What type of bug is this?

Bman420

Hey guys, firstly thanks for taking a look! Today I found a few of these fly things down in the soil I’ll post both the bugs and my plants currently in veg... how do I get rid of these things???
D27272C8-A023-42E7-83DF-C9A2BF1B7734.jpeg
BD20B263-15A8-45FB-85A5-9EA22165217A.jpeg
0E7AE451-601F-4D40-B642-5D61330C022A.jpeg

Sprinkle Diatomaceous earth on the plant and soil top. Get sticky traps. Make sure your grow room is spotless. Neem spray works also. Use caution with oil based products and strong lighting. It can have a negative effect, burning plant leaves.

Sprinkle Diatomaceous earth on the plant and soil top. Get sticky traps. Make sure your grow room is spotless. Neem spray works also. Use caution with oil based products and strong lighting. It can have a negative effect, burning plant leaves.

Thanks for the reply mate I’ll get it done today
Got some sticky traps up for now

I forgot another option.Mosquito dunks have a biological growth inhibitor. Ground up (wear a mask) they can be mixed into the top few inches of soil. They can also be placed near the drainage holes. I use Diatomaceous earth. You can get it in food grade.

I forgot another option.Mosquito dunks have a biological growth inhibitor. Ground up (wear a mask) they can be mixed into the top few inches of soil. They can also be placed near the drainage holes. I use Diatomaceous earth. You can get it in food grade.

Do you know what type of bug this is for future reference?

Also.... They usually come about from too much moisture. Make sure the top couple of inches dry out between waterings. This is where the female lays eggs. They need moisture to live.

Looks like a soil gnat. Pic is blurry though. If one gets caught on a trap, take a clear pic.
Diatomaceous earth works on any soft bodied insect.

Back
Top Bottom