What the?! Seedling looks a bit odd.

Lil Neutrino

This one popped up about a week ago from some old bagseed I had. And I do mean old...possibly up to 3-4 years, mostly kept in a desk drawer with room temps in to the low-mid 80's. I've only seen a few other seedlings so I'm not sure what to make of this one but it looks odd to me. The leaves have splotches of lime green and dark green and the new growth seems more "spur-like" than others I've had not to mention to reddish-purple color tinge on the tips. At first I thought it was burnt but upon closer inspection with the camera it's not. Also there is some mutant leaf growth on the left leaf, first "serration" on the bottom right...it's not a serration, almost like a new leaf tried to grow off the larger one. It's not a big concern to me, more curious about the leaves and especially the new growth. I know stems and such can take on a purplish tinge especially in young plants which I had with my last grow but this is different.

I'm using FFOF soil, no nutes, only distilled water, air temps 68-78F...I think I have overwatered it, hence the drooping, so I'm now letting it dry out a bit but beyond that I've treated it no different than other seedlings I've had that turned out just fine save for the fact some were male lol. Any ideas? Damaged DNA/genetics? "Hot" soil (I've seen a few comments about FFOF being a bit strong for seedlings but haven't had any issues myself)? A mutated strain that will bear reddish-purple buds that glow in the dark (sweet! :yummy: lol) ?

1-17-10_033_rsz.jpg

Trifoliate seedlings have three cotyledons and three leaves on every node thereafter, except that some of them straighten out and become bifoliate after a few trifoliate nodes.

I had one like that in my first journal that I called Trippy ;). Trippy turned out female, had narrower leaves like a sativa, and a very cerebral high.

HPIM1082.JPG

trippy as a seedling

HPIM1113.JPG

a little bit older

IMG_1670_Medium.JPG

all grown up

Back
Top Bottom