What could have caused this?

Drifter90

420 Member
Hello fellow growers, one of the branches unfortunately broke off two weeks ago. The plant was looking droopy and I thought it was shocked because of the bronken branch, I’d figure it would get better within the next couple of day. Today the plant looks worse and I found what appears to be gray mold on the main stalk. Are there any chances of it surviving? Was the mold cause by the broken branch?

Thanks in advice.

Attachments

• 73309693-CD66-4E1A-9A01-10E702C93B22.jpeg
    73309693-CD66-4E1A-9A01-10E702C93B22.jpeg
    443.8 KB · Views: 62
Usually mold appears because of too wet conditions and yes, the mold may have made the branch more vulnerable to breakage. I would recommend you get a second opinion though. Someone here will chime in.

It is hard to tell from the pic but if the stalk is broken at the 1st set of branches (stems ) I would say its screwed, if it is still in veg and further up you may be able to repair it with a piece of tubing and duct tape around the tube , not the plant and hit it with a diluted solution of hydrogen peroxide at the site where it is broken and then repair. If it is way down on the plant close to the coco , the mold will only keep coming I.m.h.o. every time you keep adding moisture there.

What are room temps and room
Humidity at ?

Coco you feed it daily specially if adding 50 % perlite to it .

As far as mold get some h202 hydrogen peroxide at Walmart 70usp brown bottle like 3$ add a cap ful or two to spray bottle say litre and shake really well and spray down plant let dry before back under lights .
H202 will kill mold not prevent fyi

Good luck !

You got fan ventilation movement ?

Hello fellow growers, one of the branches unfortunately broke off two weeks ago. The plant was looking droopy and I thought it was shocked because of the bronken branch, I’d figure it would get better within the next couple of day. Today the plant looks worse and I found what appears to be gray mold on the main stalk. Are there any chances of it surviving? Was the mold cause by the broken branch?

Thanks in advice.

Also remove what you can of mold too

once you get rid of the mold , with the peroxide , try watering on the opposite side of the break (mold )and water the coco very slowly as to not let it build up on the stalk of the plant see if that helps to keep the mold from coming back , you are in a 50-50 crap shoot here now as to weather the plant survives and how well it will yield , try the tube and tape thing to see if you can repair the break , that is all I can suggest at this point , other than pop another bean and start over

Aloe Vera find a plant and rub the natural goodness from it on affected area then watch what happens. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom