ok so it wasnt humid then if it dryed and smelled like hay, buy yourself a thermometer that measures humidity.
it probably wasnt half as humid as you thought

Im no expert but somone will give you sound adivce on a proper cure. All i think i know is.. Humid is not the best place to dry* weed.. Cool dark dry ish ... A closet is best. With a fan pointed at the floor. Closet door slightly opened.

thats some bad info too sorry lol

So I dried a bit in the kitchen cabinet, then put it in a sealed jar. Some where I read you have to be careful of mold. Phsss- yeah right! Not on my watch... as if...uhm...wait...what the hell is that white stuff on my bud?

Yep. Mold. With cigars it’s called “ bloom”. It’s not harmful but shouldn’t be encouraged. A little drying is best. I think I’ll try drying another sample in my humidor for a few weeks and see if that works. The plant is just about ready to harvest so I’ve been taking chunks to see what works for me.

So I dried a bit in the kitchen cabinet, then put it in a sealed jar. Some where I read you have to be careful of mold. Phsss- yeah right! Not on my watch... as if...uhm...wait...what the hell is that white stuff on my bud?

Yep. Mold. With cigars it’s called “ bloom”. It’s not harmful but shouldn’t be encouraged. A little drying is best. I think I’ll try drying another sample in my humidor for a few weeks and see if that works. The plant is just about ready to harvest so I’ve been taking chunks to see what works for me.

you want to hang it to around 65-70 % rh
but you want that initial dry to take about a week to week and a half, if possible.
if youre hanging in a tent thats probably the best bet actually.
after you get to that rh, you should be able to just put it in the jar and burp it for a month until it gets to 60% rh, after that you can keep it in the jar as long as you want
at any point if the rh of the buds goes below 60% quickly youre locked into whatever chlorlphyl is still in the bud.
during the whole time you are drying the plant is still alive feeding off the chlorophyl.

does that sound about right?

you want to hang it to around 65-70 % rh
but you want that initial dry to take about a week to week and a half, if possible.
if youre hanging in a tent thats probably the best bet actually.
after you get to that rh, you should be able to just put it in the jar and burp it for a month until it gets to 60% rh, after that you can keep it in the jar as long as you want
at any point if the rh of the buds goes below 60% quickly youre locked into whatever chlorlphyl is still in the bud.
during the whole time you are drying the plant is still alive feeding off the chlorophyl.

does that sound about right?
That I can do. My humidor can maintain 65%+ rh so I’ll try that on a sample. Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

That I can do. My humidor can maintain 65%+ rh so I’ll try that on a sample. Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.
yeah thats what you want, if thats the case youre main issue is not drying too fast on the initial hang. if you put it in there too soon it will mold as well, fyi though

Back
Top Bottom