What is the difference between PK/bloom boosters?

Young Yoda

In my stumbling steps to acquire some knowledge about how to grow big sticky icky, I stumbled a cross a thread, elsewhere.. of a similar title that basically asked the above question. I'm wondering myself?

A couple a responses later the op got this:
-
ok PKs work in a way that tells the plant "hey its flower time, start making flowers and forming buds to reproduce for the next season" Also tells the plant "stop using power to grow, use all for production of flowers" therefore usually ending its reach for the "sun"

Bloom boosters are loaded with potassium and phosphorous usually in a a CRAZY high ratio to tell the plant "ok somethings up Im dying time to use EVERY SINGLE last ounce of energy in to the flower, its all we got left "
-

This has me a little confused since isn't PK part of NPK as in phosphorous and potassium? So are these two things one and the same?

I think, with bloom boosters, it has to do with the actual chemical you use. Like mono-potassium phosphate has been shown to produce higher yields and better quality product when used in conjunction with a normal feed schedule. It has a slightly enhanced affect when used with mono-ammonium phosphate. Magnesium Phosphate seems to have a similar affect. As for why...I'm really not sure. It obviously has something to do with the huge increase in phosphates, but that's about the extent of my knowledge on that.

They are pretty much the same thing, high in P-K, some boosters have fulvic acid, humic acid, amino acid, kelp, seaweed extract, vitamins, enzymes that aid in the plant breaking down the elements for them to uptake faster, which means more vigorous & explosive growth.

Plants use a lot of P-K in bloom, so you use PK/Bloom Booster to fill the gap from the base nutrient. The PK/Bloom Booster will make your buds dense and bigger. There are bloom stimulators, and enzymes as well for the bloom/flower process. You have to be careful when using a PK/Bloom Booster, I use KoolBloom and use about 1.25 -1.5 ml/gallon week 1-4 of flower, but from the first day of flipping 11-13/ or 12-12 the flower nodes take off and start blowing up a lot faster then not using, I max out at 2.5 ml /gallon in week 4-6 flower, then stop using in week 7-8 to let them use up their reserves on a 8 week strain.

Don't have to reduce base nutrients. advise to slowly add it, if the bottle says 2.5ml/gallon, I would start at 1.25ml/gallon and see how they take it. I run 750-800ppm base nutrient in the beginning of flower and add 1.25ml/gallon working my way up to 2.5ml/gallon by week 4-6 flower.

Thank you!! So my question then is, what products have all that goodness packed into one? How do you like kool bloom buddro? Does it have enough of that additional.. stuff, besides really high p/k, to make for awesome blooms?

On a slightly unrelated tangent, can I ask for some advice on my nute regimen? No? Too bad ;)

I just want a basic and cheap regimen to grow decent bud. I was thinking maxibloom the whole time, just starting reallly low and supplementing with something with high n, like fish emulsion 5-1-1, since I have a couple bottles of the stuff sitting around. Add something with si, like protekt and maybe cal-mag as needed (under LED), and finish flower with the kool bloom.

Any massive holes or does that sound ok?

Yer i dono i have canna classic + canna pk13/14 i used it sparingly in dwc.. now in coco (hot weather) same nutes + calmax im just about to add a little pk now starting 3rd week flower canna seems pretty simple but i have no other experience

Thank you!! So my question then is, what products have all that goodness packed into one? How do you like kool bloom buddro? Does it have enough of that additional.. stuff, besides really high p/k, to make for awesome blooms?

KoolBloom works great, pretty much the same thing as MOAB, just a little less dangerous since it has a lesser P-K value, KoolBloom is like 0-10-10 and MOAB is like 0-52-32. They both will make bigger flowers, make them dense, they both aid in the making of essential oils, aroma, and flavor. The most important thing to remember is if your base nutrients are to high it can cause burning/over fert.

You buy bloom booster that will have all the good stuff in them like fulvic acid, humic acid, amino acid, enzymes, vitamins, kelp, seaweed extract etc...like Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Canna Boost, General Hydro Floralicious Plus they have all that stuff in them. I use a product called "Recharge" by Scotty Real (Ft.Collins Grower) @ 1/8th teaspoon in a 16oz bottle of spring water, and pour it around the stalk, drips down through hydroton on roots and then into reservoir.

Recharge is a soil conditioner but it works just as good in RDWC/DWC it's a microbial super pack that takes care of the roots with Mychorrhizae, Tricoderma, and sub species of different Bacteria, plus it has the fulvic, humic, amino, vitamins, enzymes etc in it, this stuff just works. The roots are the most important part of the plant to make big tasty buds, and Recharge has everything in it to make the plant grow vigorously and explosive, while taking care of the rhizophere.

Here is what I use through a complete grow:

Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect GMB (Grow, Micro, Bloom) base nutrients
General Hydro CaliMagic Cal-mag (for RO water)
General Hydro KoolBloom
General Hydro Flora Nectar
Recharge & Hydroguard (only because I have bottle to use up :)) That's it.

I just want a basic and cheap regimen to grow decent bud. I was thinking maxibloom the whole time, just starting reallly low and supplementing with something with high n, like fish emulsion 5-1-1, since I have a couple bottles of the stuff sitting around. Add something with si, like protekt and maybe cal-mag as needed (under LED), and finish flower with the kool bloom.

You can get by with just Maxibloom @ 7grams/gallon or 1 tsp/gallon is the Lucas Formula it's NPK 5-15-14...an easy nutrient line to use is General Hydro Flora series GMB (Grow, Micro, Bloom) you can add the Si, and cal-mag etc and be fine. I have buddies that run just General Hydro FloraNova Bloom @ 8ml/gallon which is the Lucas Formula it's NPK is 4-8-7, it has everything for veg to bloom. :)

Flora-Series-Feeding-Expert.jpg

In regards to the bloom booster, I guess I'm just wondering about comparisons of different products. For example I was reading about MOAB which includes Mono Potassium Phosphate, but its tough for me to figure to compare it to other products, like KoolBloom.

KoolBloom & MOAB are the same thing, MOAB is a lot stronger than KoolBloom, they both have P-K derived from different things, but do the exact same thing...build bigger, denser flowers...MOAB is a lot stronger than KoolBloom, so be careful and go really slow and cut the directions in half and slowly work your way up.

All the nutrients and supplements I mentioned used correctly will have these results:

CBB5.jpg

Yer i dono i have canna classic + canna pk13/14 i used it sparingly in dwc.. now in coco (hot weather) same nutes + calmax im just about to add a little pk now starting 3rd week flower canna seems pretty simple but i have no other experience

You should be fine, just go slow. :peace:

Im a little worried about adding to much of something and locking something else out or is that just with cal mag?

You can over do it on the P-K which in return will lockout other elements, but if you cut the PK bottle directions in half and slowly work your way up to the bottle directions, you will be fine.

Yes thanks for your time buddro!! Looking good over there :thumb:

I'm thinking about going with the powdered kool bloom, so I will go very easy.

If I understand correctly, there are a lot of products which have bacterial/fungal spores for the roots.. recharge, hydroguard, great white, subculture m and b.. the list goes on. Anyone have experience with these?
Also, I was told that adding the stuff directly to the roots is not nearly as effective as brewing up a tea with a bubbler, humic acid, and some molasses. You done this buddro?

Yes thanks for your time buddro!! Looking good over there :thumb:

I'm thinking about going with the powdered kool bloom, so I will go very easy.

If I understand correctly, there are a lot of products which have bacterial/fungal spores for the roots.. recharge, hydroguard, great white, subculture m and b.. the list goes on. Anyone have experience with these?
Also, I was told that adding the stuff directly to the roots is not nearly as effective as brewing up a tea with a bubbler, humic acid, and some molasses. You done this buddro?

With the dry/powder KoolBloom it's more for the end of flower for the ripening phase, you have to be careful as well NPK 2-45-28, any dry/powered PK supplement has to be measured out pretty much spot on, or you can burn them up fast, liquid PK has a little wiggle room...so keep that in mind.

Recharge replaces all the other stuff, you can brew it for 24 hours but it was made as an instant root assist tea that doesn't need to be brewed, and it should be used with RO water and not tap water. Once the powder hits the water the stuff inside is active, and then it hits the reservoir and gets aerated by the air stones in my reservoir and then recycled through my RDWC system. I only tell people about products that really work, and this stuff really works well...there are some videos on youtube by Dudegrows or Scotty Real that will help.:peace:

It was made not to be brewed, water is suppose to activate it, I have a buddy who is in soil who turned me on to it, and he doesn't brew it. But I've heard both sides to brew as well. Good luck :peace:

Back
Top Bottom