what do you think is wrong

thezuk

Sorry for the long post wanted to make sure you had all the info

Ok so I am new prop 215 patient trying to grow my first Batch. I have been gardening out doors for years but never done any thing indoors besides house plants. So Here goes I would like to know what you guys think my problems are? I have some decent pics so hopefully we can solve this.

Here goes my room is a half of a closet.
180 cfm fan pulling air from room and a small fan to move air around.
My temps range between 75 and 83
Humidity is between 30 and 45
they are 1 week old clones from the club. They were under 24 hour 400w MH(girl said they were about a week old when I got them) As soon as I got home I put them under the Veg light 250w MH with about 2 feet of space.

I had to go get bigger Rockwool since the club was out.
When I got them home I transplanted them into 4x4 Rockwool blocks.
I used ph down and soaked them for 2 hours. I used a test strip that only went down to 5.5. So I thought I was around 5.5. then back under my 250w MH light. I also used a drop or two of LIQUINOX grow Liquinox: About Our Products. So I Think this was mistake one using cheap test strips that aren't accurate enough. I think my PH was way lower than I thought. I have a Gh test solution now. (solution was probly below 4.0 tested a different bottle a few days later)
So my second problem was spider mites, didn't come from the club though I found that my house is infested well at least the front and back yards so I expect the whole house is.
I did a lot of reading on the mites and I might of controlled them for now.
I used ortho eco since brand insecticidal soap. Active ingredient potassium salts of fatty acids. I bought hot shot pest strip to put in the closet with them I've just been a little scared about it. I will put it in there tomorrow when the dogs and wife aren't around.
So I have only watered twice since transplant the first was at day 3
Day 3 watering the blocks were dry to the touch on top I had mixed a gallon the LIQUINOX grow at about a 1/4 tsp to a gallon when I first mixed up the batch for soaking the Rockwool. I tested this solution and it was 4.0 or lower so now I'm pretty sure that the plants were ph locked for a while they had spider might. I did dilute it down with water till it was around 6.0. then added a 1/2tsp of Orchard brand B-1 plant starter (I read I should of used this when first transplanted) I used about a 1/2G and had some run off that I tested it was coming out around 5.0 so way lower than when it went in. What does that Mean when its comes out lower than when it went in?
My second watering was last night day 6 I went to the hydro store and talked with the lady there she said there probably missing some nutrients the need. I Picked up some GH Flora Nova and some florablend, I plan on starting the "Keep is Simple Program" until I get a few grows under my belt.
I Mixed up what the chart said for seedling and then diluted it in half and watered the girls.
Also I just found out while typing this post the light scheduled has been fucked up also
Here's what its been like since I got them home
day1 24hrs
day2 24 hrs
day3 24 hrs
day 3 18 hrs
day 4 18 hrs
day 5 24 hours!!!! bought a timer and the fucking directions were written wrong the directions said to operate the timer have the switch flipped to the right. in fact that's wrong it needs to be flipped to the left.
today is day 6 and I am home hand have the timer working now so it will be 18 hrs from here on out. didn't look like plants were affected though...
But now most of the older leaves are turning yellow and some have brown spot and looks like the whole left is turning brown. I'm not sure if it over watering, nut burn or if its a deficiency. Please help

purp_train_wreck_week1.jpg
gdp_week1.JPG
gdp_week1.JPG
Grape_ape_1_week.JPG
3_sad_plant_week_1.JPG

welcome to 420!!!
reps for a detailled info list.dont sweat the timer...18-24 no issues...I like 24 myself becuase they are in veg for a relatively short time.
google a Milwaukee PH600...25 bucks...PH IS EVERYTHING in hydro....
I dont play with bugs anymore..used it all...get some Pyrytheum. bugs will cripple your game
Im not familiar with Liquinox so I wont offer advice...I never used it. weak nutes are your best deal..if Liquinox satisfies that no problem
again PH PH PH
the leaf issue is from PH and or nutes...
PH 5.8. for now

Do you think there worth saving?

I am using the GH drops right now On payday I will get one of thoughs meters.... From my test method the run off was in that range.so sould i be good with that...
also when you say a nute problem do you think over or under.... I switched from the Liqunox grow stuff because it was missing alot of stuff. Would probly work for soil.

I am now using the General Hydro flora nova line. I have heard good things and its only a 1 part grow and bloom.

Do you think there worth saving?

I am using the GH drops right now On payday I will get one of thoughs meters.... From my test method the run off was in that range.so sould i be good with that...
also when you say a nute problem do you think over or under.... I switched from the Liqunox grow stuff because it was missing alot of stuff. Would probly work for soil.

I am now using the General Hydro flora nova line. I have heard good things and its only a 1 part grow and bloom.

look at it economicaly....yes they will live. But if your in a posistion to grab some healthy clones then you will be weeks ahead. If you cant then nurse them back.
as far as nutes...I would think they are undernuted but PH is paramount.
Floranova is simple and it works.

Do they sit in the runnoff?

Isn't one of the supposed keys to rockwool, soaking in properly ph adjusted water before use? (-btw- i dont use RW...)

I've seen this before on my indoor grows! you maybe keeping the rock wool to wet, the bottom part of the RW where the roots are should be where you should be feeding them only! and let the top part stay dry as possible or you will develop a fungus or root rot that will hurt the growth and then the plant, and if they are setting in a pan with no runoff drain hole this will continue to plague you unless you allow time for the RW to dry between feedings.

You may be over feeding them also! mine had exactly the same response when keeping the RW to moist or soaked, try cutting back a little on watering to once a day if that's a ebb & flow system and if drip maybe twice a day till they get a little bigger and low nut's, lighting should be close but not to close so they don't burn over time and not to high so they don't over stretch giving you spindly plant growth.

Hope some of this helps a little! good luck

Back
Top Bottom