Watering frequency

hurr

I have 3 plants, B.C. Big Bud and OG Kush in flower for 4 months. Some how the light timer got bumped and was turning the 600 W HPS and 6 48" flur on for a period of time during the 12 hour dark time. So the girls have been in veg for 4 months and have used up the grow medium. I must water them every day and now I must leave them for a week and I have no one to water them so?
Question: Will re-potting them into larger container adding more grow medium to try to hold the water longer between watterings cause them any more problems in flower?

Thanks for any input.
hurr

My current grow has been in 5 gallon pots since early in veg and I was able to water up to 10 days apart during flowering. Based on my two grows it seems like a mature cannabis plant can easily survive around 2 days per gallon of pot capacity assuming it is has been fully watered.

First don't stress the 24 hours of light, wont hurt a thing, even in flower if only for 1 day.

If they are vegging and healthy by all means carefully transplant.

Watering while you are away....If you don't have anyone to look after them you can use one of those glass globes walmart sells. you fill it with water and stick it in the soil. As the soil dries it wicks fluid from the globe. Don't recall the technical name for them but they are cheap and will get you through! Also a plant will consume less water in a humid environment. What kind of RH is your room?

Another off topic thingy, you can buy crystal soil you soak the balls in water for 24 hrs they contain nutrients or you can add your own nutrients into the soak and u can use them on your own or mix them into soil they in absorb slowly so the plant only takes in what it needs. Then u just rehydrate them. Just a thought. :)

RH in the bloom room runs from about 48 - 56%. I will be away from the girls for a week so by repotting and adding more grow medium and after a good soaking that they can get by that long.

Back
Top Bottom