What Strains Have You Created?

Mr Spliff

It's been many years since i was always on the look out for the strongest, most potent cannabis strain to smoke, maybe it's an 'age thing' but nowadays it is often the strains with less THC that the mrs and i tend to favour, so after a few years of experimenting i've finally created a stable strain that suits us and provides the required enjoyable stimulation.

Basically, the male genetics were provided by a series of Purple #1 plants with the maternal side of things coming from a 'landrace' White Satin x Lowryder #2.

The result is, a plant that stays short (approx 3 ft at harvest), is partially auto-flowering, which allows for cloning but also has the benefit of sexing plants very early if started from seed, and produces approx 1oz of thick, dense buds per plant.
The high is a very pleasant 'energetic' feeling, (so there's no arguments about who's fetching the munchies), it is also quite 'giggly' which is always a bonus, and generally gives a feeling of warmth and well being. - Two joints passed back and forth will provide around 3/4 hours of enjoyment!

What strains have you created and what are the results? - or do you just stick with the regular seeds from seedbanks?

:smokin:

Well, right now I'm not really interested in crossing strains, only because I'm no where near experienced enough with the different kinds of strains that are available to smoke. Maybe when I find what I like, I'd be interested.

Well, right now I'm not really interested in crossing strains, only because I'm no where near experienced enough with the different kinds of strains that are available to smoke. Maybe when I find what I like, I'd be interested.

That's what it's all about... finding a strain that you really enjoy, and no doubt it's 'horses for courses', strains that you may love may not suit the next guy/girl.

When growing/breeding/consuming cannabis I don't think you can ever be too experienced....even the top breeders in the world are learning new stuff everyday! - I suppose that's why we have great forums to help us all out, like this one!

Hey Mr Spliff !
Thats neet that you made your own strain. Ya and I get you with a less potent more fun smoke. I remember some of the highland Mexican strains we used to get in the early seventies that would keep you fucked for the day.
I'm growing NL[joey weeds version} x Texada island timewarp, timewarp is a outdoor strain from the Pacific North West of Canada, sativa, very playfull and energetic.
This is the second year with my own seeds, just smoke the males to find one thats strong and has the characteristic i want and breed that to the best tasting and early finishing female.
Not a true breeding strain yet, lots of different genotypes. I should probably keep clones of my best female and dust them with pollen from all the males, on different buds and test to see which is best and then back cross that to the female. But hey its just for fun. The nice thing is that my plants are really starting to adjust to the climate, the first cross NLxTITW finished in the end of sept. but even only after two years of selecting for early finishing I have shortened the finish time by about a week.

I dont think I could just stick with one strain I love variety. Different smells, tastes, and highs. I have never created my own strains but my next grow with some seeds from amsterdam I will be doing some breeding to keep the strains and have alot of seed stock. maybe even do some experiments.

Hey Mr Spliff !
Thats neet that you made your own strain. Ya and I get you with a less potent more fun smoke. I remember some of the highland Mexican strains we used to get in the early seventies that would keep you fucked for the day.
I'm growing NL[joey weeds version} x Texada island timewarp, timewarp is a outdoor strain from the Pacific North West of Canada, sativa, very playfull and energetic.
This is the second year with my own seeds, just smoke the males to find one thats strong and has the characteristic i want and breed that to the best tasting and early finishing female.
Not a true breeding strain yet, lots of different genotypes. I should probably keep clones of my best female and dust them with pollen from all the males, on different buds and test to see which is best and then back cross that to the female. But hey its just for fun. The nice thing is that my plants are really starting to adjust to the climate, the first cross NLxTITW finished in the end of sept. but even only after two years of selecting for early finishing I have shortened the finish time by about a week.

Hi Amrad,
Nice mix you have there, I tried briefly a few years ago crossing NL with 1 or 2 other strains but could not stabilise things, so i gave it up as a bad job, some strains are just not meant to be crossed i reckon, either that or a lot more time and effort back-crossing is needed for some!
Ganjarden.... 10 or twenty years ago i'd have definitely agreed with you, variety was the spice of life in those days and the more strains i sampled and the more stoned i got was paramount, unfortunately, as happens to most of us in the end, nowadays my life is a set routine and the weed i smoke needs to fit around that, so getting couch-locked for hours and hours on some heavy Indica, or buzzing around like a headless chicken on a pure Sativa is not feasible for me.
My strain allows me to deal with life's daily chores while feeling somewhat euphoric throughout.

I created a strain I called finishline. I crossed a papaya with a original misty and after stabalizing it I feminized things by forcing a female to throw a couple bananas out at the end of flower and used the pollen to pollinate another female. everytime i want a guaranteed female with a extremely musky, skunky, earthy flavor taste I grow a few beans. A buddy of mine in the ozarks has been growing the finish line exclusively for 4 years straight now. He says after 4 years he still has no tolerance to it and that it still has no ceiling. Which means the more you smoke, the more stoned you get. Some strains have a ceiling where you only get so stoned and any more smoke just gets you a head ache. I myself like it but the extreme musky/earthy taste gets to be too much for me after a while. The wife loves it and prefers it actually.

I got about 3 years ago some seeds from a freind that I vacuum sealed. After that time I sprouted and grew them culling the males. I thought all where female except for one that seemed to be a thai breed due to the amount of leaves being 3 4 and seven - thin.

The irony is that one breed in the mix had very large 5 leaf and smelled like orange.

After getting rid of the thai type I thought i was safe but when i removed it the plants got pollinated and have received seeds but not many and mostly on the inner nodes of the stalk and some on the buds which seeds I have saved.

During cure in jars I have tried some with a SSV, taste is real nice but in a bowl they don't have any taste except smoky. The high last hours. I smoked yesterday out of a bowl at 3 pm ate went to bed and was still buzzzed at midnight. You can crush it and it smells great but the flavor???

Some is sensi flavor but others are not. I've cloned the orange and think it to will have seeds but o well. How long does a cure take to get flavor
:peace:

Those are trifoliates not triploids. Some people confuse polyploids with trifoliates but in the cannabis world there isn't a naturally occurring polyploid. They must be made by soaking the seed in a gout med solution called Colchicine. This stuff is extremely poisonous and it has been reported that the plants these seeds make cannot be smoked but only used for pollination to make seed with. It's been said that the first generation is poisonous but any generation after that is safe. The colchicine will cause the seed embryos to mutate and you end up with some really weird strange plants that do some weird shit. Some can be super potent and others can have a super high CBN or CBD count which is great for pain users.

Barney's Laughing Buddha crossed with BigBud.

0167.JPG

Back
Top Bottom