What the best way to reflect light underneath plant canopy during flower?

Hellno187

I received more plants then I expect recently (not a bad thing) , but because of this my 3 1/2' x 3 1/2' grow room is a little cramped. This hasn't been a problem for veg because I have multiple T5's so I can get light from all directions. However, I only have one 400w hps flowering lamp, so I'm contemplating getting something to reflect the light underneath my plants. I've read all sorts of rigs people have done like using a wall mirror or putting tinfoil sheets on top of the pot around the stem. Anyone have any other suggestions they've used successfully? :nomo:

i have mine sitting on bright white styrofoam pads. the underside of the plants leaves, do not take in light. but they do take in water, and feed.

Tin foil and mirrors are in general frowned upon as these may create hot spots... it could burn ya girly etc

How ever using reflective sheeting has been used in ripening of fruit & tomatos on a commercial scale, so ye in principle the method can be used to get more light to the lower canopy of your plan.

It may even increase yield slightly to those lower pop corn sites :high-five:

Reflective sheeting could be diamond mylar, white plastic sheeting or you could do a DIY job with something painted matt white for an example.

Back
Top Bottom