Wee spiders

Gman

quick questions bout those little buggers.
Can spider mites be easily viewed with the naked eye?
Do they make webs at the tops of the branches in between the leaves?
The reason i'm asking is because in the last week there are lots of webs and lots of little spiders.they are as big as this dot >>> . only brown
My camera can't take a reasonable pic of them.

easily viewed?? once you know what you are looking for, they are easy to spot i guess. yes that dot would probably be comparible. if you are seeing webs between leaves, you have got an infestation going that needs to be taken care of asap. hopefully you are still vegging your plants as most options on killing the mites will also kill the pistils. so you are good up to the two week into flowering mark when the pistils first appear. i have been having good luck with safers end all 2 insecticide. mix and spray at half the recommended strength on bottle. add a teaspoon of dish soap as a wetting agent. repeat every 3 days for two weeks.
i really dont know if you ever get rid of all of them, and become mite free. i think you only can keep them under control. they are bastards to get rid of. peace and good luck

Hmm. Sounds to me like these might be spider mites, but it also might be little spiders.

So, let's talk about what to do with the spider mites if that's what they are:

The first step toward getting rid of spider mites is to isolate the plants, but keep the infested plants clustered. Isolating your plants will reduce the risk of spider mite migration.

Spider mites are quite adept at riding air currents to and from the plants they wish to feed on. Keeping your plants in clusters will help retain moisture by reducing airflow between the plants.

Retaining humidity and moisture is a good way to get rid of spider mites.This can be accomplished in several ways. If you're tending potted plants, keeping your pots over a platter of water will help keep immediate moisture levels up.

It has been suggested that spraying plants with a 1:1 mixture of alcohol and water will kill spider mites on contact. Rubbing alcohol, like any alcohol for any creature, is poisonous in high dosages, and it evaporates quickly doing little damage to the plant it's been sprayed on. Some people suggest a 1:3 mixture of rubbing alcohol to water, but the strong the mixture, the more certain you are to get as many mites as possible. Make sure to cover the entire plant, focusing on the bottoms of the leaves where spider mites tend to hang out.

Neem oil spray has also been seen to be helpful. Just add some to water spray bottle to spread directly on the plants if you want a more natural solution.

If all else fails, miticides are, of course, one of the most effective forms of spider mite treatments and the fastest way to get rid of spider mites–usually. It all depends on the kind of miticide that you choose.

good luck man

rubbing alcohol you say.hmm.I have done 2 sprayings with 1 teaspoon each of dish soap/cooking oil per quart of water.so next i will try the rubbing alcohol mixer.If all else fails it's off to the store for chemical solution. week 2 of 12/12 so a hasty solution is in order.Thanx again for info.

SNS-217C™ Concentrate Spider Mite Control is made up of 100% pure Rosemary botanical extracts. The botanicals are all food grade GRAS (generally recognized as safe) materials.

Back
Top Bottom