What size lights do I need

U got a point bro. Why waste the 5k inv3sted in that space when i still need 2 more lights. Kinda wasting time . I did get some badass fruit this time but its gonna be better after those 2 more lights. In all honesty even at 4 600s im only using 400 more watts. I hear at 600 watt its still putting out around 90k lumenz. Whereas the 1k does about 30k more i believe only. Im just wondering if the 600s are gonna be enuff 10 ft high room 12 ft long 10 ft wide.

U got a point bro. Why waste the 5k inv3sted in that space when i still need 2 more lights. Kinda wasting time . I did get some badass fruit this time but its gonna be better after those 2 more lights. In all honesty even at 4 600s im only using 400 more watts. I hear at 600 watt its still putting out around 90k lumenz. Whereas the 1k does about 30k more i believe only. Im just wondering if the 600s are gonna be enuff 10 ft high room 12 ft long 10 ft wide.
I believe that going by lumens per watt in the HPS world that the 600 is actually the most efficient, I could be wrong so don't quote me. Yeah the height may be an issue but not really if you use rope ratchets. For that big of space you may need even more light though, that's 120sq ft to cover if you grow wall to wall. A 600w HPS will flower a 4x4 space, I'd say 2 rows of 3 lights if using the 600w with a walkway through the middle of the room. I used to grow in a 14x16x10 room with 4 1000w DE HPS, my issue was heat extraction though (A/C wasn't available other than a window unit and all I had was a 8" fan). Since I no longer grow to sell I have a 4x4 tent with a LED and get more than enough for myself now.

I believe that going by lumens per watt in the HPS world that the 600 is actually the most efficient, I could be wrong so don't quote me. Yeah the height may be an issue but not really if you use rope ratchets. For that big of space you may need even more light though, that's 120sq ft to cover if you grow wall to wall. A 600w HPS will flower a 4x4 space, I'd say 2 rows of 3 lights if using the 600w with a walkway through the middle of the room. I used to grow in a 14x16x10 room with 4 1000w DE HPS, my issue was heat extraction though (A/C wasn't available other than a window unit and all I had was a 8" fan). Since I no longer grow to sell I have a 4x4 tent with a LED and get more than enough for myself now.
Yea i hear that. Kinda stupid to think that i vould cover all that with 2 lights heh. And tbh if the stoner in me woulda thought past just the eletric costs for the 2 1ks and realizing later u get more efficient from the 600s i shoulda just did the 4 600s neways. I got some badass alcoholic aligater from this company called lifted cannabis. 27 .5 thc. Top top shelf costing a fortune to buy though. So ill prolly invest in some more lights soon . Im always trying to go big on the plants dince im lucky to have the space. But it wont work unless i have the lights to power it all up. Got my buddy to wire 3 new breakers for me in just that flower room. I should be doing better. Hehe but im a noob who just loves doin this as a hobby bud quality slowing getting better but yea .. ima get those lights though for sure. Hopefully soon . I got more going into flower once these big ones r done. ----- my thing about the lights though is like i should prolly get 2 de 600s or what not because im thinking go big or go home. At the most prolly cost effective hid checking amazon mostly. So ill just add 2x 600 hopefully theres some 600 watt de hids on amazon.

Ya my room layout is always jacked cause im trying to make those 2 lights work. Like growing with a blanket over your head. Doesnt work heh . So ya 4 lights minimal in an area that big. But will the 600s be enough. I dont wanna pay 600 a month on eletric heh

Yea i hear that. Kinda stupid to think that i vould cover all that with 2 lights heh. And tbh if the stoner in me woulda thought past just the eletric costs for the 2 1ks and realizing later u get more efficient from the 600s i shoulda just did the 4 600s neways. I got some badass alcoholic aligater from this company called lifted cannabis. 27 .5 thc. Top top shelf costing a fortune to buy though. So ill prolly invest in some more lights soon . Im always trying to go big on the plants dince im lucky to have the space. But it wont work unless i have the lights to power it all up. Got my buddy to wire 3 new breakers for me in just that flower room. I should be doing better. Hehe but im a noob who just loves doin this as a hobby bud quality slowing getting better but yea .. ima get those lights though for sure. Hopefully soon . I got more going into flower once these big ones r done. ----- my thing about the lights though is like i should prolly get 2 de 600s or what not because im thinking go big or go home. At the most prolly cost effective hid checking amazon mostly. So ill just add 2x 600 hopefully theres some 600 watt de hids on amazon.
600w is usually a single end bulb not DE

Tbh i bet 2 more 600 watt de bulbs or even 2 1k de bulbs and dial my hortilux bulbs down to 600 wouldnt be too bad um wondering

You shouldn’t but can use the ballast at a lower setting then the light. It will not generate the proper spectrum or intensity though

The the answer to the question of lights depends on how big of a yield you want, or expect. It's only when you address that does the size of your room becomes relevant.. How do you plan on growing your plants.. Are you going to be using a lot of water? Any drains in your floor? Have you even considered any of those questions.. Have you ever grown any thing? I mean any thing at all.
To start, you're better off thinking of your end game.. A man with a plan might do half as well as he wants and be satisfied.. Starting big is not always the best way to succeed.. Most often, never.. I'm not trying to discourage you from spending a lot of money.. Hell,you may have a lot, and need to get rid of some of it.. But if you start out without any experience, and go big, that's a good way to do it..
How true !!!!!

You shouldn’t but can use the ballast at a lower setting then the light. It will not generate the proper spectrum or intensity though
Makes sense. Just harvested 3 of my bigger ones show u some pics b4 i goto water the others im happy hehe

Attachments

• 15872825334412870845754983273010.jpg
    15872825334412870845754983273010.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 1587282564721828517483876679571.jpg
    1587282564721828517483876679571.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 29
I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that to fill your space you will need six lights. Keep your 1000 watters and get four more 600 watters to supplement them. Different strains will like different intensities of light. I would love to have ten feet of height to let some plants grow oh natural. :peace: :Rasta:
Ya gonna go with the 4 eventually. I realize even with a big room . You cant vege yoir plants to 5 ft high 4 ft wide and expect those big plants to grow well under inadequate lighting. So with the 4 im sure itll be ok . Really wanting to check into 2 new de 1ks and dial down my regular hids to 600 or just go buy some . But yea 6 lights would be ideal. If i ever make it ill prolly invest in the 6 lights. Just my power bill would prolly be another 200$ a month. Thought always crossed my mind about using a few t5s the 4 ft 8 bulbs as a source of supplemental lighting. Maybe ill replace the t5 flouros with the t5 led replaceable bulbs. Just thinking . They wouldnt use as much eletric as a hid . But it may give me better spectrums and maybe 4 of those i could mount on the walls etc iunno. Lightings 1 of my issues aming many heh.

Back
Top Bottom