What COBS can I replace Citizen1212 with?

it doesnt help bro. There have been studies that prove you get better penetration without the reflectors. Overall spread is increased like 8% or so i think it was, without the reflectors. If you have like 4 cobs, and 4 tiny plants, like post germination, and want to direct the light more on them without the heat, thats fine, but overall, not worth it. I have them, but dont use them myself.
Ok ok so you mean no lens, no reflectors just straight cobs?

Luminus CXM22 Gen4 3000K 90 CRI​

CXM22 gen 4 is a nominal 50V COB which can operate up to a maximum of 3500 mA (approximately 198W). Best efficiency is seen below 75W with this chip. This chip offers superior efficiency to a CXB3590 and Citizen 1818 of the same color temperature. CXM22 Gen4 are approximately 6-8% more efficient than Gen3 at same wattage

These cobs are awesome, $20 a pop, for 3000K or 3500K 90cri, like $16 for 4000k 80cri
Aye cheers brudduh thanks for this

Hey bud. Done some searching on digi-key this morning. Personally for price and efficiency I would look at the Bridgelux veros. Two model numbers below worth looking at. The bottom one is the Gen 8 and I haven't found a max current for it yet but test figures well above the 1400mA your driver will put out. So that's not a worry.
BXRC-30G4000-C-73-SE $39.56 For 4 chips.
BXRC-30G4000-D-83 $52.44 For 4 chips.

They're both 3000K 90CRI

Out of curiosity, have you tested the power draw of the light yourself? I looked at a couple of citizen chips and the max draw I got was about 200W in my calcs. The Citizen chips I looked at are like 3x the cost of the Bridgelux for similar performance. Most of the Cree ones I saw were obsolete.
I have not tested them but I do have a nice fluke meter so when I get home on the 5th I could definately check it out

From the info given I'd guess what's fitted are the citizen CLU048-1212C4-303H7K4. Run at slightly higher than nominal current would give 60W per chip. Is it the 3000K model you got? Without knowing what type of driver it is and what it's kicking out it's hard to safely recommend an alternative.
Also I had them put in 2 x 4000k and 2x 3000 alternated just to create a slight broader spectrum. But I dont care about high Kelvin to be honest. I'll grow 2700 to 4500 Idgaf. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ok ok so you mean no lens, no reflectors just straight cobs?
right on Man, just cobs. They are cheap tho, so if you want them, just to have. like i said, early seedlings with reflectors is ok, because the focus points. a tent with SOG, or a trellis, best without.

I will gladly assist in your rebuild. It really is simple. You have some good help already but hit me up, if need be. I've built a bunch of different builds. DIY all the way, always upgradeable! Peace!!

Back
Top Bottom