What do you think of this monster?

bluegil

now that's a pretty bitch!! Ive got what i thought was a monster,but i have to bow to her. its my first grow and i have a few questions if you could if you have a min, 1 i read a thread yesterday and dude started counting flower time when he put them under 12/12 not when they showed sex. whats right? 2 with them being so big,does that slow flowering time? 3 how much slower is growing in dirt,my girl went to dirt from seed 4/20,but shes ready i think,all upper suckers are gone but pistols are still full up right/under scope some trics are full but others look broke but not sure.
PICT000930.JPG
PICT001021.JPG
any feed back would be greatly appreciated

Re: Plant of the Month - August 2011

Welcome to :420:

If you have any problems or questions you want to post them to:-
Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine

There are loads of members there willing to help out a new grower. Send your question there mate.:peacetwo:

Imo mate there is no need in counting the time till harvest, the plant will be ready when its ready, the flowering time would prob be shorter with HPS or MH lights than CFL lights. So its all about when is best for you to harvest.
If you want really srong smack you in the face weed then wait until like 70% of the trichomes are amber then harvest. If you still want to be able to function an speak then maybe 50/50 or maybe 60% amber. Its all up to you mate really.
But if the pistals still fully stood up like you say wait a bit they still trying to catch pollen of a missing male lol, so it wont be fully mature just yet.
Looking good though mate:goodluck:

Thats a beast of a plant mate, cant make heads nor tails of your question though and ive read it through 3 times lol. ;)
Cant really judge remaining flower time from that pic but you definately want to use a bigger pot next time mate, although it didnt seem to harm your yield lol.
Keep it up,
GA

You can always start plucking small buds, fast dry them, then test it to see if it is at the level of medication you are looking for. For first timers, that is a good way to learn. If you keep growing the same strain (from mother), then you learn where the plant is ready to harvest.

1. I start counting flowering when I go to 12/12. But all mine are female clones.
2. umm I don't think so. But, being that big and only using CFL's, is not the most efficient use of lights. Look into SOG, and SCROG for your next grow.
3. I grow hydro, so can't answer about dirt.

thanks for the info, i really dont want to screw this up!!heres some updates from today
PICT001022.JPG
PICT000535.JPG
PICT000727.JPG
PICT000629.JPG
hope these are better pics! another question if i may? this girl has lots of red stems,what causes that?
PICT002019.JPG
PICT001913.JPG
PICT001813.JPG
PICT00179.JPG

Yeah man nice but to answer the question , No I dont think its ready yet, what you also got to remember is the buds will fill out most in the last 2 week of budding. But it still seems to have a couple of week yet, all the pistels are reaching up still wait till they curl back into their calyx knowing they not getting any pollen an they fill out and mature then.
And yeah Miwa right could be a phosphorus deff. But seen as your flushing now I wouldnt worry too much, its going to use the plants resources now for the buds seen as you just giving it water.:goodluck:
Peace
And next time try keeping more of the pan leaves on they need them for photosynthesis, and now where the plant feeding on itself.

i really appreciate all the feed back,i was going to cut her down this weekend because its been 11 weeks sense it showed its sex and the other ones 12 days behind that,guess ill give them more time:) it also answers my question about how much slower dirt plus cfls really is.

Its also strain dependant and how close the cfl's have been through out the groe, you should have them only a few inches away. And some sativa's take that long, thats why most commercial bud is alot of the same strains, people cant be bothered with long flowering time to get unique strains.

yeah, not sure of strain. i do know its been around sense i was like 13,some 25 years ago.got to love hillbilly's:)

Flowering time is measured by when you flip the lights to 12/12. Your strain looks like a sativa dom. strain and maybe some haze in there which can take a long time to mature. With sativas i don't recommend letting the trics go to amber imho. This can alter the effect of the strain. Check the trics and when cloudy and start to turn amber is when she should be right. Take a small bud and quick dry it next to the light and see if it is the desired effect you want. Good advice from other, i would get the light right down almost on the plants. Just feel with your hand next to the light, if it hurts your hand then backoff til it doesn't.

:thumb:
Flipper

Flipper prob right, I thought it was a haze as well, the size give it away a bit, but i had a couple of haze before with similar looking buds.
Miwa like said before red stems are strain dependant, some strains just grow like that, whereas some it is a N deff and a phosphorus as well i think. To be honest unless you know the strain well its hard to tell and it breaks my balls a lot of the time LOL. Stems dont bother me too much but if the stalk was red that would prob make me find out the prob an sort it. Prob PH bit out locking out N+P.

i did retie her and it looks like the red is spreading,but i really cant tell. i got my cfls at home depot,68w 2700k,have 3 in my box and a 24w 6500k,from wal mart.veg i have a 125w filtz grow bulb $39 bucks i thank,68w 2700k and another wal mart light.the 68w $14 bucks and if im reading the box right its almost the same as a 300w hps bulb, but i am new to all this so i could be wrong:)but you can see for your self what they can do,but i do thank my box is to tall for the light,so im going to try budin some smaller ones this round. my little ones are getting big:)
PICT001321.JPG
PICT001220.JPG
taken a few clones cant what for those to be ready.when i find my camera ill post new pics.
PICT000433.JPG
thats cfl burn at 3 inchs from light
PICT000129.JPG
PICT000329.JPG
PICT000630.JPG
PICT000536.JPG
PICT000728.JPG
PICT001124.JPG
PICT000829.JPG
PICT000932.JPG
heres the little ones
PICT001512.JPG
PICT001814.JPG
PICT001710.JPG
PICT001418.JPG
PICT001610.JPG
strawberry diesels
PICT002020.JPG
PICT001914.JPG
buddhas sister
PICT002118.JPG
s,d clone 12 days

You can always train your plants. Bend, tie down, pinch. To get a even level plant, so you can bring the light down and closer. It gives the plant better coverage. Read up on hps lamps and hoods. Also full spectrum bulbs like a hortilux. They will just work better for you.

i wish i could use hps,but my space is small and i have a hard time with temp now and small budget, so ill have
to master cfls!! im learning everyday!!
PICT00168.JPG
PICT000927.JPG

Back
Top Bottom