Watt is light

Savvage61

quick question that I have not been able to get a answer ok. Im a noob to INDOOR growing being a child of the 60s/70s I am no noob to weed. but it is nice to be 61 yrs old and be a noob at anything. I am working on my 3rd harvest and I made a lot of mistakes (what most call mistakes I call a learning lesson) any way all my grows produced really good pot. but there is a lot of room for improvement. ok to the question

I have 2 1000w led lights 145 true watts per light along with a 2000W bestva led 275 true wattages so my question is in the area that all 3 lights give coverage directly on the plants is it now putting out 420 watts of light? I understand there are a lot of variable like distance grow stage ect
(btw 420 watts is what it came out too ,I researched all the true wattage of each light 420 is like a OMEN! ) lol
Thanks for any help in advance

Rule of thumb is 50 (true) watts per square foot.
Too many companies falsely advertise their output based on the number of diodes vs how much power is consumed. Just because they put 100 x ten watt diodes in a fixture doesn't make it a 1000 watt light if they have a 250 watt driver powering them.
I recommend picking up a device called a kill a watt ($15 at hardware store) that tells you in real time how much power is being consumed. Also helpful for figuring out how many amps are being drawn as well.

quick question that I have not been able to get a answer ok. Im a noob to INDOOR growing being a child of the 60s/70s I am no noob to weed. but it is nice to be 61 yrs old and be a noob at anything. I am working on my 3rd harvest and I made a lot of mistakes (what most call mistakes I call a learning lesson) any way all my grows produced really good pot. but there is a lot of room for improvement. ok to the question

I have 2 1000w led lights 145 true watts per light along with a 2000W bestva led 275 true wattages so my question is in the area that all 3 lights give coverage directly on the plants is it now putting out 420 watts of light? I understand there are a lot of variable like distance grow stage ect
(btw 420 watts is what it came out too ,I researched all the true wattage of each light 420 is like a OMEN! ) lol
Thanks for any help in advance
Good question I would also like to know.... so like would the lights over lapping boost the reading . Like down below at a far point being 222 and the other being 708 (I am aware they are different heights....photos just for reference) would they add together or would the higher light just drown out the lower number?

And that's a good omen to have gotten.:cool:

images.png

3_1e1dcbee-f563-4f76-a85e-e30056aafd80_480x480.png

Back
Top Bottom