What is happening? Help!

Ganjagoddess95

420 Member
Okay so I have been growing some seeds that I got from a friend for about 6 weeks or so and at first everything was fine. For about 3 days now I have been dealing with my leaves curling downward and sort of twisting up. I am using some real cheap Alaska fish fertilizer and I’m growing in a closet using led bulbs. I water them about 2 times a week and feed them once every 2 weeks. They are also on a 16/8 light cycle. Can anybody tell me where I’m screwing up or how to help them they just don’t look too happy anymore

Attachments

• 39286364-6686-4A7D-A510-B2C3BB2AFFD2.jpeg
    39286364-6686-4A7D-A510-B2C3BB2AFFD2.jpeg
    764.1 KB · Views: 53
  • D280B042-08CA-4106-A3B7-53003EA0C08C.jpeg
    D280B042-08CA-4106-A3B7-53003EA0C08C.jpeg
    800.4 KB · Views: 61
  • E8E9224B-AA1F-4C51-9D03-C91AA29D4151.jpeg
    E8E9224B-AA1F-4C51-9D03-C91AA29D4151.jpeg
    792 KB · Views: 50
  • 5080C4E9-3E90-4214-922C-422CF8AD6E80.jpeg
    5080C4E9-3E90-4214-922C-422CF8AD6E80.jpeg
    753.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 0FFD8AD4-78D1-4E6F-86C4-6C18B1ABBF88.jpeg
    0FFD8AD4-78D1-4E6F-86C4-6C18B1ABBF88.jpeg
    768.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 5AAE9D46-AFEE-4C1E-9311-9E1313B126AA.jpeg
    5AAE9D46-AFEE-4C1E-9311-9E1313B126AA.jpeg
    769.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 9D4DBBCB-0B84-4AE4-9EE0-2E82309363BC.jpeg
    9D4DBBCB-0B84-4AE4-9EE0-2E82309363BC.jpeg
    756.5 KB · Views: 55
Let's check the odvious

You have holes in the buckets right?

What tells you to water, you just decide to?

What's the temp in the closet? Any air movement like fans?

You will need more nutes, real Cannabis nutes down the road

Let's check the odvious

You have holes in the buckets right?

What tells you to water, you just decide to?

What's the temp in the closet? Any air movement like fans?

You will need more nutes, real Cannabis nutes down the road
I water them when the soil is dry the temp in the closet stays around 75-78 degrees and I do have a fan in the closet with them. I do know that I will need better nutes real soon just waiting on them to be delivered.

I think it's time to transplant into a bigger container my friend.

The leaves look pretty light green to me as well. If you notice the bottom leaves starting to yellow you need to give them baddies some more food ( N in particular ). I'd also recommend using a cannabis friendly nutrient line. Mega Crop is good one ( there are many though ).

Transplanting isn't difficult. Make sure you have your ducks in a row before you start ( i.e. containers ready, soil in containers, etc ).

Put your hand in the container with your palm facing towards the dirt. The main stem should be in between your index and middle finger. Slowly lift and turn the bucket upside down. I'd recommend that you let the dirt dry a bit to make things easier and less messy. That's how I do it anyway.

Can you give us a COMPLETE description of your grow setup and plant care? Are you talking standard LED bulbs or an LED grow panel, how many watts? how far away? Do you Ph balance your water? How much water? What's the nutrient ratio on your fish meal? What kind of growth medium? There's a sticky at the top of this forum that tells you what we need to know if you want help.

More soil looks like.

Leaf tips pointing down = soil issue

curling of leaves also could be plants getting too dry. They look nice and green just not happy roots. So get some more of that soil you already used. If its bought bagged stuff its likely running out of nutrients or the plants are root bound.

They dont look that bad just needs a little more work and soil.

You got this.

Yes I put a ton of holes in the bottom for draining.
That is a lot of holes.;)
I water them when the soil is dry ...
Knowing when to water is important which is why @Chris Scorpio asked "What tells you to water, you just decide to?". How do you know that the soil is dry enough to be watered? Over watering can create more problems than it solves.
They weren’t supposed to stay in the buckets long they grew faster than expected. I have real pots that are bigger I just don’t know how to go about transferring them without harming them.
Do a web search and look up transplanting. One thing I see that could cause some problems is the size of the plants. The usual trick that most of us use is similar to what @ColonelBlake mentions which works perfectly for smaller plants in smaller containers. Those are in buckets so you will need a flower pot or grow pot that is large enough to fit one of those buckets into and still get your fingers down the side. Keep in mind that if the next size pot is not big enough you might be transplanting them at least one more time after that before starting the flowering time. Or transplant and after 2 weeks to 2 1/2 weeks start the flowering schedule without a second transplant.

I suggest this sting of keywords if doing a basic google type of search. I just checked using them and there are many helpful links that popped up. >>
how to transplant plant to a bigger pot

The links you find will be on transplanting just about any kind of plant, mostly houseplants, but they are showing proven methods.
What's the nutrient ratio on your fish meal?
@Ganjagoddess95 said that it was Alaska fish fertilizer and I take that to mean it is the Alaska brand which is not any cheaper or more expensive than any other liquid fish based fertilizer I have seen in grow shops. I believe it is 5-1-1 and is mixed at 1 or 2 ounces per gallon.

Have to go along with @bobrown14 and say that they don't look all that bad and that more soil is needed. And, with a bit of planning you can pull it off. Do you have the larger pots. If you do not have them or can't spring for the money yet there are work-arounds.

Ya, you are doing good for what looks like a first time growing plants.

Back
Top Bottom