What strains are you other Aussies growing?

I’ve got some BigBud xxl (the ol’ chestnut), Zensation and an Ultra White Amnesia. All from Ministry of Cannabis because they have been the most reliable by far with getting past Customs.

Hey Anna, how's your garden been growing? Have you been practicing cloning or making your own seeds? That would get around the problem of customs.

Hey Anna, how's your garden been growing? Have you been practicing cloning or making your own seeds? That would get around the problem of customs.
Hey T
It’s average tbh. I didn’t get the same stretch as I normally do. And no...still buying seeds. But I’ve discovered a breeder that has so far been 100% successful in deliveries and decent, stable strains.
How’s yours? What strains? And any vegetable garden action? Regards & Respect, Anna

Hey T
It’s average tbh. I didn’t get the same stretch as I normally do. And no...still buying seeds. But I’ve discovered a breeder that has so far been 100% successful in deliveries and decent, stable strains.
How’s yours? What strains? And any vegetable garden action? Regards & Respect, Anna

You should keep practicing on the cloning. Lollypopping/trimming often gives clone sized branches anyways. If you're still buying seeds, have you thought about investing into some good quality regular genetics and grown out 5-10 to find a decent male and breed your own? It will cut down on costs a lot, and if you don't clone your genetics might aswell try to breed your genetics. It's amazing how many seeds you can get from just a little pollen.

The veggie garden has been growing pretty good, though the slugs and snails and other pests have been getting a good feed. So far managed to grow some lettuce, beetroot, garlic, snow peas, sugar snap peas, carrots, mini cabbage, watercress, and hoping the potatoes can be harvested soon. I'm already behind for the spring/summer crops but I'd like to try some purple beans, red cabbage, pickling cucumbers, okra, different types of beetroot, 2-3 types of tomatoes, 2 types of chilli peppers, and maybe a zucchini and eggplant if I've got the space. And I didn't really like veggies much before, but I'm enjoying growing everything. Learning to grow weed has been a pretty handy skill to learn.

You should keep practicing on the cloning. Lollypopping/trimming often gives clone sized branches anyways. If you're still buying seeds, have you thought about investing into some good quality regular genetics and grown out 5-10 to find a decent male and breed your own? It will cut down on costs a lot, and if you don't clone your genetics might aswell try to breed your genetics. It's amazing how many seeds you can get from just a little pollen.

The veggie garden has been growing pretty good, though the slugs and snails and other pests have been getting a good feed. So far managed to grow some lettuce, beetroot, garlic, snow peas, sugar snap peas, carrots, mini cabbage, watercress, and hoping the potatoes can be harvested soon. I'm already behind for the spring/summer crops but I'd like to try some purple beans, red cabbage, pickling cucumbers, okra, different types of beetroot, 2-3 types of tomatoes, 2 types of chilli peppers, and maybe a zucchini and eggplant if I've got the space. And I didn't really like veggies much before, but I'm enjoying growing everything. Learning to grow weed has been a pretty handy skill to learn.
Hey T
Wow! That’s a very impressive vegetable garden. Good for you. I remember how satisfying it was when I grew mine. I recall I used to fill up a couple of small bowls of beer for the snails...they love it!! And half egg shells on top of the tomato stakes are supposed to help deter cabbage moths.
I’m really happy for you.
I just got some White Widow seeds yesterday which I’ve never grown before so I’m excited. Ministry of Cannabis - 8 days from ordering to letterbox!!

Hey T
Wow! That’s a very impressive vegetable garden. Good for you. I remember how satisfying it was when I grew mine. I recall I used to fill up a couple of small bowls of beer for the snails...they love it!! And half egg shells on top of the tomato stakes are supposed to help deter cabbage moths.
I’m really happy for you.
I just got some White Widow seeds yesterday which I’ve never grown before so I’m excited. Ministry of Cannabis - 8 days from ordering to letterbox!!

Great thing about container gardening is you can do it practically anywhere, you don't need good soil or any soil (other than what's in the pot), just a place that gets 6-8 hours of sun a day. Or you could throw a few veggie plants in with the weed plants indoors if you've got enough space.

Thanks for the pest tips, there's more than a few around. I really hope I don't transfer any pests into the grow room. Found a green caterpillar inside on my desk chair the other day. We got plenty of slugs and snails and always had cabbage moths but first time having cabbages.

8 days delivery to Aust? Very impressive. Good to see you finally found a seed bank that can deliver. I hear lots of good things about the Carnival strain MoC stocks.

Great thing about container gardening is you can do it practically anywhere, you don't need good soil or any soil (other than what's in the pot), just a place that gets 6-8 hours of sun a day. Or you could throw a few veggie plants in with the weed plants indoors if you've got enough space.

Thanks for the pest tips, there's more than a few around. I really hope I don't transfer any pests into the grow room. Found a green caterpillar inside on my desk chair the other day. We got plenty of slugs and snails and always had cabbage moths but first time having cabbages.

8 days delivery to Aust? Very impressive. Good to see you finally found a seed bank that can deliver. I hear lots of good things about the Carnival strain MoC stocks.

Carnival, eh? Love the name for a start. Reminds me of The Notting Hill Carnival I went to in London once....with 1 MILLION other people!! Biggest crowd this little girl from a one horse town has been in!
I’ll send you some garden pics this week btw. Respect & Regards..Anna

Royal Queen Bubble Kush Auto
420-magazine-mobile1141348995.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1821692554.jpg
Nice plants man

I’ve got some BigBud xxl (the ol’ chestnut), Zensation and an Ultra White Amnesia. All from Ministry of Cannabis because they have been the most reliable by far with getting past Customs.
how are your plants coming along? iv'e got some alien v triangle F2 auto seeds just waiting for finances to improve before i make a grow journal lol

Thanks for the nice words. Yeah it has been topped a few times I got the feminized seeds from an online seed bank called cropkingseed . They are based in canada I think and have a good selection-good prices- discreet and ontime mail
Hi all I'm gunna be growing gorilla girl and pineapple chunks plus g13 haze lost contact with suppliers after about 6 year break and because of med issues started again but unfortunately i can only get crap i know there's good shit around but at 60 I'm getting too old to go chasing around you can get ice easier than pot so I'm gunna start a grow and I'm going LED, organic soil indoors in tent so hopefully in about 3-4 months i should be harvesting my first buds anyway good to here from other Aussies. If you like check out a thread i started Australian growers ✌

over the years I've moved more and more into strains crossed only with the "fast" or "early" hybrids. These bring my bloom periods down to as low as 6 weeks. I'm down south so the rule of thumb with almost all plant life is the smaller the bloom period the colder the climate it can handle to allow for a shorter growing period to avoid the frost at the start of spring, meaning you can plant much later. This directly equated well into indoors during winter where you run lights overnight and have it dark during perfect 15 degree days, which the short bloomers thrive on. Massive weight, short stocky plants that don't have canopies 4 ft from the ground stopping light from penetrating and 3 week veg periods, all up you're turning over every 9 weeks with little to no work.
Currently -
white widow/fast 6-7 weeks
blueberry/fast 6-7 weeks
hot chilly/fast 6-7 weeks
skunk #1/fast 6-7 weeks
Money Maker 7 weeks
Skywalker OG 7 weeks
Original Glue 7-8 weeks ( getting rid of this one)

Hi all I'm gunna be growing gorilla girl and pineapple chunks plus g13 haze lost contact with suppliers after about 6 year break and because of med issues started again but unfortunately i can only get crap i know there's good shit around but at 60 I'm getting too old to go chasing around you can get ice easier than pot so I'm gunna start a grow and I'm going LED, organic soil indoors in tent so hopefully in about 3-4 months i should be harvesting my first buds anyway good to here from other Aussies. If you like check out a thread i started Australian growers ✌
Not a huge fan of pineapple chunk, I see its still one of the most popular strains to grow worldwide but I found it to be lanky and too long of a bloom period plus it had a classic daytime Sativa high which im not a fan of, gimme dank Indica sleepy night nights zzzzzz. :Rasta: Id love to know how you do with it though

I'll let you know i got it because of its indica % but from what your saying it doesn't come though in the end oh well just have to wait and see but anything would be better than whats getting now

Weasels been growing it for few years..

Re PC yield. It’s probably middle of the road. I wouldn’t call it a very low yielder- but have to admit that the frequent problems I have with it take a pretty significant cut from the yield. And I find it hard to flower very crowded, even though it kind of likes to grow that way. Multiple/better light sources could help with that I imagine.
It’s related to the cheese. But the Cheese- or at least the Critical Cheese that I grew, yielded quite a lot more. Just wasn’t as good either. The PC remains by far the most highly rated indica-type strain I’ve ever grown, among friends and trading victims. Otherwise I’d have ditched the stupid thing ages ago.
To be fair I haven’t noticed that many other people having these problems though. I’ve seen quite few pics of people’s PCs that looked different than mine- more dense, and more normal. When I started the strain I grew three seeds and flowered them all several rounds- but they all seemed pretty well identical so I just chose one more or less at random.
I complain about mine because it’s very mold prone, grows really scraggly needing a lot of tending, takes a long time to flower for what it is, and is sort of disgusting to work with. Check the first post of my thread from last night if you want to hear me whine about it further. ;)

Weasels been growing it for few years..

Re PC yield. It’s probably middle of the road. I wouldn’t call it a very low yielder- but have to admit that the frequent problems I have with it take a pretty significant cut from the yield. And I find it hard to flower very crowded, even though it kind of likes to grow that way. Multiple/better light sources could help with that I imagine.
It’s related to the cheese. But the Cheese- or at least the Critical Cheese that I grew, yielded quite a lot more. Just wasn’t as good either. The PC remains by far the most highly rated indica-type strain I’ve ever grown, among friends and trading victims. Otherwise I’d have ditched the stupid thing ages ago.
To be fair I haven’t noticed that many other people having these problems though. I’ve seen quite few pics of people’s PCs that looked different than mine- more dense, and more normal. When I started the strain I grew three seeds and flowered them all several rounds- but they all seemed pretty well identical so I just chose one more or less at random.
I complain about mine because it’s very mold prone, grows really scraggly needing a lot of tending, takes a long time to flower for what it is, and is sort of disgusting to work with. Check the first post of my thread from last night if you want to hear me whine about it further. ;)
yeah man i ditched it after a side by side with money maker and white lemon. Just no contest, then again i got PC seeds from a well known UK breeder but not in breeder packs, so who knows what i really got, suffice to say i get mine from aussies now and ive had no issues with the fast strains. Good to know tho mate, Take care :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom