what is this?

KushNewb

OK so I went to turn my lights on and when I opened the door I seen something white covering my top soil. It was very fuzzy mold. Also one of my mains was drooped all the way down and lookin pitiful. Is that normal? Also I mixed the top soil and poked some holes deep in the soil and around the pot.. Because its been almost aeek since I have watered and the soil is still very saturated. Please help.

Re: what is this!

It was mold.. I mixed the soil to break it up there isn't any left on top.. I was wandering if the drooping and the mold may be caused by over watering

It was mold.. I mixed the soil to break it up there isn't any left on top.. I was wandering if the drooping and the mold may be caused by over watering

Fill this out
How many plants? What Kind?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule ...

Dude I'm growing one plant in a closet with two CFLs.. I don't have the money for all that expensive stuff to check pH and all that hell it ain't even legal here.

yes, it could be over watered, but you say you have not watered in a week, so maybe poor drainage.....but we need information to help you, to say your plant is droopy and has mold could be a number of issues, a picture speaks a 1000 words, but we need to know how often your watering, your humidity, temps, ph, nutrients, even the type of soil to trouble shoot a sick plant. For all we know you took dirt out of your garden that has other things growing in it and what your seeing on the soil has been brought in from outside. or maybe its in your closet and the humidity is thru the roof. also you can get a ph pen for 10 bucks. I would suggest getting one cause if you have nutrient problems and ask for help, ph will be one of the first things you will be told to check.

Dude I'm growing one plant in a closet with two CFLs.. I don't have the money for all that expensive stuff to check pH and all that hell it ain't even legal here.

Those are things that need to be known if you want help. Otherwise there not much that can be done over the interweb.

Well the photos I took are not on my phone. But they are on another thread I posted however it doesn't show the droop on the plant..

Well the photos I took are not on my phone. But they are on another thread I posted however it doesn't show the droop on the plant..

I would toss the plant and the dirt and start over, but ask us first before you do anymore planting and we will start fresh ok? Good luck bro, we're here for you!:420:

Mold on the soil in a small grow space indicates bad ventilation and possibly over watering. Do you have a small circulation fan going to keep the air fresh? Is the space ventilated? In small spaces you should run a small circulation fan 24/7, preferably pulling fresh air in from outside the grow area.

If you've got mold on the soil now, you'll likely end up with bud rot later. Keep the air in your space fresh, even when the lights are off.

Also, droopy plants when the lights are off is totally normal. Good luck!

Every night around midnight my AKR starts drooping for who knows what reason...I thought it was going to die the first night I noticed it but the next morning it was all chipper again...the funny part is that it does this every night....just before the lights go out, like its tired for the day and ready to go to sleep! LOL

If your RH is over 65% that might have let the mold grow. Sounds like you need better drainage for the soil, throw in some perlite next time so it's roughly 30% perlite 70% soil. For future reference, don't use any Miracle Grow products, there are a hundred better ones out there for cannabis (just in case you have been using any Miracle Grow stuff). The mold may also be caused from bad ventilation, do you have an inline fan? I suppose I'll just wait until you fill out that form UltraDan posted so I have more info to go off of

Money is obviously an issue for many new inexperienced growers so don't feel bad or stupid with your questions! You can still have a successful grow with very little money. The most important things are Soil, Light, Ventilation, Temperature, Watering, and PH... You can buy a (pH Control Kit w/ Up & Down) for $15.00... This will be how you test and control your waters PH. (VERY IMPORTANT!)... SOIL- Fox Farm Ocean Forest Organic Soil 12qt $10.00... LIGHT- you already have your bulbs! TEMPERATURE- Active Air Indoor-Outdoor Thermometer w/ Hygrometer $20.00 or a $2.00 item from local hardware store will do!!...Humidity is important but should be reasonable in a closet. VENTILATION- a simple small isolating fan or a regular fan will do! Have the air blowing over the top of your plants This is called the canopy. NOT directly on the plants but above them... READ READ READ I cannot stress this enough! You can learn plenty from just utilizing the web and reading. This is where you will learn how to water properly. This is where most problems start! Most first time growers over/under water. Usually people over water... The products above are merely suggestions you can READ and choose your own judgment. Asking question will help you but READING is critical to being a successful grower.... Good luck my friend and learn how to post pictures. In the threads of Frequently Asked Question are instructions on how to use this web site and tutorials as well on downloading photos etc.... Again READ READ READ!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom