Wandering Away With A DWC Of Mephisto Genetic's Fugue State

One seed has sprouted.

Others may have but I don't want to poke around in the sponges to find out. This time I am using complete intact sponges rather than splitting them in half and holding the halves together with a tie.

I have opened the bag to let light in and moisture out.

20200129_165912 (1).jpg

Stuck them under a 90w quantum board on lowest setting. Still in the plastic box and bag but both open. Sitting on the seedling heat mat.

Temp is a potential issue as it is winter here and I don't centrally heat my house.

I want the sponges to dry a bit.

I am moving house in a day so I plan to set up my grow tent with a DWC tank etc then pop the seedlings into their final position in that tent where I can regulate the environment with heater, fans, humidifier etc..

So after another 2 weeks my plants have barely grown more in height but have added some tiny leaves.

As I have been moving house they have been neglected for most of the last 2 weeks.

After opening up the Rootit sponges, it seems both seedlings have had difficulty pushing roots through the sponge into the dwc tank.

So I have split the sponges released the roots and made sure they now reach the water...

It will be interesting to see how they get on now and whether they can catch up and flower anything worthwhile.

All my other grows I have split the Rootit sponges and it seems leaving them intact this grow has been a major issue when coupled with infrequent top feeding...

In anticipation that they wont grow enough, I am going to pop a couple more seeds and try grow these new seedlings alongside the stunted ones..

When i done my dwc i waited for the roots to fill the rockwool cube before i planted into the bucket. If you can Get a good root ball first then put back into the dwc bucket. It should grow a lot better

Just closing this off.

Plant grew stunted and ended up going fully cycle but harvested at something like 20cms tall ! Gor some smoke out of it!

For me seems to be an ongoing challenge to get Mephisto Autos going. It may be I am using too strong nutes or I didnt get decent enough air flow going in the tent.

Will try again with this brand next year as I know it is my fault !

Back
Top Bottom