What light = how many plants

Pedro215

I'm new to the forum and I'm having trouble with the choosing of the lights

Ok so I'm getting a new tent it's a 4/2/5 (ft) tent and I'm trying to figure out how many plants I can grow in it and what light I should use to support that many plants I've been reading many things and one says this anouther says that so I'm asking for any kind of help from someone that knows

How many plants can a 250hps support?
How many plants can a 400hps support?
What one would be better for the tent that I'm getting ?

this more help you a lil
I'm going to be doing soil grow
Problem 1gallon pots

250 HPS 2' X 2' = 2 plants (depending on length of veg and strain)
400 HPS 4' X 4' = 4 plants (depending on length of veg and strain)

The smaller the pot the smaller the plant. If you are going 12/12 right of the bat dueable. Not suggested, IMO, but dueable.

I agree with phyclops fosho....2 for 250 and 4 for 400... Oh and Pedro my man...I'm gonna have to claim the THC chronic supporter icon....just seniority my brother....word good luck with you new hobby...it's so great...welcome to :420:

I have 12 under a 600watt on a mover (only moves about 2 or 3 feet from 1 side to the other) Think I could have done more if i put them in deeper, smaller diameter pots.
Gonna try 20 next time. Think my room is about 7 ft tall , 6 feet deep, 5 feet wide.

Number of plants per X watt light is a pretty vague perspective on it. It all depends on genetics and how you train your plants. If you do a sog with single cola plants, you could do ~10 under a 400w. On the other hand, you might barely fit a single plant under a 400w if it's LST'ed well.

My advice - Pack them in there and cull the runts if there's crowding after the stretch. Learn what kind of traits your plants have in your first grow and adapt accordingly.

Well I'm gonna be growing bubblegum Kush and pineapple they are both indica/dative
Bubblegum is mainly indica

This is what I'm gonna be doing
I'm starting the Kush and pineapple with 2 autos I got when the autos are done I'm going to cut clones from the Kush and pineapple and placing the under a 150w hps to keep as mothers and I was thanking of doing sog or scrog but I really don't know much about them

Dog
I know as it grows u tie it and pull toward the base of plant but that's it

scrog
All I know is that u use a screen to weave the plant through as it grows

If melody could help with these that would be great

Back
Top Bottom