What size lights do I need

Hyperpisoff

420 Member
Hey guys, as a new grower in trying to figure out what kind of lights (led) I need for my grow room

I currently have a 13foot length by 10ft high, 10foot wide with a small walkway down the middle. I was thinking four 600w led’s.. is that enough

Hey guys, as a new grower in trying to figure out what kind of lights (led) I need for my grow room

I currently have a 13foot length by 10ft high, 10foot wide with a small walkway down the middle. I was thinking four 600w led’s.. is that enough
If I am reading this right then you have two rows approx. four feet wide by thirteen feet long? If that is correct then you would need eight of the 600 watters to cover the area. :peace: :lot-o-toke:

Thanks for that. Thinking four BESTVA 1500w

That be good enough ya recon ?
Looks like those are actually 300 watts at the wall. I'd use quantum boards instead. No moving parts. Looks like you would need minimum of 6 500 watt boards. I am running 680 wall watts for my 4X4 SCROG which is more than enough.

I recommend you use 4 Mars Hydro TS3000 and 2 TSL2000. This can meet your grow size, these two lights are our latest series, white led, full spectrum, can be dimmed. The wattage of is TS3000 460w, TSL2000 is 300w.
These two lamps will be more efficient than traditional purple LEDs, which can save at least 20% of energy costs.
We offer the coupon code "420magazine" to all 420 growers, it can be used on Mars Hydro Official websie: www.mars-hydro.com

The the answer to the question of lights depends on how big of a yield you want, or expect. It's only when you address that does the size of your room becomes relevant.. How do you plan on growing your plants.. Are you going to be using a lot of water? Any drains in your floor? Have you even considered any of those questions.. Have you ever grown any thing? I mean any thing at all.
To start, you're better off thinking of your end game.. A man with a plan might do half as well as he wants and be satisfied.. Starting big is not always the best way to succeed.. Most often, never.. I'm not trying to discourage you from spending a lot of money.. Hell,you may have a lot, and need to get rid of some of it.. But if you start out without any experience, and go big, that's a good way to do it..

That's a huge space to cover with a really high ceiling, I'd go with 100W DE HPS instead if I had that space!
Im kinda in this guys boat too i have a shed i insulated thats like 10 ft high by 10 wide 12ish long im using 2 1k watt hps air cooled hoods with the hortilux bulbs , my question is is it really minimal? Id think it is at least 4 bulbs . I notice i get denser buds if i keep that light really close to those topsnot burning but 3 ft away is bad right. Im wondering if 2 de 1k hids would help . Or maybe 4 600 watt hids

In a space like that the yield opportunity is huge if you take a little time.

This is my second time grow with these lights and last time I yielded just over 20oz from a 2x4 canopy space, so your space with that walk way could yield a good 200oz+.

I would suggest 12 Mars Hydro SP250's, that's just under 3000w from the wall but the return every 14-16 weeks is worth the outcome.

In a space like that the yield opportunity is huge if you take a little time.

This is my second time grow with these lights and last time I yielded just over 20oz from a 2x4 canopy space, so your space with that walk way could yield a good 200oz+.

I would suggest 12 Mars Hydro SP250's, that's just under 3000w from the wall but the return every 14-16 weeks is worth the outcome.
Yea im familiar with mars hydro leds but i just never used em . Cant see how youd get dense with leds

Im kinda in this guys boat too i have a shed i insulated thats like 10 ft high by 10 wide 12ish long im using 2 1k watt hps air cooled hoods with the hortilux bulbs , my question is is it really minimal? Id think it is at least 4 bulbs . I notice i get denser buds if i keep that light really close to those topsnot burning but 3 ft away is bad right. Im wondering if 2 de 1k hids would help . Or maybe 4 600 watt hids
As much as I love the DE 1k I think you'd be better off with 4 600w HPS just to get a more even spread and adjustability.

Ya so i got the digital balasts where u can adjust the watts 4 6 1k super lymenz etc. Could i just dial em down to 600 and buy 2 more 600 watt set ups?

Back
Top Bottom