What tools needed (outdoor growing of Super Silver Haze) for my seeds?

Mr Cramming

Hello there,

It's my first post in this forum, and I am a little bit confused about it yet. I am trying to start a Cannabis-growing hobbie, and as it's my first time and as I cannot find a lot of useful information, I decided to start a thread, asking you for assistance. I am not sure what should I have for the whole package of this business. I have made a list of what I will have to purchase, please add more gear I should get (with information why I need it, and where do I get it, if possible).

Here's my list:

- Weight Scale (0.001g-20g/30g).
- Organic Soil.
- 3 Seeds of Super Silver Haze.
- Banana Peels. (I have read that making a soil with water and banana peels is a good resource for potassium, what do you think?)
- Nitrogen-watering. (So, here comes up a question, should I mix up normal water with baking soda and pour it on my seeds? If not, can you give a tip of a good resource for nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus?)
- Seaweed-watering. (Well, I found in a website that if you mix up water and seaweed, and leave it for two weeks, it will be a very good food for the plants. Comments?)
- Fish emulsion. (Here, I don't know how exactly to use this product, so if you know, please let me understood this)

Well, thank you very much,
Hoping for your response,
Mr Cramming. :420:

Welcome to 420.

Looks like you wanna go organic, I would recommend reading some journals of other growers who also do organic growing.

Here is a link to the organic section of 420. Organic Growing

This is probably the best place for you to learn what you will need to become efficient in your hobby, lots of reading ahead of you, good luck.

You don't need to give your seeds anything. There are several methods for popping seeds, some have more success than others.

What I do is this.

I make PH down water of 6.0 and add a little humic acid.

I soak a paper towel in that water, then squeeze out most of the water.

I place my seeds inside the wet paper towel, and fold it over the seeds.

I then place the paper towel inside a zip lock bag. I then place the zip lock bag inside a brown paper bag or box.

I place the bag or box inside my grown room, which stays around 75 degrees.

I wait a few days and check on them. Most of them will have sprouted. Some take a few more days.

I then place them in rock wool inside a humidty dome in my grow room.

Anyways, you want to buy a good book on how to grow weed. You also want to buy a good book on gardening in general because I've learned more for a good gardening book than from any of the how to grow weed books.

Of course, then you will still make a lot of newbie mistakes. You will learn from them. You will get better.

Was amazing reading your posts guys, thank you for responding. I am going ahead of reading straight from now. Thanks for the links and all the tips. :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, that I am from Israel, and my area has a dry and hot climate. So, maybe you could direct me into what I should do?

Only outdoors, I cannot do it indoors anywhen. I am yet searching for a good price for some fairly worthy strain seeds, if you have any ideas what I should buy first (only feminized seeds) and have a good website to buy the seeds from, could be good if you'd tell me.

If you want to buy some good strains, check out the site sponsors. Click Here

Herbies is among them, and they all have great service and great strains (and I think all give free seeds).

And also, your country is awesome for being smart enough to spend time and money researching Cannabis since the 1970's. Because of that, it's helping a lot of people today.

As for growing outdoors in a hot and dry climate, I can only speculate, as my climate is a little different. I have seen Cannabis grown in many places throughout the world, some of those climates were very hot and dry also. So it's possible, but you might need to look for some strains that are native to hot and dry climates for the best results.

The rest I think is simple, making sure they have water when needed, and you will probably have to water a little more than the average grower, and feeding them nutrients when needed also.

Someone more knowledgeable than myself will have to help with the specifics of growing outdoors in a hot and dry climate.

Back
Top Bottom