What happened to my seedling?

szx202

420 Member
Hi, Im a new grower and this plant was the first I tried to grow, i bought a seed and planted it 4 days ago. 2 days ago it sprouted from the soil and was growing fine indoors, however this morning I took it out for it to take some sun and came back 2 hours later to see that the plant was lying in the ground not standing anymore and with the stem thinner in 2 zones, in the start of the stem and just before the leaves, do you know what could have caused this? was it the sun? and most important: Is there any way to prevent it from dying?? ty in advance :)
pd: along the post I attached 2 photos, one shows how my plant was yesterday and the other of how it is today. I marked where the stem damage was on that pic, those weak points prevent the seedling from standing.. also the leaves are turning a dark green color.
IMG_4615.JPG
IMG_1811.jpg

not lookin good friend,, damping off,, that is what that is called,, kinda a rot almost,, i would not think sun was the issue,, tho could be i suppose,,

too much water perhaps,, promotes rot and mold,,

also,, when you pull it out,, look for bugs in the soil,, tiny larvae or similar

karma sent friend,,

then there is no turning back right </3 ? :rip: alright thanks for the reply anyways, guess ill keep this in mind next time i try to grow, its a shame tho i was so happy of how fast it was growing yesterday, still i cant understand how a fungi could kill my plant and damage the stem like that in 3 hours aproximatelly. its so sad...

How close was the plant to your indoor light (Also what light was it under)? It looks like it is light staved :p

Plants will grow lanky if they are too far from a light source.

Once the main stalk gets so tall, it will fall over generally killing the plant by damaging the stalk.

Back
Top Bottom