What am I smoking?

High Cyrus

Ok I am from the United States and here... weed is something kept hush hush of course. Ok, so you get some extra cash and score a dub. (Or whatever). I then have a plain bag containing marijuana. Well how do I tell what kind it is? I'm not ashamed to say it, I dont have a CLUE.

Read up on strains, but don't expect to be able to pick out a random bud and decide it's strain. Unless it's straight from the grower, and he specifically bought a certain strain of seed, it's a complete guess as to what bud is what.

Get a really good camera and take some pictures of it and some people in here might be able to give you some insight.

Or like Scotty said read up on strains... then you'll be all set.

You should be able to tell a lot just by what you paid for it. How much did you pay and how much did you buy?

4g sack for $20? Where do you live? In los angeles that's the price for mids. Not really worth going through the trouble of figuring out a mid strain. :)

Its practicaly impossible to tell the strain, and honestly, strain isnt too important when you are just scoring to get high for the sake of feeling high. Species is more important, and very easy to tell. If the leaves are long and thin, almost daggerlike, it is most likely a SATIVA weed. THis means the effects are very heady and stoney. If the leaves are short and fat, almost like a maple leaf, then the strain is Indica. Indica tends to be a much moer body like high, and energizes the mind. Of couse, there aer hybrids that share both strains features, so you wont be able to tell 100% either way, until you smoke it. if the effects are strong on your body and you feel jazzed, its probably a strong indica...but if you feel the indica affects as well as some slight headiness and mind wandering, it might have a dash of sativa in it as well.
Hope this helped.
-PM

smoke it, if you crash and burn and get tired its indica, if your mind keeps racing and coming up with crazy thoughts and you just feel like going out for a walk or something is sativa. if you like it it's worth the money, regardless. I'll pay good money for a great sativa regardless of the strain..

High Cyrus said:
Ok I am from the United States and here... weed is something kept hush hush of course. Ok, so you get some extra cash and score a dub. (Or whatever). I then have a plain bag containing marijuana. Well how do I tell what kind it is? I'm not ashamed to say it, I dont have a CLUE.
You can never really know unless you grow it yourself, and even then, you have to be confident on the honesty of your seed bank.

lysol said:
smoke it, if you crash and burn and get tired its indica, if your mind keeps racing and coming up with crazy thoughts and you just feel like going out for a walk or something is sativa. if you like it it's worth the money, regardless. I'll pay good money for a great sativa regardless of the strain..

According to this it is more like sativa.

COol beans,. Sativa tends to be stringier, thinner and longer buds. Indica tends to be fatter, rounder buds. Generaly speaking of course. I can usualy eyeball a bag of weed and, assuming its not a crazy hybrid, tell if it is either Indica, or Sativa dominant.
Along the same lines, Sativa plants tend to grow really tall and thin, and sativa plants tend to grow smaller and wider.
-PM

Back
Top Bottom