What should I do?

Hayron1088

I would first like to introduce myself, I am a disabled veteran in Pennsylvania. Call me Hayron(military nickname). I have two clones I received from a friend. One is Cherry Pie and the other is the ever so amazing White widow. These clones are rooted and about 4inches tall. They have Fox Farms Ocean Forest medium and we’re under a Mars Hydro ts1000 at about 18-20inches from the light in a 5x5 tent. I moved them to my 2x4 tent with a Vivosun 600watt full spectrum led light at about the same distance(18-20in) they have been in my tent for almost 3 days now and I’m noticing some of the tips of the foliage are turning down and a couple of them have brown tips. Before I post pics, I would like to know what I should do. Oh, they are in red solo cups at the moment awaiting to be transported to 3-gallon fabric pots. Should I just let it go and transplant in 1 weeks time? I have not administered any type of nutrition also. Please help!

I would first like to introduce myself, I am a disabled veteran in Pennsylvania. Call me Hayron(military nickname). I have two clones I received from a friend. One is Cherry Pie and the other is the ever so amazing White widow. These clones are rooted and about 4inches tall. They have Fox Farms Ocean Forest medium and we’re under a Mars Hydro ts1000 at about 18-20inches from the light in a 5x5 tent. I moved them to my 2x4 tent with a Vivosun 600watt full spectrum led light at about the same distance(18-20in) they have been in my tent for almost 3 days now and I’m noticing some of the tips of the foliage are turning down and a couple of them have brown tips. Before I post pics, I would like to know what I should do. Oh, they are in red solo cups at the moment awaiting to be transported to 3-gallon fabric pots. Should I just let it go and transplant in 1 weeks time? I have not administered any type of nutrition also. Please help!
I'm not sure on the ffof soil . How bad is the clawing and brown tips. Generally we let them grow in solo cups to build up a root ball before going into a large where the will struggle till they settle. Any pics?

Welcome Hayron, Thank you for your service to America. Would help to see the pics to get better idea of what all may be going on. Please no blurple pics we cant see squat in poor lighting

I noticed that “my friend” trimmed a couple fan leaves... I suspect he tried to hide something from me...

B8FCD7DE-CF9F-49FB-841E-1CFE9AB8D911.jpeg

D48979DD-827B-44D1-8863-7604B3A862C8.jpeg

No the docked leaves are a trick to help keep a clone alive but not having to keep all of that leaf real estate green since a clone doesn’t have roots to support it. They are too large and need to be upcanned into 1 gallon containers but since Emilya is on site I’m going to defer to the wizard. For now the contsiner in the background is way too large, you want to control the growth and keep the rootball contained so that at final upcan she has enough rootball to propel her growth into the final container. Sounds bizarre but multiple upcans helps overall growth by restricting rootball at first

could be he was having problem with mothers and your seeing in clone or could be the FFOF little strong for them at first. 3 days and they haven't wilted you'll be good mate. I usally transplant after i see new growth on clones.

good lucky mate :Rasta:

yes, attempting to get into that large container this early is going to be very counter productive. Please learn how to properly water a weed before you even consider uppotting again. Get those small cups out of that soil so that the roots are not enticed to grow into the larger pot right now instead of creating a rootball in the smaller cup. The technique looks cute, but in this application it is not very helpful to hurry a plant into a larger container. Recommendations to transplant just because the big indica leaves are extending over the sides of the container, or the roots are coming out of the bottom, are very bad advice... be very cautious who you decide to follow on these interwebs. The goal of this thing should be to build up a solid rootball at each stage as you successively uppot toward your final container, not to uppot as soon as you think they might be able to handle it. This is not a race, it is all about the roots.

yes, attempting to get into that large container this early is going to be very counter productive. Please learn how to properly water a weed before you even consider uppotting again. Get those small cups out of that soil so that the roots are not enticed to grow into the larger pot right now instead of creating a rootball in the smaller cup. The technique looks cute, but in this application it is not very helpful to hurry a plant into a larger container. Recommendations to transplant just because the big indica leaves are extending over the sides of the container, or the roots are coming out of the bottom, are very bad advice... be very cautious who you decide to follow on these interwebs. The goal of this thing should be to build up a solid rootball at each stage as you successively uppot toward your final container, not to uppot as soon as you think they might be able to handle it. This is not a race, it is all about the roots.
This was very informative to me! Thank you so much for all the kindness and professionalism. I will take your advice and keep everyone posted! This is my 4th grow and 1st time with clones. I love the journey

It seems to be fixed! I transplanted to the 3 gal but not before ensuring a health root system. It’s been over 24hr and they look great even after topping! I will post further advances soon

Back
Top Bottom