Help me please?

ChanChan203

I am not sure what is wrong with this plant it flushed a couple weeks ago and started feeding again and the leaves look like this I'm not sure what is causing this
420-magazine-mobile717639851.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Help me please??

Leaves can curl like this for more than one reason, but in this case it looks like straight up N toxicity. Too much nitrogen.
What makes you think nitrogen toxicity?? I'm using fox farm trio nutrients
I was thinking the plastic bag shes growing in is holding moisture and wasn't all the way dried out after the flush. They do look heavy on the N and also over watered. Can you get a laundry basket or something else to put her in that can get air into the root zone? just a suggestion.
The plastic bag up close is cover n small holes and has some larger drain holes around sides of bottom and the bottom they usually dry out in like 3 days

The appearance. Dark green and over fertilized looking. Stunted growth, small buds, leaves curled with tips pointing down, new growth stunted and soft/lush looking. A lot of classic symptoms of overfeeding N. A healthy plant in flowering shouldn't be this dark green color.

When ph is off it can cause nutrient lock out to....some times other excess nutrients can cause lockout and so on and so on....which also mimic other deficiencies....are their pinholes in any of your leafs....that a happened to mine when I had nitrogen toxicity and my leaves clawed to along with burnt tips. But I also had iron lock out once from p toxicity before and had the claw just like N toxicity.....so safe bet check ph before you do anything

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

This is true - and in my side by side ph test grows - high ph can cause the same/similar looking curled leaf, and also a darker green color. But I think overall there are just a lot of symptoms that point towards -too much fertilizer.
I agree though to check your ph. Always check your ph- it's the number one source of trouble if you're a non-soil grower.

Help me please??

Nitro tox from bad ph. Probably added too many "noots".
That plant will not do well

Better start from seed again because that thing is lost.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Help me please??

5c0fb44340586b59c3443a2b0b034997.jpg

This is what happened. You knocked your ph below 5.5 locking out most of your nutrients except Nitrogen. The only thing you can do is flush with pH 7 water for 2 weeks to bring it up. But if you used the wrong soil this might be impossible.
That stored Nitrogen in you're leaves will get worse. Next, the leaves will appear scaly, then the tips will claw under and dry.

Test your runoff to confirm the pH level.
Last time I saw this the runoff came out at 4.3 pH

Just a comment-
If your ph was below 5.5 you would be knocking out nitrogen as well
. On the other hand when your ph is high - I find that you do get the effect described, as I mentioned.
In my test the 'low' plant was at 5.2. (Soilless). Next time I feel like doing another side by side experiment I'm going to run the test range even lower and higher.

Just a comment-
If your ph was below 5.5 you would be knocking out nitrogen as well
. On the other hand when your ph is high - I find that you do get the effect described, as I mentioned.
In my test the 'low' plant was at 5.2. (Soilless). Next time I feel like doing another side by side experiment I'm going to run the test range even lower and higher.

Yes but I was basing this assumption on a) the mount of vermiculite/perlite visible in his soil and b) experience.
As you add vermiculite/perlite it lowers the potential hydrogen values. Bringing the soil closer to a hydroponics state. His ph thresholds will be a little lower than regular soil thresholds. But if he was to do a runoff or slurry test we would know where to start. So far we have almost no information.
a291f0d205442d2928b2a589bf94b94c.jpg

What makes you think nitrogen toxicity?? I'm using fox farm trio nutrients

The plastic bag up close is cover n small holes and has some larger drain holes around sides of bottom and the bottom they usually dry out in like 3 days

It's nitro tox. Trust us on this. Probably (almost 100% sure) due to low pH.
Its referred to as the claw. It happened to me when I asked my roommate to "water" my plants. The result.
9775ae2a090770d91d7143d5ad354544.jpg

Hmmmm :hmmmm: quite opposite to my experience, and to the charts I've seen which all say N availability starts to taper off below 5.5. But for the sake of this thread it doesn't matter since we all seem mostly in agreement here. N toxicity and check your ph.
Even if there was an argument ,which there isn't, I have a principle of never arguing with naked men who are standing on top of me.

I am not sure what is wrong with this plant it flushed a couple weeks ago and started feeding again and the leaves look like this I'm not sure what is causing this
420-magazine-mobile717639851.jpg

What is your mixture ? How much you mix of each ?

What is your mixture ? How much you mix of each ?
My nute mix is the week 12 mix for fox farm this is my first indoor grow and ik I have alot to learn I'm planning on taking some online classes in growing
5c0fb44340586b59c3443a2b0b034997.jpg

This is what happened. You knocked your ph below 5.5 locking out most of your nutrients except Nitrogen. The only thing you can do is flush with pH 7 water for 2 weeks to bring it up. But if you used the wrong soil this might be impossible.
That stored Nitrogen in you're leaves will get worse. Next, the leaves will appear scaly, then the tips will claw under and dry.

Test your runoff to confirm the pH level.
Last time I saw this the runoff came out at 4.3 pH

I was using ph test strip but I have ran out so I won't be able to test it for a little while but I'm assuming you all correct I kinda had a feeling that is nitrogen toxicity but wanted some more expierence opinions thank you all for your help

Back
Top Bottom