Virgin grower

MBR

420 Member
I just got a few seeds of Blue Cookie, got them germinated, and planted in a small pot. Week number 2. They are growing well but seem to be really spindly and tall so that they bend and lay in the soil. I propped them up so the leaves don't rot. Is this normal to have a 3 to 4 inch long stem with just a tiny leaf bud at the end?

I just got a few seeds of Blue Cookie, got them germinated, and planted in a small pot. Week number 2. They are growing well but seem to be really spindly and tall so that they bend and lay in the soil. I propped them up so the leaves don't rot. Is this normal to have a 3 to 4 inch long stem with just a tiny leaf bud at the end?
Pics or it never happened!!!!

I'd say yet lights to far away and they are reaching for it

What light?

IMG_0063.JPG
Well poop. You are probably right. This was just a starter pot with transfer in mind of course. Looks like I need to beef up the sunken soil.

I put them out in direct sunlight three or four hours a day then window sill the rest of the time. Is that bad? I literally don't know jack-squat about growing this stuff and the thread list is overwhelming. I'm sure there is some FAQ I missed but this is way faster to just ask an expert.

Six seeds in a ramen bowl....:confused:

1) Buy a big bag of decent soil (Fox Farm is an common brand.)
2) Distribute it equally amongst 6 pots.
3) Transplant 1x seed in each pot.
4) Keep in indirect light for 2 weeks.
5) Water lightly, mist as needed.
6) In 2 weeks move them into direct sunlight.

2 and 1/2 months of growth, 3 hrs of direct sunlight, all day indirect sunlight, watered with rainwater. What’s taking so long?

Attachments

• E3EF1E3F-D105-44DD-B46D-42F2B73F0214.jpeg
    E3EF1E3F-D105-44DD-B46D-42F2B73F0214.jpeg
    732.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 1539461644013.jpeg
    1539461644013.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 84
for starters your pot looks super small. they grow to the size of the root ball. small pot small plant. also no idea what text you linked as it is just a thumbnail and can't be read, but no matter.

what soil, what nutes, what ph ?

Light? It stays outside all day (12 hrs) and gets at least 3 hours of direct sunlight. More light?

Back
Top Bottom