What happens when my leaves yellow almost back into the buds?

420-magazine-mobile1964085582.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1344268754.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What happens? Not much. Sometimes it can make it harder to trim. In humid conditions the dead sugar leaves can become a mold breeding growing. Mostly just makes it a little more work trimming through.
I like to leave my plants to flower long, and I just cut nutes to a very low level for the last couple weeks or more. Sometimes water only depending on how she's been fed and how green she looks. I don't usually flush.
Are you sure your need flushing? Were they on a strong diet? You think they still contain high levels of nutrients that will affect the quality of the herb? They don't look like it from what little I can see.

Well I had a smaller one I just harvested, it was my test run and it looks beautiful and granted its only been curing for a week now but kinda has a nutrient/fresh taste but everyone else loves it but to me its off. I was gonna flush based on what I've read. I never really feed heavy but I have a small amount of amber trichomes most cloudy and some clear so I'm about two weeks out at most based on my last plant and how its curing and smoking.

420-magazine-mobile2000704354.jpg

That was the first plant. This one seems to be more so trichome covered though.
420-magazine-mobile783103092.jpg

If you want to flush then flush. I don't see a burning need for it though.
The point of flushing is to clean out the medium of excess nutes. Mainly nitrogen. It's mostly useful for a plant that's been overfed.
The plant is forced to feed off itself, which removes excess nutes and also (I believe) forces the plant to admit that it's 'fall' and time to finish ripening.
Just keep an eye on the sugar leaves and if they're going to end up being completely dead inside the bud then I'd probably harvest before it gets to that point.
Curing makes all the difference. Week old bud hardly ever is good. It's harsh and smells weird and tastes weird. The smells and smoothness doesn't come out for quite some time. Six weeks is kind of a minimum time to me for a decent cure. 3 months is much better and it really only gets better - especially for the first 6 months.
Some strains I find don't start to regain their wonderful flowering smells till 9 months or so if curing

EDIT. - I see your new pictures now. Not quite as yellow as I thought. But a flush or a week or ten days of water only will finish her completely IMO.

Wow that's awesome to know. I knew curing was important but damn. I wish I had enough laying around lol I smoke to much. My next goal is bigger pots with topping and super cropping so I can add more yield. I have my surroundings pretty good just need to let these plants veg longer. Thanks for the help. Hopefully soon enough I'll have enoight to be able to let it cure for long periods of time.

Looking at the trichomes I just ran 3 gallons of ph correct water through my five gallon pot. You think when it drys out I can harvest it? What do you recommend for harvesting process?

Back
Top Bottom