What now?

Opih8

Right , so didn’t have any option due to space issues and youngsters coming up et cetera so one of my bubba kush had to go out side into greenhouse. It was five weeks into flower so was never really a good idea but ….. ‘Space Issues’
Thought (kind of ) that as was middle of august when it went outside it might just acclimatise and then finish . LOL no chance, it still reeks like an absolute motherfucker but unfortunately finding the buds now is rather difficult as it appears that it is now in the middle of being back vegetative state - Scotland in the middle of September is not a good place to do this . It is obviously Keif riddled so what do you reckon I am best doing with it ??those bloody space issues again mean that I cannot grow it out so I am going to have to do something with what I’ve got whether it’s oil or hash ,I would prefer hash but anybody got any good DIY ideas for it ? I have tried bubble bags and isopropyl that seem to work okay but I’m open to other ideas cheers

Interesting issue to try to figure out.

but unfortunately finding the buds now is rather difficult as it appears that it is now in the middle of being back vegetative state - Scotland in the middle of September is not a good place to do this . It is obviously Keif riddled so what do you reckon I am best doing with it ?
Best thing to do with it is to take two photographs. One from a short distance so we can see the entire plant and one closer so we can see where the buds were and the new leaves that are going back into a vegetative stage.

Scotland is along with the other areas in the northern hemisphere and going into fall so the days are constantly getting shorter for the next several months.

One thing that came to mind is to ask if there are lights in the greenhouse and if so what is the on and off schedule.

Interesting issue to try to figure out.

Best thing to do with it is to take two photographs. One from a short distance so we can see the entire plant and one closer so we can see where the buds were and the new leaves that are going back into a vegetative stage.

Scotland is along with the other areas in the northern hemisphere and going into fall so the days are constantly getting shorter for the next several months.

One thing that came to mind is to ask if there are lights in the greenhouse and if so what is the on and off schedule.

1A1F4D8E-E910-4820-B1EB-2BD6DD2F9B8D.jpeg

4F76AA15-9182-422C-BA22-32762FD76265.jpeg

No lights dude, I’ve obviously taken most of the biggest tops down but waited too long in vain hope lol I’ll bang on a photo of dried one when I figure out properly how to !!

Welcome to 420 @Opih8

Could you dry it, run it over a 100micron screen before you extract with isopropyll/bubble bags, then mix the powder from the screen with the oil to make a hash?
Roy, I honestly don’t have a clue but there’s enough of it that anything is worth a try . Don’t particularly wanna make oil coz it just makes smokin bud pointless coz of tolerance issues (which I know all the fuck about) plus the cough really fucks me up !

No lights dude, I’ve obviously taken most of the biggest tops down but waited too long in vain...
Sure looks like it was going back into a vegetating stage. Since fall is coming and the days are getting shorter the only thing I thought would cause that is some sort of additional lighting in the greenhouse to create longer lights on periods.

Don’t particularly wanna make oil coz it just makes smokin bud pointless coz of tolerance issues
Maybe just run the dry plant material over the screen and collect the trichomes to make hash and forget about doing any sort of oil extraction.

Sure looks like it was going back into a vegetating stage. Since fall is coming and the days are getting shorter the only thing I thought would cause that is some sort of additional lighting in the greenhouse to create longer lights on periods.

Maybe just run the dry plant material over the screen and collect the trichomes to make hash and forget about doing any sort of oil extraction.
Do I just do that with the (73,120&160 mic) bubble bags I have ? If so , will it just end up like dry version of ice/water bubble bag extraction ie ,in this case, LOTS of shit quality green crap til I get to the 73 mic bag ?
Cheers dude

Do I just do that with the (73,120&160 mic) bubble bags I have ? If so , will it just end up like dry version of ice/water bubble bag extraction ie ,in this case, LOTS of shit quality green crap til I get to the 73 mic bag ?
Cheers dude
I am thinking that starting a thread in the sub-forum called Hash & Kief would get the attention of those who have been making hash often enough that they have the experience. Post the photo and the description of what happened and see what the regulars over there have to say.

My hash making is not that extensive yet and I am in about the same stage as you with way to much of the green stuff which is very tiny or small pieces of plant materials and not enough of the trichomes.

Click on the link to the Hash sub-forum...
https://www.420magazine.com/community/forums/hash-kief.50/

I am thinking that starting a thread in the sub-forum called Hash & Kief would get the attention of those who have been making hash often enough that they have the experience. Post the photo and the description of what happened and see what the regulars over there have to say.

My hash making is not that extensive yet and I am in about the same stage as you with way to much of the green stuff which is very tiny or small pieces of plant materials and not enough of the trichomes.

Cool. Ta dude

Cheers for the suggestion wings I’ll check it out

Dry it and start the cure. Then when it is cured go find some dry ice. With your bags put the grow and the dry ice in a bag. After waiting a few minutes for the tricomes to freeze then I usually take a food grade 5 gallon bucket and shake the bag over the bucket. (This way it doesn't dose your entire place with tricomes.) When you finish at the smaller size do the larger one keeping the sifts separate. Next go drink a 5th of wine preferably with a clear bottle. Once cleared of wine put a pot on and boil the water. Pour the hot water in the bottle and cork it. Now press your hash. You can go as many as three times. Frenchie said to spend about half an hour or when the water cools. You will see the hash start to melt into a nice sheet.

Dry it and start the cure. Then when it is cured go find some dry ice. With your bags put the grow and the dry ice in a bag. After waiting a few minutes for the tricomes to freeze then I usually take a food grade 5 gallon bucket and shake the bag over the bucket. (This way it doesn't dose your entire place with tricomes.) When you finish at the smaller size do the larger one keeping the sifts separate. Next go drink a 5th of wine preferably with a clear bottle. Once cleared of wine put a pot on and boil the water. Pour the hot water in the bottle and cork it. Now press your hash. You can go as many as three times. Frenchie said to spend about half an hour or when the water cools. You will see the hash start to melt into a nice sheet.
Cheers dude

Don't forget about edibles. You can make some hash but to get the most of your material make an infusion too.
You can get some goodness from the fan leaves, stems and whatever is left from the hash making...

2964F879-D1B5-4077-87AF-51AC195BCDC2.jpeg

Hey wings, I left rest of plant to grow coz I’m a born cynic with an optimistic streak when it comes to my plants ! So it turns out over the last week that the motherfucker has decided to go back into Florida again now so I am kind of hoping that Scotland gets half decent weather for the next month all I have to deal with is the humidity in the greenhouse at least I can see the fucking buds now again , all they have to do is get themselves ready within four fucking weeks LOL

Back
Top Bottom