Watering more or more often in flower?

There is that. The root issue is one important thing I take into consideration with my clones since those do not have the tap root to help anchor the plant. And no tap root does seem to create a few complications when the heavy buds make the whole plant sway about 3 weeks before harvest.
This just tells me that the roots were not sufficiently developed. Even in a clone, the roots eventually have to specialize. Several roots will turn into feeder roots, and the very first root to develop will tap the bottom if given a chance. There is no reason that a clone will not have a fully functioning set of roots which included tap, feeder and spreader roots.

This just tells me that the roots were not sufficiently developed. Even in a clone, the roots eventually have to specialize. Several roots will turn into feeder roots, and the very first root to develop will tap the bottom if given a chance. There is no reason that a clone will not have a fully functioning set of roots which included tap, feeder and spreader roots.
Roots everywhere but nothing that can be called tap roots. I have put over 160 clones into flowering and have harvested just over 150 of them. Never seen anything that looks like a tap root or multiple tap roots. Admit that most of the time I leave the root ball in the pot of soil for a month or two to decompose and return to whence it came but when I have pulled the mess early there are no tap roots.

Doing a google search I have only found links that say a Marijuana clone will not have tap roots. It can be someone's blog, another message boards, Marijuana gardening sites etc. are all saying no tap roots. Found a reference to Ed Rosenthal and his research and he says no tap roots on a clone. It looks like any clone, no matter what kind of plant, only forms the lateral or side roots from the stem. And forms lots of them, maybe more than a plant grown from seed.

I have had clones sitting in a pot for 6 months waiting for room in the flowering cabinet or tent and when it is all said and done after harvest there is nothing a person could call tap roots. Plenty, more than plenty, of finer thin roots. Pull one of the plants out of a pot in order to transplant and the sides of the root ball can be solid with fine roots but nothing that can be considered a tap root to be seen.

Pulled what was left of a harvested plant out and took photos but either the camera, computer or card is acting up and not connecting. It will not connect with the card ports on the computer or jumping with the port on the camera to a USB port, or with an accessory card reader. But I can take more photos and check them out while the card is in the camera. I can take some photos of the root mass on a clone that is waiting for its turn in the flowering tent so we can see what the sides look like. But first I have to figure out the bridging back and forth from computer to camera and/or card. Technology, what a pain.

Hey fuzzy love the Air pot, especially since you assembled it perfectly. :thumb:
Just curious you vac that water out after you finish watering right? :Namaste:
Hope your doing well my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

lol those old air pots are like Chinese puzzles & some recent rumblings of root systems :)

How ever, I do let them sit in the saucer dish / drip tray etc in till evaporated which is about less than 24 hours or cycle of light timing... it is not problem in the short term !

With regards in an open discussion about root mass with some designs to encourage air root pruning where as enclosed pots may cause root balling this is an open debate over all VS indoor & out door growing but some environmental conditions may prefer one pot over the other :green_heart:

lol those old air pots are like Chinese puzzles & some recent rumblings of root systems :)

How ever, I do let them sit in the saucer dish / drip tray etc in till evaporated which is about less than 24 hours or cycle of light timing... it is not problem in the short term !

With regards in an open discussion about root mass with some designs to encourage air root pruning where as enclosed pots may cause root balling this is an open debate over all VS indoor & out door growing but some environmental conditions may prefer one pot over the other :green_heart:
Grab oil change pans from the dollar store.
Put a grill across, set pots on that.
Then let it evaporate.
Better for your girl if the roots get into that sludge. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

There is no reason that a clone will not have a fully functioning set of roots which included tap, feeder and spreader roots.
A couple of hard re-boots and the technical snafu is taken care of. A photo of one of my clones pulled while the roots were still de-composing and no tap root system showing. Plenty of feeder roots. If I had been able to pull the entire roots system without any of it breaking off there would be a lot more. As it is, the rest of them are all around the edges and bottom of the pot.

no-tap-root.jpg

For the fun of it, I looked through some of the results of a google search and came across this. The article is from a North Carolina business that supplies plants, mostly clones from cuttings if I am reading their history right, for the nursery resale businesses. One of the things they grow are hemp clones, about as close to growing Marijuana clones as they can get in a restrictive state like NC.

Complete with pictures and an explanation of what they are trying to show us about plants from seeds vs from cuttings.

https://ncfarmsinc.com/articles/root-comparison-seedlings-vs-clones/

A couple of hard re-boots and the technical snafu is taken care of. A photo of one of my clones pulled while the roots were still de-composing and no tap root system showing. Plenty of feeder roots. If I had been able to pull the entire roots system without any of it breaking off there would be a lot more. As it is, the rest of them are all around the edges and bottom of the pot.

no-tap-root.jpg

For the fun of it, I looked through some of the results of a google search and came across this. The article is from a North Carolina business that supplies plants, mostly clones from cuttings if I am reading their history right, for the nursery resale businesses. One of the things they grow are hemp clones, about as close to growing Marijuana clones as they can get in a restrictive state like NC.

Complete with pictures and an explanation of what they are trying to show us about plants from seeds vs from cuttings.

You win this round chicken wing!!

no-tap-root.jpg

That was quite interesting.
Got a few screen shots.
I ran strictly clones for years.
Always had terrific root structure.
I'm sure we are assuming this is transferable hemp to pot. ;)
Thanks, hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom