Help, what's wrong with my girl?

Cativaz

420 Member
Hello everyone, this is my first grow so any help would be great!!

Im growing Regular OG kush x Tropicana /cookies F2
80% indica 20% Stativa
4 plants
Early Vegetative
Indoor
Hydro - Rockwool - tiny cup with holes
Still top feeding but moving them to Ebb and Flow bucket tomorrow
Had a 50w full spec Led for germination
moving to 600w full spec Led
temps are high, from 28 to 30
Have a fan, and exaust and open room several times a day when lights are on
18/6 lights
65% humidity
feeding them 5.8ph nute water
no pests that i know of
watering twice a day, about 50ml per water
Top Crop - Top Veg - 1ml/l

out of the 4 plants only one got these burn marks, they stated and little dried up spots on the edges of the leaves.
in just one day it took the whole leave. My other plants are a light green, lighter at the edges of leaves but none burned like this.
i was afraid or nutrient burn and my last water was just plain water. I had dark marks at the base of my stems and was told
that maybe they were damping off. i treated with some diluted Hydroperoxide, and a but on cinnamom on top of rockwool.
3 days later the stems are still brown but sturdy and other plants are growing nice new leaves. so im thinking is wasnt damping off,
and maybe putting all that stuff on the plants did this? if u have any ideia of what this could be, please help!

imgur.com

Hello everyone, this is my first grow so any help would be great!!

Im growing Regular OG kush x Tropicana /cookies F2
80% indica 20% Stativa
4 plants
Early Vegetative
Indoor
Hydro - Rockwool - tiny cup with holes
Still top feeding but moving them to Ebb and Flow bucket tomorrow
Had a 50w full spec Led for germination
moving to 600w full spec Led
temps are high, from 28 to 30
Have a fan, and exaust and open room several times a day when lights are on
18/6 lights
65% humidity
feeding them 5.8ph nute water
no pests that i know of
watering twice a day, about 50ml per water
Top Crop - Top Veg - 1ml/l

out of the 4 plants only one got these burn marks, they stated and little dried up spots on the edges of the leaves.
in just one day it took the whole leave. My other plants are a light green, lighter at the edges of leaves but none burned like this.
i was afraid or nutrient burn and my last water was just plain water. I had dark marks at the base of my stems and was told
that maybe they were damping off. i treated with some diluted Hydroperoxide, and a but on cinnamom on top of rockwool.
3 days later the stems are still brown but sturdy and other plants are growing nice new leaves. so im thinking is wasnt damping off,
and maybe putting all that stuff on the plants did this? if u have any ideia of what this could be, please help!

imgur.com
This is OP orginal photo:
Screenshot_20201107-021418_Samsung Internet.jpg

@Cativaz photos speak 1000 words & everyone will be able to advise better.

Welcome to 420magazine, many helpful people here.

the pebbles and clear cups dont look like the best start or mix , or are they in nets suspended in water , its hard to tell with the pic , you said top feeding so im guessing your feeding them in these clear cups ?they wont be able to feed , was the pebbles buffered, i know some of the cheaper ones have to be soaked for 36 hours before using also the rock wool needs buffered

It's important to soak the rockwool for at least 30 mins before use to allow the rockwool to hydrate completely. Many growers add buffer agents at this point as well to bring the pH closer to optimal range. Getting the water to a pH of 5.5 before soaking will yield the best results.

i did soak my rockwool in 5.5 ph water for 1 hour before germinating the seed in them. the pebbles are just so that light wont reach the roots.. i was going for a dwc for this eary vegetative but roots are no where near water level!

i did soak my rockwool in 5.5 ph water for 1 hour before germinating the seed in them. the pebbles are just so that light wont reach the roots.. i was going for a dwc for this eary vegetative but roots are no where near water level!
Your roots may be getting too dry. Kinda confirms what I thought when seen your photo, sorta looks like it just drying out and not getting nutrients essentially... In my opinion (I could be wrong) BUT I'd take that plant inside the clear cup with holes on the bottom.. and place it inside another cup without holes and fill it up half way with your DWC water... Basically put your cup inside a cup.

@CADBOY should i do this even without any oxygen stones? a cup inside a cup would leave no room for oxygen. and i think you might be right. i just ooked under the pots and the roots are all dried up, the ones coming out of the rockwool. you also might be right, @NuttyProfessor i didnt even think of the ph of cinnamon... so. what should i do?!

i would rinse with ph water at 5.6 or so , just like a mini flush they can breath in the rock wool so you will be fine , then a little tiny little drop of nutes less than 1/4 strength at the same ph , see if she starts to feed again on her own through the roots without eating herself to death , ( my pennies worth )

@NuttyProfessor what i did to the pots was this. made the holes, added the ph'd soaked rockwool cubes and kept it in the dark. when seeds sprouted.. 50% germination (yeikes).. i filled the sides and top with pebbles. acctually they all germinated but only half sprouted.. i did open the rockwool to look and see if they sprouted a bunch of times though.. not knowing i was suppose to just leave it alone cause it would take days. i feel like i did everything wrong.. so i spend the last bit of money i had, to invest in this, bought another 5 seeds and will start all again soon.

im in brazil so its hard to find netpots, nutrients are REALLY expensive, and i cant use soil due to allergies. so im making everything myself. from the little seedling pots to the big 5g buckets

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-07 at 05.09.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-07 at 05.09.44.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 35
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-07 at 05.09.44 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-07 at 05.09.44 (1).jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 34
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-07 at 05.09.44 (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-07 at 05.09.44 (3).jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 32
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-07 at 06.05.57.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-07 at 06.05.57.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 35
hopefully it will work better the second time around.. i did want to keep 4 to 5 plants, its all i really need.. but i want to germinate more cause they are regulars and i may get several males.

try setting the tip of the net pot in the water just so the rock wool can get some moisture , have you an air stone given them oxygen ? if you bring the water level up to the bottom of the pots , fix the ph and get air through the water it should pick back up and grow again ( if the roots arnt dried out )

Do this with your net pots.
20201107_031946.jpg

Place your netcup inside another dark colored cup without any holes (so it can hold the water) & fill it only half way up with water (or untill water is touching roots) you DO NOT want 100% of your roots under water, its important for atleast 5%-10% of roots to have access to air...

This should allow your seedlings to get nutrients and water untill the roots have grown enough to back into your DWC setup.

Dollar store party cups work great or any cup ya got. Ps. The 2nd cup should be dark in color and light shouldn't be easily seen through it. Roots dont like light... roots that are exposed to light could grow slimy and then you have a new issue to deal with...

@CADBOY should i do this even without any oxygen stones? a cup inside a cup would leave no room for oxygen. and i think you might be right. i just ooked under the pots and the roots are all dried up, the ones coming out of the rockwool. you also might be right, @NuttyProfessor i didnt even think of the ph of cinnamon... so. what should i do?!

Your roots will get oxygen because only some of the roots are under water & some are left out of water. Air comes in through the stones and net pot holes. Of course you still need nutrients and lighting.

you want the bubbles to get to the stones / rockwool

download (27).jpg
This is your main dwc idea. What I'm describing is only for seedlings untill they have enough roots to get into your main set up... Nice job on DIY netcups.

i wil try the water and bubbles first cause i have it set up already, i didnt know i could get the water to the pots level, i was waiting for roots to dangle oven an inch under the pots for me to run the sistem i have ready... if that shows no progress, i will for sure try the wicker system. thank you so much for all the help!

Goodluck fella, post updates often...

Lastly you mentioned you have allergies to Dirt/soil ? You could always try using pearlite for a planting medium... Google " Pearlite Hempy " to get some ideas.

Intrested to see your Progress.

Back
Top Bottom