Watered with non pH'd water

So i alway ph to 6.5. Today i drew water from the wrong bucket, it was ph’d to at least 7.7 it was chlorine free though
Interestingly enough its the first time my soil was 6.5 after watering, its always low 5.6-6.0
Your thoughts. PS Im using 5gallon pots, theres at least a gallon of water in each pot as we speak…

The only reason we adjust pH is so that our nutes from a bottle can be fully activated and available to the plants. Some of the nutrients in the bottle are chelated, or wrapped up in a salt shell that only will dissolve when it is put into the solution with pH in the proper range.

If you don't adjust pH, most of the nutes will still be available, but typically 4 vital nutrients will be locked up and invisible to your plants until the buffers in the soil can adjust the pH of your fluids into the range. One time wont hurt anything, but if you did this consistently, you would see the negative effects.

Further suggestions... adjust your pH to 6.3 pH. This is the bottom of the range and by adjusting to the middle, you miss on nutrients most available from 6.3-6.5 pH. Also, coming in low gives you a little more time of bioavailability to your nutes since they will start drifting upward from the moment you apply.

Unless you are growing organically, chlorine will not hurt your plants, and actually is one of the 19 elements that your plants need. If you feed from a bottle, there is absolutely no need to remove chlorine.

The only reason we adjust pH is so that our nutes from a bottle can be fully activated and available to the plants. Some of the nutrients in the bottle are chelated, or wrapped up in a salt shell that only will dissolve when it is put into the solution with pH in the proper range.

If you don't adjust pH, most of the nutes will still be available, but typically 4 vital nutrients will be locked up and invisible to your plants until the buffers in the soil can adjust the pH of your fluids into the range. One time wont hurt anything, but if you did this consistently, you would see the negative effects.

Further suggestions... adjust your pH to 6.3 pH. This is the bottom of the range and by adjusting to the middle, you miss on nutrients most available from 6.3-6.5 pH. Also, coming in low gives you a little more time of bioavailability to your nutes since they will start drifting upward from the moment you apply.

Unless you are growing organically, chlorine will not hurt your plants, and actually is one of the 19 elements that your plants need. If you feed from a bottle, there is absolutely no need to remove chlorine.
It a dry amendment organic soil grow, they are in their third week of flower

Then pH probably isnt even a factor. An organic grow doesnt care about the pH as long as it is between 4-9 on your incoming fluids, and I can't imagine why you think you need to monitor the pH of your soil.
Because a paid a lot for the ph soil tester Lol, thats why i checked it Lol again.

I guess i never research soil grows with organic dry amendments and the faq’s

Back
Top Bottom