What COBS can I replace Citizen1212 with?

I have these lights from
Hortibloom - Luma b4

Their COB led bars. 4 chips per. Citizen 1212
The bars are 240 watt power draw.
It just says UL driver.
They have heatsink and fans on each cob

Their about to be a couple years old so wanted to switch the out with some cree or veros or some sort of equivalent with same amps and watts and all that jazz but dont know much in that department.
Cheers
Mack

Do you know which CLU number they are? Can find more specs then to find an equivelant rather than guessing. Are there any details on the driver too?
Eiiii cheers brudduh I sent them a message to ask them exactly what type of driver they use. Hopefully hear back soon.
Thanks for looking out

From the info given I'd guess what's fitted are the citizen CLU048-1212C4-303H7K4. Run at slightly higher than nominal current would give 60W per chip. Is it the 3000K model you got? Without knowing what type of driver it is and what it's kicking out it's hard to safely recommend an alternative.

I'm guessing it's in use right now so you can't remove the cover to take a look. Once you know the driver details it should be fairly straight forward. Should know then if they're wired in series or parallel too. Another thing to keep in mind will be the COB holders and lenses. Not sure they're universal fitment. Can change them if needed but it's more work and more cost.

From the info given I'd guess what's fitted are the citizen CLU048-1212C4-303H7K4. Run at slightly higher than nominal current would give 60W per chip. Is it the 3000K model you got? Without knowing what type of driver it is and what it's kicking out it's hard to safely recommend an alternative.
No worries brother I appreciate the help. I will definatelty keep you posted. I'm at work for a few more weeks but will open one up when I get home.

No worries. Got me sat pricing up bits to build a COB light now :laugh:
:d thats awsome.
I asked the horribloom rep what driver they use on the 240 watt fixture and she only said Meanwell. So thats a start but ive asked her for the model number or a picture of the driver.
The lights are great. They grow good weed. Nice compact buds. But they have these 120 degree glass lenses on them. I'd like to replace them like you mentioned with those aluminum or white cones for better light penetration. I think that alone would drastically change the output. I'm going to be using 3 of these (720 watts at the wall with 12 cobs) in a 3.5 x 3.5 tent. Just to really do some research on COB lighting on plants. I've seen some amazing stuff and am at the point where I want to figure it out for myself.

I got the bars on sale a few years ago for 220cdn a peice and since they have heatsinks and internal fans their already great fixture a bit of tweaking and I could really have something here

Sweet. Yeah if you can get the model number you'll be golden. Hmmm I wonder if that lens does much as the chips have a 120 angle anyway. I found a site that does reflectors for COB's so if you struggle to find something I'll try and dig it up again. Google LED gardener DIY COB build. Loads of good info there. I should've done a more detailed write up on my light build really but will put in more effort next time I do one.

Cool. Well now we know the voltage output range, the type and the current output range. Makes matching COBS up much easier. Should get some time at work tomorrow to look at some options and do some calculations.

Hey bud. Done some searching on digi-key this morning. Personally for price and efficiency I would look at the Bridgelux veros. Two model numbers below worth looking at. The bottom one is the Gen 8 and I haven't found a max current for it yet but test figures well above the 1400mA your driver will put out. So that's not a worry.
BXRC-30G4000-C-73-SE $39.56 For 4 chips.
BXRC-30G4000-D-83 $52.44 For 4 chips.

They're both 3000K 90CRI

Out of curiosity, have you tested the power draw of the light yourself? I looked at a couple of citizen chips and the max draw I got was about 200W in my calcs. The Citizen chips I looked at are like 3x the cost of the Bridgelux for similar performance. Most of the Cree ones I saw were obsolete.

. I'd like to replace them like you mentioned with those aluminum or white cones for better light penetration. I think that
it doesnt help bro. There have been studies that prove you get better penetration without the reflectors. Overall spread is increased like 8% or so i think it was, without the reflectors. If you have like 4 cobs, and 4 tiny plants, like post germination, and want to direct the light more on them without the heat, thats fine, but overall, not worth it. I have them, but dont use them myself.

Luminus CXM22 Gen4 3000K 90 CRI​

CXM22 gen 4 is a nominal 50V COB which can operate up to a maximum of 3500 mA (approximately 198W). Best efficiency is seen below 75W with this chip. This chip offers superior efficiency to a CXB3590 and Citizen 1818 of the same color temperature. CXM22 Gen4 are approximately 6-8% more efficient than Gen3 at same wattage

These cobs are awesome, $20 a pop, for 3000K or 3500K 90cri, like $16 for 4000k 80cri
Hey bud. Done some searching on digi-key this morning. Personally for price and efficiency I would look at the Bridgelux veros. Two model numbers below worth looking at. The bottom one is the Gen 8 and I haven't found a max current for it yet but test figures well above the 1400mA your driver will put out. So that's not a worry.
BXRC-30G4000-C-73-SE $39.56 For 4 chips.
BXRC-30G4000-D-83 $52.44 For 4 chips.

They're both 3000K 90CRI

Out of curiosity, have you tested the power draw of the light yourself? I looked at a couple of citizen chips and the max draw I got was about 200W in my calcs. The Citizen chips I looked at are like 3x the cost of the Bridgelux for similar performance. Most of the Cree ones I saw were obsolet

Luminus CXM22 Gen4 3000K 90 CRI​

CXM22 gen 4 is a nominal 50V COB which can operate up to a maximum of 3500 mA (approximately 198W). Best efficiency is seen below 75W with this chip. This chip offers superior efficiency to a CXB3590 and Citizen 1818 of the same color temperature. CXM22 Gen4 are approximately 6-8% more efficient than Gen3 at same wattage

These cobs are awesome, $20 a pop, for 3000K or 3500K 90cri, like $16 for 4000k 80cri
Nice. Hadn't come across those ones yet. They look good.

Back
Top Bottom