What could be causing this?

Hebrewdiver

Greeting fellow farmers could anyone please help me identify this problem. I noticed it some time ago. I thought it was a potassium def. so I flushed and then added some banana peel tea. it didn't seem to help. This is a blue dream auto about 9 weeks old. It had been going pretty good up until this issue. It is on upper and lower leaves. I'm growing in potting soil indoors and using advance nutients.

IMG_1229[1].JPG

IMG_1230[1].JPG

IMG_1231[1].JPG

Greeting fellow farmers could anyone please help me identify this problem. I noticed it some time ago. I thought it was a potassium def. so I flushed and then added some banana peel tea. it didn't seem to help. This is a blue dream auto about 9 weeks old. It had been going pretty good up until this issue. It is on upper and lower leaves. I'm growing in potting soil indoors and using advance nutients.

IMG_1229[1].JPG

IMG_1230[1].JPG

IMG_1231[1].JPG
Good day my friend, beautiful Auto. :welldone:
You said your in plain potting soil with Advanced Nutrients.
What schedule are you using?
Are you following it ? What ml/ l are you feeding of each.
Also do you ph your water?
Or ever check the ph?
Would be helpful to know.
Lastly do you use cal mag?
If those spots are foliar spray then it looks similar to burnt tips?
Thanks.
Talk soon.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Good day my friend, beautiful Auto. :welldone:
You said your in plain potting soil with Advanced Nutrients.
What schedule are you using?
Are you following it ? What ml/ l are you feeding of each.
Also do you ph your water?
Or ever check the ph?
Would be helpful to know.
Lastly do you use cal mag?
If those spots are foliar spray then it looks similar to burnt tips?
Thanks.
Talk soon.

Bill284 😎
advanced nutrients in plain potting soil mix. 15 ml in a gallon of water phed at between 5.8 and 6.8 with 1/2 tsp of cal/mag and sicilca . bestva 2000w led with 205w pulled fron wall. Thanks for the reply

I would not be spraying anything in flower.
Unless i had a bug issue tbh.
But as above info needed. ;)
Thanks for the reply...I will not be spraying again. I only did because I flushed and thought it may be the best way of getting nutes back into plant. I thought it wouldn't hurt since there has been no buds forming yet.

advanced nutrients in plain potting soil mix. 15 ml in a gallon of water phed at between 5.8 and 6.8 with 1/2 tsp of cal/mag and sicilca . bestva 2000w led with 205w pulled fron wall. Thanks for the reply
If your using calmag it must go in your plain water first.
Silica will gum up your nutrients.
It has to be dissolved in your water an hour ahead of time.
I give silicate once a week in plain water.
I don't mix anything with potassium silicate.
That causes issues with uptake.
Also 15ml/gallon is almost 4ml/l.
Where's the schedule your using.
That number seems high to me. :Namaste:
Take care.
Talk soon.

Bill284 😎

That’s potassium for sure.. necrotic leopard spotted tips and serrations are a dead giveaway.. why you’re having a potassium problem is another matter.

We need a little more specificity about the nutrients you’re using, the schedule you’re on, etc.

Thanks for the reply...I will not be spraying again. I only did because I flushed and thought it may be the best way of getting nutes back into plant. I thought it wouldn't hurt since there has been no buds forming yet.
My friend you have buds all over.
Because you leave water/residue from spraying then turn your lights on.
Can and will burn your leafs.
Also why would you want to spray your newly formed buds with anything.
Unless you have some type of bug problem.
Your lady would perfer you put what ever in her food might take a day extra to see results.
BUT its much saver and gets the job done. :)

Because people will say that the drops of water will cause burn marks on the leaves.

I have yet to find any proof that it is true. It is something that has been repeated so often that many people believe it to be true. Anecdotal accounts are not the same as facts or research.

Try finding research that shows it to be true. So far I have found web pages from people who have tried to prove it and failed time after time. There is one reference where two individuals repeatedly had drops of water concentrate sunlight onto a leaf and cause burn marks but that happened on only one type of plant; one variety of fern that had small hairs on its leaves that held the drop of water up off the surface.

How would a drop of water laying on the surface of the leaf act like a magnifying glass? Try laying the magnifying glass on a sheet of paper without moving it up and down trying to get the pinpoint of light. Most water spots on leaves are not even drops. They quickly spread out and rarely bead up. They rarely remain round and instead are all kinds of shapes which makes it even harder to concentrate the light in a pinpoint.

Position a sheet of paper the same distance from the lights as the canopy from the grow lights. Place a magnifying glass on the paper and wait for it to burn a hole. How much longer would someone have to wait if the piece of paper was the same distance from the light as the lower leaves of the plant which is where so many people notice these so-called burn spots; often in areas shaded by all the fan leaves.

Keep throwing drops of water on a leaf and more likely there will be an increase in spots caused by mildew, molds or fungus than the temperature getting high enough to burn the surface.

Then there is one of those pesky laws of physics, the conservation of energy, thermodynamics and stuff like that . If a drop of water falls on the surface of the leaf the plant material cannot get hotter than the boiling point of the drop until the water evaporates off. At which point the drop of water is gone so where is the magnification of light going to come from?

Anyone tried using a magnifying glass to burn a hole in a piece of paper when the light source is a LED grow light?

I have been spraying water on my indoor garden with the lights on since day one. I have yet to find burn marks or any off-color marks that make me think that the spray concentrated the light. I have sprayed the leaves on outdoor plants and no spots.

Because people will say that the drops of water will cause burn marks on the leaves.

I have yet to find any proof that it is true. It is something that has been repeated so often that many people believe it to be true. Anecdotal accounts are not the same as facts or research.

Try finding research that shows it to be true. So far I have found web pages from people who have tried to prove it and failed time after time. There is one reference where two individuals repeatedly had drops of water concentrate sunlight onto a leaf and cause burn marks but that happened on only one type of plant; one variety of fern that had small hairs on its leaves that held the drop of water up off the surface.

How would a drop of water laying on the surface of the leaf act like a magnifying glass? Try laying the magnifying glass on a sheet of paper without moving it up and down trying to get the pinpoint of light. Most water spots on leaves are not even drops. They quickly spread out and rarely bead up. They rarely remain round and instead are all kinds of shapes which makes it even harder to concentrate the light in a pinpoint.

Position a sheet of paper the same distance from the lights as the canopy from the grow lights. Place a magnifying glass on the paper and wait for it to burn a hole. How much longer would someone have to wait if the piece of paper was the same distance from the light as the lower leaves of the plant which is where so many people notice these so-called burn spots; often in areas shaded by all the fan leaves.

Keep throwing drops of water on a leaf and more likely there will be an increase in spots caused by mildew, molds or fungus than the temperature getting high enough to burn the surface.

Then there is one of those pesky laws of physics, the conservation of energy, thermodynamics and stuff like that . If a drop of water falls on the surface of the leaf the plant material cannot get hotter than the boiling point of the drop until the water evaporates off. At which point the drop of water is gone so where is the magnification of light going to come from?

Anyone tried using a magnifying glass to burn a hole in a piece of paper when the light source is a LED grow light?

I have been spraying water on my indoor garden with the lights on since day one. I have yet to find burn marks or any off-color marks that make me think that the spray concentrated the light. I have sprayed the leaves on outdoor plants and no spots.
Depends what is sprayed on them my friend. Try researching when people love their plants a little too much. I have seen too many spray nutes on them too.

Depends what is sprayed on them my friend. Try researching when people love their plants a little too much. I have seen too many spray nutes on them too.
I agree that if the nutrient solution is too strong there can be a problem. But, if it was too strong because of excess Nitrogen or any other nutrient then spraying in the light or the dark would cause a problem.

You won't find any...lol
Unless you spray them with some heavy chemical... 😁

Well when ever i have used a foliar spray when lights are on.
When the water that holds what ever i have used drys it leaves marks.
When the light were of it seems to have been absorbed much better and a lot of any excess used drops of
And when those marks are left depending on what i had used could and has created a burn/marks.
Now plan water thats something else but again why would i want my flowering plant im trying to keep
At a level r/h to get a spray thats going to take sometime to dry out and also raise the r/h alot in my tent.
Unless i had bugs that is.Now if this was outside i would have no clue as i have never grown out doors.

But thats me and each to there own i wont discount what anyone says or say its not true.
I can only speak on my own experience. :)

Back
Top Bottom