What kind of fungus?

appears to begin at the tips of the leaves working it's way towards the bud. I pulled one off and looked inside bud but didn't find anything...yet. My guess is botrytis, as its grey or brown mold. Just normally see grey, haven't personally experienced brown.

2011-07-19_12_.JPG

2011-07-19_13_.JPG

Hey buddy, i think i may have it, its not mold (maybe) i think the leaves are being burnt by your light, if you use any kind of bug spray or even foliar sprays and you have HID lights on them while they are wet or shortly after you can have this effect.

If this were the case the browning will not rub away, they will be crunchy likely and it will be mostly on the tops of the plants or in direct light.

Botrytis occurs for the most part on the inside of the nugs closer to the stems and is a degrading type of fungus that will eat the bud and turn it to gray brown moosh.

ok a question to you when you rub the brown on the leaves does it brush away?

Doesn't brush off the leaf. I'm using LED's, I've never sprayed with lights on to get this effect and if I had wouldn't understand why things start at tips and move towards the nugs.

I'm used to seeing botrytis starting inside out as well, so I'm really stumped with this one.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate all feedback.

That was my guess if it wasn't nute burn or salt build up of somesort, but then again you are in cali and a lot of dirty clones get passed along quite openly there.

Try flushing the plant, with how late in the cycle it is you wont see it bounce back in the leaves like a young plant does but you will be able to observe a differnce in the trichs often times. got a loup?

My buds got the same type of color before harvest last grow, on just a few of the leaves closest to the LEDs. They were crunchy as NWG mentioned. Just too close to the light and they got a little toasty, also bleached the tops of a few of the buds. I suspect you are having the same issue. How close was this bud to the LED? Mine do this any closer than 12 inches.

In soil, I noticed those taco leaves as well, must be some sort of heat stress.

I'm now watering every other day. Room temp is usually 80-85 degrees, which is hotter then ideal, however LED plants can handle a bit more heat

I think you guys are right though, it may be a type of burnage from the lights. I have the trays supported via 5 gallon buckets, I was going to swap them for 3.5 gallon because I ran out of proper light distance room.

However I kind of said screw it and decided to see what happens just as an experience thing. Now I know...haha. Thank all of you for coming in and helping me out, definitely appreciate the advice.

Back
Top Bottom