What Is This New Vapor Genie?

ClosetCase

My local store says they have a new version of the vapor genie,supposedly it has a non-wood composition,and costs $80.Anyone got info on this unit?Thanks, CC

sounds like it might be the knock off of the vaporgenie, the vapor buddy or something. its supposed to have lead pain in the bowl, which obviously isnt good. i would probably steer clear of this one. good luck :)

post a photo if you can. or check vaporgenie website they have a photo of it, so if it is that one, watch out an. i just ordered the vaporgenie exotic today for 55 free shipping, cant beat that. ive heard good things about it, and cant wait.

:) :joint:

Thanks Fishstick,I did the same.I live in sacramento ca.,and the local merchants cant figure out a way to make money on these,and they offer other less known products.Happy results to you when you get your exotic....

I've had the exotic for a little over a year now. The first one I got had a problem with the threads (they're wooden). I got in touch with the folks at VaporGenie and they sent out a replacement immediately, no charge (try and get that kind of customer service anywhere else). I'm still using that one and couldn't be happier.

I have a friend who wouldn't smoke anything but joints, until I introduced him to the VaporGenie. Looks like I'm gonna have to get him one for Christmas.

I plan on getting one of the originals too. It has metal threads and is about an inch shorter.

I would heartily recommend one to all.

its supposed to have lead paint in the bowl, which obviously isnt good. i would probably steer clear of this one. good luck :)

Lol... Yes, that for sure is not good. ;-) I'd steer clear of it as well.

where did you get this information?
can you back it up with a source?

Originally Posted by FishSticks View Post
its supposed to have lead paint in the bowl, which obviously isnt good. i would probably steer clear of this one.

This is from the VaporGenie website.

The VaporBuddy is a knockoff imitation of the VaporGenie.

The VaporBuddy is contaminated with hazardous lead paint!

We started selling the VaporGenie in 2003.
The VaporBuddy appeared on the market in 2006.

News Flash - The paint on the VaporBuddy contains lead. We recently had a sample of the paint from the Vapor Buddy tested and the lead content was found to be 7500 mg/kg. This level is not safe for consumer products and vastly exceeds the federal limit of 600 mg/kg. Click here for the laboratory results.

I started making VaporGenie vaporizing pipes back in 2002. At the time, I discovered that certain porous ceramic materials reduce the temperature of an applied flame, and that this effect could be used to create a portable, inexpensive vaporizing pipe. I filed patent applications on my discovery and took big financial risks to develop the VaporGenie product. As of this writing (Fall 2007) the patent applications are still pending, unfortunately.

In 2006 I discovered that my VaporGenie invention had been copied by people selling the VaporBuddy. The people behind the VaporBuddy copied literature from the VG website, cut-and-paste style, and used it to describe their own product! They copied the VaporGenie design , and passed it off as their own creation. They are dishonest copycats. We intend to go after them once our patent issues. But until then, all we can do is appeal to you, our customer, to support us.

Also, the Vapor Buddy does not vaporize properly and is nearly non-functional. The ceramic filter used in the Vapor Buddy is a cheap, poor quality imitation that does not produce adequate heat mixing and distribution. The Vapor Buddy is a ripoff.

We have recently located the VaporBuddy rip-off artists. They are located in China, and that makes it challenging (but not impossible) for us to stop them. We would like to warmly thank the VaporGenie customers who located the VaporBuddy manufacturer for us.

Please consider these reasons why you should choose VaporGenie instead of the VaporBuddy:

* We are honest, reliable and provide kind, quick customer service. We treat our customers and employees fairly and with respect. We are easy to contact through the website, and guarantee our products for life.

*VaporBuddy has no website or contact information, aside from an email in China. How will you ever get warranty service or replacement parts?

*We are located in the United States and pay our workers a living wage. Most of our components (80% on a dollar cost basis) come from the US. I dont know anything about the working conditions of the people making the VaporBuddy, but China has a horrible reputation for mistreating workers.

* The VaporGenie is made of superior materials. All the metal parts of the VaporGenie (except the filter liner, which is chrome-plated) are stainless steel, including the bowl. The VaporGenie is lightweight. By comparison, the Vapor Buddy is much heavier because it is made of solid aluminum. The Vapor Buddy has a poor quality bowl, made from cheap brass lamp parts.

* The VaporGenie has a recessed filter, which is an important design feature necessary for avoiding soot deposition on the ceramic filter. The VaporBuddy ceramic filter is not recessed, which makes it impossible to keep the flame off the ceramic; soot deposition and dirty vapor are the result.

* We were first. If you support independent inventors and entrepreneurs, and don't like dishonest scammers that steal other people's ideas, then buy the VaporGenie.

Saw a scammer website that sells teh rip-off VaporGenie. I think it's called GenieVapor there, and as we all know, it's being manufactured somewhere in China. It's a health hazard especially since it's made from lead paint and guess what.. Aluminum!

Stay safe! :)

Back
Top Bottom