What time of day should you water?

Hypnotic420

420 Member
I have been reading that you should water early in the morning, some say mid day and others say early evening. I’m at a loss. I’m on my second grow and I’m trying to tweak all of my mistakes and get a really nice harvest. As always thank you for all of the advice and help. :smokin:

I grow in soil. I water when the plant starts feeling lighter in the pot, so basically I let it go down to almost dry every time.
I grow in soil as well. I’ve learned how to judge the weight but I wasn’t sure if there’s a proper time in the day to water them.

I have been reading that you should water early in the morning, some say mid day and others say early evening. I’m at a loss. I’m on my second grow and I’m trying to tweak all of my mistakes and get a really nice harvest. As always thank you for all of the advice and help. :smokin:
There in fact is a best time of day to water. Watch your plants carefully as they come out of the night period and start into their day. Typically you will see the leaves raise up to greet the light, and what you are seeing that allows that to happen is that the roots have begun their process to suck up the water with the energy that the morning light gives them.

If you water during this time of awakening, not only do you get to water the soil to saturation, but as the plant is actively uptaking its morning water, you can get the plant to take an additional 10% over what you would normally be able to give that plant and container. When I water first thing in their morning, I take advantage of this by coming back 20 minutes after watering to runoff, and adding another 10-20% before it runs off a second time.

There in fact is a best time of day to water. Watch your plants carefully as they come out of the night period and start into their day. Typically you will see the leaves raise up to greet the light, and what you are seeing that allows that to happen is that the roots have begun their process to suck up the water with the energy that the morning light gives them.

If you water during this time of awakening, not only do you get to water the soil to saturation, but as the plant is actively uptaking its morning water, you can get the plant to take an additional 10% over what you would normally be able to give that plant and container. When I water first thing in their morning, I take advantage of this by coming back 20 minutes after watering to runoff, and adding another 10-20% before it runs off a second time.
thank you!!! I’m going to try this method :slide:

Go in Emilya's links below her signature, some of the best reading on plant watering can be found there.

Back
Top Bottom