What! No Sugar!

Stoned Redneck

I got some free seeds from Herbies (Is name dropping cool?) 3 sativas 2 no name and one was Strawberry/Blue.That one is doing good for outdoor but the 2 others.Look good,nice tight buds without many fan leaves but ......No Trichromes..Mabey a little but none to the naked eye. So do you think if I moved it in and under a light it might finish or ?? I would think the pistles and trichromes would be pretty close together... the pitstles sp? are all brown.... Could this just be a bunk strain? Any thoughts? Thanks,Red

no_sugar.jpg

So even though the buds are apparently finished it could take a couple more months? I know that satvias take longer... i planted them in March indoors but I guess it just takes time..I could move it indoors and go under the lite but that costs me about a hun to run the light for a month....so ......mabey i'll just buy some satvia for the winter.... Thanks for the info LED....Hmmm LED eh? How much does LED cost a month? and do they put out any heat? Thanks ,Red

The simple answer to your question about leds is read the LED threads!

Not to brush you off with that, there's just LOTS to read about them. As far as I can calculate, LED will save me money if I add 4 more cfl's. And everything I've read indicates LEDs are much less expensive for juice than HID/HPS. They will put out some heat, but easily manageable compared to needing a tubed bulb for heat. The biggest thing I've found to be aware of for LED's is the height over the plant requirements, which is much much more than with cfl's. 18-24 inches, instead of 1-4 inches.

Did you know the quality of your Ash impersonation is directly related to trichome production?

I'd post a pic but I'm not sure if that would violate some tos.

Hey Faic,Ash Impersonation ? never heard of it? thanks for the LED info,Red I so wish i lived down south and I could just ride this one out just to see what comes out of it.. Thai mabey haha,Now that would be worth it the wait !!Red

LED panels in the right hands are cutting people electric bill in half.

A person could swap out 2000w in HID lighting for 1000w draw in LED panels and get a larger harvest.

From what I have noticed for most people it can be anywhere from 35% to 60% more efficient to use LED panels.

Here is my set up

Both plants are 57 days from seed in the Photo
october_14_021.JPG

I used two Mars-Hydro 185w draw panels to grow the plants and just added the 3rd center panel for flower.

I got some free seeds from Herbies (Is name dropping cool?) 3 sativas 2 no name and one was Strawberry/Blue.That one is doing good for outdoor but the 2 others.Look good,nice tight buds without many fan leaves but ......No Trichromes..Mabey a little but none to the naked eye. So do you think if I moved it in and under a light it might finish or ?? I would think the pistles and trichromes would be pretty close together... the pitstles sp? are all brown.... Could this just be a bunk strain? Any thoughts? Thanks,Red

Yah, sativas can take forever to mature. Long flowering times. But... if your calyxes are brown (pistils are on males, calyxes are on females), they may be overripe and you got some bunk seeds for free.

Is lack of trich production due to temps? Then it would be logical to bring them inside to a warmer climate yes?

Ah I was afraid so, I uploaded the image wrong, gomen.

Anyway Red, it was a joke, quite trite of course, from a fairly popular camp movie where one of the quotables is "Gimmie some sugar baby!"

Hey Faic,No worrys,I'm too old I guess haha..I think I will move it in after all.I was looking at this one sativia this morning and the calyxes are still white..Sooooo I may damn the consequences and move her indoors and see what comes up.She smells great and I have spent money on worse things.haha .Now that I look at them all, only one ,the pictured one is the only one to be sugarless and has brown calyxes.so only one went bad...And speaking about LED.I have raised more than a few starts and whole plants with just a 300 wt "pigtail light". I can only imagine how much better they would do with something like what you have....So,With that.. Thanks for all the advice and as always ..Happy Hemping ,Red

Hey Red, I have some macgyver cheap as you can throw them together cfl's ^^v, but they're doing the job. Doing the math though, with 18x23w lights currently, only adding a few more would make my power draw higher than going to LED's. And the LED's will have more watts, stronger farther reaching light, and I'm guessing around the same heat give or take. The only thing stopping me from making the obvious move to LED is the initial cost, since I can swing the height requirements. After I try a scrog I'll be able to guage my ability to wrangle weed then make my final decision.

And I'm sitting here with curious george and he's wondering if your one frostless plant picked up some disease and is that something that could affect indoor plants? Or maybe is just a dud? That wouldn't be very hard to accept either, since you can turn on the tv and see plenty of products of dud seeds.....

Glad it's only one of them though. :thumb:

I think that one plant was just "that way".All the other girls look great and were close to the others... The one i'm moving in is.....Sad lookin.....I kinda let her go as it started slow and i had others to tend to....She has broken branches and wind wipped,more than a few yellow fan leaves,But full of nice buds that smell great. I think I can prop her up and get plenty of smoke off it....I'll get a picture up here.It looks like Charlie Brown grew it. haha,Red

I'm shooting for Thai stick haha.As long as I'm guessing.....Sorry but no picture yet. and she doesn't look THAT bad. I'll keep you posted.Anyone know a good EASY timer?I just can't get it with this one..thanks Red

The one time I had tai stick waay back when.... The whole lower half of my body disappeared when I took a hit. :thumb:

Good easy timer, light timer? I picked up the cheapest defaint they had at orangebox and it's working out fine. It's like 6$, just pull tabs and plug things in. Even has pictures of night and day and is color coded.

I don't remember if the tabs are in for on, or out for on, I just plugged it in, and if the lights didn't come on, I pulled or pushed and never thought about it again.

In a more serious tone, I didn't and don't think I'm pulling enough amps that it's a problem, but I might go double check.

Back
Top Bottom