What year do you think the U.S. will finally legalize cannabis?

the year will be 2039, the government(world) has finaly figured out that they can tax the shit out of it and line their pockets

In my own opinion, the United States government will never legalize marijuana. Rather, I think that marijuana will, eventually, be treated as a morals issue, just as alcohol and/or prostitution are today. By that, I mean that it will be up to the various states (and even local governments) to make the decision whether or not cannabis should be legal. Essentially, I believe that we will eventually have "wet" and "dry" towns and counties just as we do now for beer and liquor. Once a significant number of the individual states determine to legalize marijuana, then, the Federal government will get on the taxing bandwagon so that it can gain revenue; and many of the current Federal restrictions will fall away. But, unless there are major changes in our Constitution, I think marijuana will eventually be seen as an issue for the State more than for the Federal government.

Back
Top Bottom