What additives should I use

But do you grow organic? And what do you use

None of the primary or trace (a.k.a. "micro") plant nutrients are organic (that is, chemicals with carbon backbones). They are mineral salts. Whether those salts come from a bottle or the back end of a chicken is not a matter of importance to me.

I do "grow organic" in the sense that I don't add anything like esters, or B vitamins (and of course certainly no insecticides, pesticides, fungicides or any other cidal agent).

To answer the question, I use General Hydroponics three-bottle FloraSeries nutrients plus their CALiMAGic calcium and magnesium supplement because the water here is essentially mineral-free, and experience has show that I need to supplement calcium. For hydroponics, I also add HydroGuard beneficial bacteria to the reservoir because they have been proven to help prevent root rot. That's it! (OK, I did mix some molasses into my flush water last time just for funsies. As far as I can tell, it didn't do anything.)

Maybe some of the expen$ive magic goodness in the bottles with the oh-so-cool graphics of women with big boobs and skulls and other imagery calculated to appeal to the predominantly young male target purchasing demographic actually do some good, but I would need to see controlled, scientific studies that prove that, for example, extra silica is going to boost my crop.

I have worked in corporate marketing departments (well, at the edges of them) and have seen all the time, talent, money, and energy that company's put into "magnifying the mania," putting the sizzle in the steak, etc. All that matters is getting the maximum amount of money out of your pocket and onto the company's bottom line. A very healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing in dealing with that. Don't be the silly stoner who drops several hundred dollars of two dozen bottles of magic. (Stepping off my soap box now...)

None of the primary or trace (a.k.a. "micro") plant nutrients are organic (that is, chemicals with carbon backbones). They are mineral salts. Whether those salts come from a bottle or the back end of a chicken is not a matter of importance to me.

I do "grow organic" in the sense that I don't add anything like esters, or B vitamins (and of course certainly no insecticides, pesticides, fungicides or any other cidal agent).

To answer the question, I use General Hydroponics three-bottle FloraSeries nutrients plus their CALiMAGic calcium and magnesium supplement because the water here is essentially mineral-free, and experience has show that I need to supplement calcium. For hydroponics, I also add HydroGuard beneficial bacteria to the reservoir because they have been proven to help prevent root rot. That's it! (OK, I did mix some molasses into my flush water last time just for funsies. As far as I can tell, it didn't do anything.)

Maybe some of the expen$ive magic goodness in the bottles with the oh-so-cool graphics of women with big boobs and skulls and other imagery calculated to appeal to the predominantly young male target purchasing demographic actually do some good, but I would need to see controlled, scientific studies that prove that, for example, extra silica is going to boost my crop.

I have worked in corporate marketing departments (well, at the edges of them) and have seen all the time, talent, money, and energy that company's put into "magnifying the mania," putting the sizzle in the steak, etc. All that matters is getting the maximum amount of money out of your pocket and onto the company's bottom line. A very healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing in dealing with that. Don't be the silly stoner who drops several hundred dollars of two dozen bottles of magic. (Stepping off my soap box now...)
My goal in additives is like the micro in you three part GH nutes
Canna has an a and B but I want to add in a nute to give me a wider spectrum of ingredients to make deficiency's less likely not try to boost my crop

My goal in additives is like the micro in you three part GH nutes
Canna has an a and B but I want to add in a nute to give me a wider spectrum of ingredients to make deficiency's less likely not try to boost my crop

Canna A and B is going to have the same micro nutrients as GH FloraSeries, just in 2 bottles instead of 3.

No fertilizer company is going to stay in business let alone be successful if their main product doesn't do the job by itself.

(They confuse things, of course, by selling tons of extra bottles, but Canna A and B will do the job.)

I use Advanced nutrients Sensi ph perfect, voodoo juice and B52. I had problems with ph and someone on here recommended A/N and my plants are now doing really well. I agree with previous poster Scientific, grow and bloom nutes should contain everything your plants need for that stage in their lives, possibly needing cal/mag if growing in coco or under LEDs. I only got the other stuff as it was on offer and I thought I'd give it a shot, I wouldn't have paid full price for all of it.

I use Advanced nutrients Sensi ph perfect, voodoo juice and B52. I had problems with ph and someone on here recommended A/N and my plants are now doing really well.

Thanks for the info, Chippers. You are yet another satified Perfect pH customer. I think I am going to have to try them for my next hydro grow.

By the way, the folks at Advanced Nutrients told me that if I use their Perfect pH products, there should be no need for a Ca/Mg supplement--that they only sell their Ca/Mg supplement for people who aren't using their Perfect line.

Voodoo Juice, if I remember correctly, is a bacillus culture like HydroGuard, which I and others have had very good results with in hydro. I'm still not sold on the B vitamins... ;)

I recommend them, I'm using 1.5ml Sensi a and b grow, 1ml Voodoo and 1ml B52 per litre. As I'm growing autos I'm worried about over doing it with the nutes, but they seem to be really enjoying the strength so far. I don't use cal/mag with ph perfect as I've found my plants are fine and aren't needing it.

Thanks for the info, Chippers. You are yet another satified Perfect pH customer. I think I am going to have to try them for my next hydro grow.

By the way, the folks at Advanced Nutrients told me that if I use their Perfect pH products, there should be no need for a Ca/Mg supplement--that they only sell their Ca/Mg supplement for people who aren't using their Perfect line.

Voodoo Juice, if I remember correctly, is a bacillus culture like HydroGuard, which I and others have had very good results with in hydro. I'm still not sold on the B vitamins... ;)
So I at the hydro store today and as about organic grow and he said none botanicare line was organic the fertilizer is synthetics but that didn't stop me from buying the pure blend tea he was trying to sell me something organic for Coco but they only carry it by the gallon so

So I at the hydro store today and as about organic grow and he said none botanicare line was organic the fertilizer is synthetics but that didn't stop me from buying the pure blend tea he was trying to sell me something organic for Coco but they only carry it by the gallon so

From what I've read here at 420, advice from "the guy at the grow store" can be a crap shoot. (And I remember my own time in retail when manufacturers gave bonuses for recommending their products...)

From what I've read here at 420, advice from "the guy at the grow store" can be a crap shoot. (And I remember my own time in retail when manufacturers gave bonuses for recommending their products...)
Yah got everything I need. I have to promise myself only $100 get what you need and leave my first time in a hydro store I spent like $600 and killed half my crop following the instructions on the bottle now that sucked

I use all Botanicare products and with what you're looking at I suggest you look into the liquid Karma and the pure blend tea these work great made with bat guano compost and others natural products in these products hope this helps let me know if you need any help or information on Botanicare products I can surely help you in that department
So I got the pure blend tea do you use full or half dose

I would add 3 milliliters to a gallon of water plus your regular nutrients for watering for foliage feeding I would use 2 milliliters per gallon and spray the leaves twice a day this helps clones and seedlings help feed their self until their Roots can actually do it for them

I would add 3 milliliters to a gallon of water plus your regular nutrients for watering for foliage feeding I would use 2 milliliters per gallon and spray the leaves twice a day this helps clones and seedlings help feed their self until their Roots can actually do it for them
What about bloom

Because it is very low nitrogen it can be used all the way through bloom the only thing is once you start flowering don't use it as a foliar spray because it can create mold

Yes the majority of it is organic ingredients there is only two ingredients maybe one that I can think of that is not organic to the plants what is derived from plants humic acid derived from Leonardite one but is beneficial to the plant

Back
Top Bottom