What should I do with her?

oldman60

Started her (sativa indoor) last Feb.
During the summer, shortly after switching to 12hrs, I was forced to neglect her for days at a time.
She ran very low on water several times, low enough to expose the air stone. Heat was a problem too, low 90s some days.
She suffered just about every stress except root rot and bugs. She defoliated herself and sacrificed lower limbs to survive.
I think she is recovering but has grown into the light and it is as high as it will go.
The new growth looks to be developing while the old growth appears stalled. Pop corn buds everywhere.

Any suggestion what I should do with her?
Screen_Shot_2012-09-25_at_5_38_51_PM.jpg

IMG_20120925_133819.jpg

IMG_20120925_133848.jpg

She went on 12 hr cycle in May. The first of this month I reduced that to 11 hrs of light. This was from the same seed as my last two grows.
Normally the buds would be near the size of a soft drink bottle and just about ready to harvest.
I understand because of all the abuse she was set back. She is recovering but as you can see the canopy has just about filled the 4
x4 tent.
There are little buds all over but only the ones on the newest growth seem to be getting bigger, very slowly.
Another odd thing is there is no stink. By now it would normally smell like a road kill skunk.
I though about adding some cfls underneath to give it more light but am worried I am wasting time.
I have three other saliva hermie seeds started that I could put in her place but sure hate to waste 8 months of work.

bummer because last years stash is just about gone.

Is it possible to slide the main stem of the plant so that its on an angle like this / then retie the plant, it should sort itself out?

negativeions, its hard to see in the photos but its already leaning pretty good to the back. I tightened up a little on the strings and gained a couple inches of space.
I dont think its going to be enough though.

What has you shocked, Jimmy? LOL

Dang Sativas.. takes forever to finnish them. Way worth the trouble though. She probably wont get much taller. You can hang some weight on the tops and ends to keep her in side of the tent. I had to harvest one just like yours due to running out of time. Those little buds have taken me away everytime I burn one. Nice to get the huge Colas but you have to do what you have to do. keep her going as long as you can and enjoy every toke.

It does take em forever to get to the end and I agree it is well worth the wait in both quality and quantity if you don't try to kill her a half dozen times during the grow. LOL
You are probably right about her not getting much taller. One of the drawbacks to sativa is it continues to veg some nearly to the end.
I'm going to give her a few more weeks to see if the buds will mature, if I can keep it out of the light hood.
Thinking seriously about getting a 4ft 4 bulb t5 to give more light on the parts around the hood or maybe a cool tube to replace the hood.

I might get a few ounces if she will mature. The lack of smell has me wondering if she will though.

I found this on her today...what do you think? Balls? I'm really surprised she hasn't hermied on me already.
20120929_104206.jpg

I ended up standing 2 4' fixtures in the corners of my grow tent to add light. The 400watt HPS didn't seem to get her to finish. Once i added more light, the buds just came right in. I hope you get to finish her out. Mine was a White Widow and I can't get past that strain. Total eye crosser.

Cant tell on the pics if thats weird curled up leaves or seeds. Gotta get more detailed pics to tell.

I thought of a way to fix your height problem though.

Basically just put your roots and reservoir outside the tent having the plant lean over hard so that the branch is almost horizontal or as horizontal as you can get it. Prop it up somehow to make sure it dosent just tip over.

I am 90% sure that the trunk has no light detection one way or the other. So if the trunk gets light on it, it should not effect the plant negatively if its dark inside the tent. If you are worried about that however just cover it with a blanket.

Yeah, moving the tub outside the tent will work if I can keep it from popping the lid off. LOL
I will give that a try if she doesn't stop trying to kiss the bulb. Light on the trunk won't be a problem. She is in a cellar.

Thanks for the help guys.

Put a bungie cord around the container to keep the lid on.

Back
Top Bottom